OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2022 Offseason
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:01 am 
King of Men

Just when I think things are going to be bad in Calgary I look over at this team..

YIKES! :wookie: :steamingpileofcrap:

Everyone and their brother had extensive off-season surgery. Marchand and McAvoy will be out until 2023 potentially. Grezlyck and Reilly also had offseason surgery and could be 5 and 3 months respectively

Cassidy gets canned....for who knows what.....and some dude that likes to party (Jim Montgomery) comes to join the Irish drinking fest in Boston....

Well at least Don and Cam will have someone to toss them back with when the team is on the skids.

Patrice is 36 and winding down....he also needs a contract and I am sure he wants more than 6 Mill or at least that much again. Does he want to be part of the shit show that is certain to be next year? We'll see...I guess it depends on the money.

Meanwhile the team will squarely fall on the shoulders of David Pastrnak for the 2022-2023 campaign....so goes Pastrnak so goes the team.

Jake Debrusk has decided to stay.....and I tend to wonder how the team actually felt about Cassidy.

A host of old boys enter this upcoming season heading for UFA status (Foligno, Smith, Haula, Nosek, Wagner, Clilfton) and I can't see any of them sticking around when Pastrnak gets the keys to the vault in the same offseason.

Tough times are coming in Boston as the team cycles again.....let's hope following the Detroit model doesn't include their recent lengthy struggles as well.

Free Agent targets: Sadly I can't list any because the Bruins are up against it with what they have....they need to sign Patrice if they can. If they could swing another center....like Statsny, Strome or Rodriguez that would be helpful but probably wishful thinking.

Post subject: Re: 2022 Offseason
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:22 pm 
Big in Japan

Sounds like they really want Dubois, but who doesn't?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:07 am 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
Sounds like they really want Dubois, but who doesn't?

In a perfect world I guess...they were in on him last year too. Not sure what they would do or how they would make that work though. They have no room as Don has handcuffed the shit out of this team.

Quote:
We have to add to the depth of the club overall, create some internal competition,” Sweeney said. “There’s not going to be a high-end player coming in (via free agency), that’s just a result of where we are in our cap situation.”

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:11 am 
Big in Japan

Krejci coming back! Two 36-year-olds up the middle.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:43 pm 
King of Men

Did Patrice get signed too? Where is this Krejci signing? Oh I see its on the twitter.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-br ... id-krejci/

In on Trocheck and Kadri? Pffftttttttttttttttt. :jerkbag: Trocheck and Brad don't get along and why this team would ever want Kadri is beyond me.

All pipe dreams unless this team finds hidden cap space under the cushions! LTIR here we come!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:59 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Kadri and Debrusk on the same line...hoo boy that would be fun.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:24 am 
Big in Japan

Haula for Zacha. Do the Bruins feel there's more to unlock in Zacha, because if not I'd rather just have Haula another year. Unless Haula is as much of a crab as people said a few years ago!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:07 pm 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
Haula for Zacha. Do the Bruins feel there's more to unlock in Zacha, because if not I'd rather just have Haula another year. Unless Haula is as much of a crab as people said a few years ago!

Not sure I get this one. Zacha is an RFA.....other than just unloading Haula and not resigning Zacha (how does one cut an RFA loose, just not bother?). Which makes sense if you are trying to sign Patrice and Krejci.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-br ... vel-zacha/

I guess they hope to sign him.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:34 am 
Big in Japan

Bergeron and Krejci back on cheapie one-year deals.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:26 pm 
OTP Historian

2.5M + 2.5M bonuses for Bergeron. That's ludicriously cheap. Unless he wasn't exploring the market, Colorado should easily have guaranteed that $5M.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:48 pm 

E.L. wrote:

Not only that, they carry bonuses that definitely get carried to next year's cap.

In other words, the Bruins are going for it one last time, and then will likely enter a lengthy rebuild/retool.

Re-stating the obvious here but man, things must've been truly bad between Cassidy and the players for Krejci to bolt for Europe for a year and Bergeron to basically threaten retirement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:44 pm 
King of Men

Zacha also signs a 1 year deal at 3.5 million....Maybe Krejci can show him the ropes and Bruins find a diamond in the rough.

I often times found the layered style at odds with the actual personnel on the team last year. I am interested to see what type of style
Montgomery brings here.

Going for it is a rather strong term ;) :lol: but at least its not the train wreck it appeared to be and they should remain in the mix for one of the bottom playoff spots next year (depending on how the first half goes).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:51 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Not only that, they carry bonuses that definitely get carried to next year's cap.

In other words, the Bruins are going for it one last time, and then will likely enter a lengthy rebuild/retool.

Re-stating the obvious here but man, things must've been truly bad between Cassidy and the players for Krejci to bolt for Europe for a year and Bergeron to basically threaten retirement.

Cassidy seems like a total douche bag.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:20 pm 
King of Men

Chara signs a 1 day and retires a Bruin......that's the way it was supposed to be. Happy Trails Big Z!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:28 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Chara signs a 1 day and retires a Bruin......that's the way it was supposed to be. Happy Trails Big Z!

I've said this before but that HAS to be the greatest single free agent signing in hockey, if not all of sports. They got sooooooooo much out of the guy, and in an age range where they only should've gotten, like, two or three prime seasons out of him, tops. He actually made Peter Chiarelli look like a good GM, so that to me takes the cake. And conversely, the Sens bet on Wade Redden and...hoo boy, talk about a guy who aged the exact opposite way that Chara did.

33 will be up in the rafters in no time, and rightfully so. Good player, and in an age where it feels like they are in short supply, a good guy too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:38 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

I've said this before but that HAS to be the greatest single free agent signing in hockey, if not all of sports. They got sooooooooo much out of the guy, and in an age range where they only should've gotten, like, two or three prime seasons out of him, tops. He actually made Peter Chiarelli look like a good GM, so that to me takes the cake. And conversely, the Sens bet on Wade Redden and...hoo boy, talk about a guy who aged the exact opposite way that Chara did.

33 will be up in the rafters in no time, and rightfully so. Good player, and in an age where it feels like they are in short supply, a good guy too.

Agreed all around. Making Chiarelli look smart is no easy feat!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:13 am 
King of Men

No PTOs for the B's.

https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/202 ... ruins-news

First Pre Season game up shortly on Saturday night against the Flyers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:00 pm 
King of Men

Taylor Hall experienced a "significant" injury during the preseason game on Saturday. Look for Preseason standouts AJ Greer or Marc McLaughlin to step up. I had high hopes for McLaughlin when I saw him in limited action last year....hope he makes it this year!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:32 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Taylor Hall experienced a "significant" injury during the preseason game on Saturday. Look for Preseason standouts AJ Greer or Marc McLaughlin to step up. I had high hopes for McLaughlin when I saw him in limited action last year....hope he makes it this year!

Ah yes, AJ Greer. Picked with one of the draft picks acquired in the Ryan O'Reilly deal, I believe. Reportedly Patrick Roy pounded the table for the guy. Decent size and talent and has made a bit of a name for himself in the AHL, but lousy skating and a propensity for dumb penalties have largely kept him from making it into the Big Show.

Also had some strange run-in with the law a few years back, apparently he's bros with Sonny Milano and they tracked down some dude after a party to shake him down for some money he owed them or something. No biggie, but an amusing story nonetheless. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:47 pm 
King of Men

Perfect fit in Boston then! He's looked good in Pre-season.....Chris Wagner could be making a come back as well on that 4th line.