OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:22 am 
King of Men

Thatcher Demko refuses to validate the Goalie Hug at the ASG. Typical Canuck petty douchery when it suits them.....they also left Lindholm on the non-canuck team. Hopefully the Bruins can reintroduce them to reality later this week in Boston. Irritating that the Canucks got such a hard working quiet guy in Lindholm but it was nice haul back for Calgary.

At least I have an old new team not to like.

Props to Ricky for being just enough of a douchebag to get this majority team of douchebags on the same sheet of music. :lol:

:steamingpileofcrap:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:41 pm 

Brad Marchand hits 1000 games, all with the Bruins. As much as I hate Marchand, there is also a huge amount of respect. He didn't come into the league flashy, he was expected to be a 3rd/4th line player but he just kept improving, doing everything well.

"Marchand is three goals away from 400. The only players with more goals than him since the start of the 2010-11 season are Alex Ovechkin, Steven Stamkos and John Tavares"

That stat is remarkable, he does not get the attention I think he really deserves. It seems to me that Stamkos and Tavares are considered to be better players, but I'm not sure I would prefer either of them on my team over Marchand. I would never have thought 13 years ago that this guy would be likely to land in the HHoF but pretty sure he will, and that he will deserve it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:56 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Bruins announce that Milan Lucic's leave of absence has been extended to the end of the regular season.

I seriously doubt we will see him ever again in a B's sweater, if at all in the NHL.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:53 pm 
King of Men

Brad what a stallion! Gets in a dust up on his 1000 Game ceremony day!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:24 am 
King of Men

Bruins get back on track after playing their worst game of the year against the Isles. Tea bag the Leafs....which is always nice.

The Leafs aren't going anywhere with that D and Goaltending.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:26 pm 
King of Men

Somehow the Bruins are still in play for Elias Lindholm........as the Canucks aren't sold on him and would prefer Guentzel? iiam: Seems weird to pay such a price for a rental...but who knows.

Talk about making a guy feel unwelcome. Poor bastard!

He's a wonderful fit in Boston. We haven't had such a swede since PJ!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:02 pm 
Big in Japan

harmfuljays wrote:
Somehow the Bruins are still in play for Elias Lindholm........as the Canucks aren't sold on him and would prefer Guentzel? iiam: Seems weird to pay such a price for a rental...but who knows.

He'd go great with the other Lindholm...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:24 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:

I'm not sure this is a thing. Lindholm has not been playing good but he's also not been given a time to adjust and learn the systems. He got here and went into a 9 game road trip.......no practices. Nucks have a lot of time at home this month and I think he'll be better for it by the end of the month.

Getting Guentzel would be an over extension in my opinion. The age of the Nucks core allows them a 5 year window of opportunity. They should not be giving up any of their 7-8 or prospects that are likely to make the NHL. Those low cost players will be what allows them to compete for 5 years. I think have more kicks at the cup is better than selling off and going for one big kick.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:52 pm 

That would be so crazy if it happened. The fact that it's being rumored though makes me think it won't.

B's gotta get a hold of a center somehow. They've done admirably this entire season with two third liners (arguably Zacha is less than that) as their top two centers but it's finally leaving them exposed a bit. The key is getting someone who not only strengthens them up the middle now, but for the next few seasons before they gotta retool/rebuild again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:01 pm 
King of Men

Pat Maroon on board....roll out the stanley cup!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:40 pm 
King of Men

Linus apparently torpedoed a large trade that was in the works due to "geography." Aka I am not going to Canada.

The danger with doing this is that you wreck the team chemistry by hurting feelings. Of course as a fan I have thought that Swayman was going to be the future #1 but still its a nice tandem going on there in Boston.

Who knows....its twerker or x or whatever they call it nowadays rumours anyway....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:46 pm 
Big in Japan

Bruins add a RHD in Andrew Peeke. He seemed like a solid hitting bottom pairing guy in Columbus but tanked like the rest of the team. Boston might be able to fix him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:01 pm 
King of Men

harmfuljays wrote:
Pat Maroon on board....roll out the stanley cup!

Bruins immediately move this dude to LTIR to save on cap space.

He JUST had freakin back surgery 4 weeks ago................ :suprisedtoangry:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:10 pm 
King of Men

The Bruins had to have made another move here if they think they are bringing Hampus off of IR.

I am actually surprised Gryz, Forbort or Debrusk were not moved.

This Pasta contract is going to hurt for a LONG time. But at least he's showing he's worth it.

The Team in Question for Ulmark seems to be LA.....a city worse than anything in Canada!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:30 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:

The Team in Question for Ulmark seems to be LA.....a city worse than anything in Canada!

That actually makes sense. The only Canadian team that I thought might be interested would be Toronto, and no way the Bruins trade him to their likely 1st round opponent. LA on the other hand needs a goalie upgrade.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:55 pm 
King of Men

ok there it is Forbort's season is done and he is on LTIR now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:15 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Sooooo, have Pat Maroon and Jack Edwards spoken yet? Now that homer Jack would have to say nice things about Maroon on the air, he'd better suck up to Maroon... This could be a fun storyline from an outsider's view.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:40 pm 

Wonder what Pierre-Luc Dubois is thinking now that it's out there that his latest and greatest team was reportedly this close to dealing him away.

Glad the Wholesome Hug Tandem is staying together at least until the end of this season/postseason.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:04 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
Wonder what Pierre-Luc Dubois is thinking now that it's out there that his latest and greatest team was reportedly this close to dealing him away.

Glad the Wholesome Hug Tandem is staying together at least until the end of this season/postseason.

PLD's fall from grace after getting exactly what he wanted is as sad as it was predictable. That it coincides with the emergence of Byfield and the need to shore up goaltending makes his contract even messier.

But if Boston think they can fix him, he can probably be fixed. They turned Zacha into a guy, and Coyle left Minny with a similarly mixed rep. Even when he was coasting in Winnipeg, PLD was more of a difference maker than Wheeler and the suddenly good again Scheifele.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:58 am 
King of Men

Lindholm or PLD......

Lindholm is a way better fit since Vancouver doesn't seem interested.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next