OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:19 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Those new uniforms are taking some getting used to. The shade of gold they're using I think is a throwback, it's kinda weird and kinda cool at the same time.

Anyway, onto things that are actually important. For the first time in league history, three teams (Boston, Colorado, and Vegas) are all undefeated after their first 6-plus games, Vegas of course is 7-0-0 whilst Boston and Colorado have six wins apiece.

I kinda expected a good start from the two Western teams, but the B's!? I can't believe a team that doesn't have a legit scoring line center anywhere in their lineup has started out this well. Admittedly, their schedule has been somewhat soft thus far but that's still quite the accomplishment regardless.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:28 pm 
King of Men

Bruins off to a solid and surprising start. Despite my misgivings Pasta has been able to find space and get it done, impressive. The big boys have been the big boys and the team itself has played with cohesion.

Poitras looks to have cemented himself beyond the audition but you never know. I'd like to see him with time on the first line now.

Milan has been placed on LTIR with an ankle injury. Could be the end for someone that wasn't the fleetest of feet in the first place. If it is...it was a good story and he went out on a high note.

https://nesn.com/2023/10/bruins-place-m ... ter-moves/

Mason Lohrei on the way up! Ian Mitchell got the waive...............

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:40 am 
King of Men

Today is the day........Poitras stays! Bravo sir! At some point this season he will take over 1st line duties.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:19 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Ohhhhhh Charie...that's not cool, man.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:00 pm 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
Ohhhhhh Charie...that's not cool, man.

You know its ugly when Jack Edwards says nothing at all during the replay. Easily 4.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:43 am 
King of Men

Lohrei and Beecher both pick up their firsts.............

I keep trying to throw dirt on this team year after year....but somehow they defy. Swayman and Ulmark look super good this year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:43 pm 

How do you lose Bergeron and carry on like its no problem. This organization just amazes me.

Swayman/Ulmark are easily the best tandem in hockey. Both are probably in the best 5 or 6 goalies in the league. Is that too much of a good thing? Would they be better off making a trade? Edmonton desperately needs a goalie and dman. Ullmark + Carlo for Draisaitl? 9 years and they still have not found a decent dmen corps and goalie for McDavid, they have to be getting desperate enough to shake things up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:58 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Fogghorn wrote:
How do you lose Bergeron and carry on like its no problem. This organization just amazes me.

Not to throw water on this, as they have been absolutely amazing, but Steller goaltending has been a huge factor and a bunch of decent players with a can do attitude can go a long way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:09 pm 
King of Men

Scott 679 wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

Not to throw water on this, as they have been absolutely amazing, but Steller goaltending has been a huge factor and a bunch of decent players with a can do attitude can go a long way.

This is true I am not sure if we want the Alberta malaise to spred!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:26 pm 
King of Men

Bruins lose to the Habs and a questionable DQ goal for the first time in 4 years. The Montreal faithful try to recapture the magical hatred of this matchup by booing every time a Bruin touched the puck. The only one that even remembers this used to be a rivalry is Brad so hopefully they can rekindle the animosity. The players know its supposed to be there so hopefully a better team in Montreal will fix that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:03 pm 
King of Men

Bruins still defying any type of decline, run up their record to 12-1-2 with a league leading 26 points by beating the off-the-mark Sabres. Tage gets hurt........The return of CMac to major minutes from suspension immediately pays dividends. Everything is working for the B's once again which should give a lot of credit to Montgomery and crew.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:53 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Lucic taking a leave of absence from the team, after being arrested on domestic abuse charges.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:36 pm 
King of Men

Bruins dismantle the Habs on another Habs/Bruins Saturday night. This time the game was not so entertaining. Bruins run it to a league leading 13-1-2....I honestly thought Patrice departing would have more of an impact but it hasn't. Coyle and Zacha while not dominate have been much more effective than I had anticipated. Pasta is earning every bit of that money.

In the past Bruins management has been scoffed at but I think Cam and Don have done a great job here and most past blunders should be swept away. Also have to give it up to Adam McQuaid and Jamie Langenbrunner who have handled player development. The boys behind the scenes don't get much of a shout out but in this case they deserve it.

Its an unfortunate exclamation point to what I believe was a solid career for Milan. I was under the impression he was probably done anyways but if there are problems at home he needs to turn the page and take care of that business. I would suggest a mans area to retreat to when the woman starts pushing buttons and enters lunatic mode. It has always served me well! If I had Milan money....I would have a whole separate carriage house or super awesome man shed/pad to escape to when the winds of justified or unjustified female rage kicked up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:08 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:

In the past Bruins management has been scoffed at but I think Cam and Don have done a great job here and most past blunders should be swept away. Also have to give it up to Adam McQuaid and Jamie Langenbrunner who have handled player development. The boys behind the scenes don't get much of a shout out but in this case they deserve it.

They'd get my vote for the best managed organization in the NHL.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:04 pm 
King of Men

Bruins hit their first bump in the road and play 2 poor matinee games back to back....losing to a Detroit team that seems to have their number and the Rangers who are that good this season.

Apparently there are a lot of local folks asking for the B's to cut Lucic in wake of some homefront issues. I personally
think that's too hasty and the team should stand by the family instead of looking to make some type of social justice PR move.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:31 pm 
King of Men

Time to let Debrusk find a new team. Not sure he has ever found a fit here...he pounds pucks at the net when its not necessary........everything is a nail when you are a hammer. I wish him well but he's bait to dangle if there are any suitors to be had.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:39 am 
King of Men

So it went dark with news on Milan. Looks like he went into the Players assistance program. Wow....what a sad way to end a career. Everything was looking up....he had a great offseason at the Worlds, came back to Boston, looked to be on cloud 9 and then this, which will definitely be it in Boston. Hope everything works out for you and your family in the future Milan.

In other news Poitras has been lent to Team Canada for the World Juniors which starts the day after Christmas at 4am from Sweden! Morning holiday games with Timmies!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:49 am 
King of Men

Zacha and CMac back from injury. I had suspected an increased role for Poitras by now......but clearly that's not the case. Can't critique too much sitting atop the Atlantic. Detroit and the Rangers have had their number so far. Another crack at DET on New Years Eve.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:00 am 
King of Men

Uh....oh.......Ulmark and Poitras go out against the Yotes.....with all of 25 people (22 Bruins fans) in attendance.

To add insult to injury they lose in OT.

The Yotes have a better record than the Flames............. :nar:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:54 pm 
King of Men

Quite frankly.......I just don't understand this team.

They have made the other top teams look fairly pedestrian the past 2 games.....Avs....Peg.....

I am not saying I don't enjoy the ride.....

Me personally I still think the game plan is to shut down Pasta. You do that and make the rest of the team beat you. Montgomery and the rest of the team have been very good about creating space for him so easier said than done.

Coyle and Zacha have stepped up admirably....and while still not 1st line centers IMO......they've made it work.

So...What will Cam and Don be doing with the deadline approaching?

Unless it involves Jake Debrusk.....probably not much.....while I would love to see them in play for Elias Lindholm....other teams will probably offer more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next