OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: These Fans Travel Well!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:55 pm 
King of Men

I've noticed over the past couple of years that Bruins fans tend to take over opposing arenas and its spreading.......not sure what that's all about.....perhaps its all of New England just spreading their wings all over the country.

I don't find any other team whose fans travel so well and can get a Lets Go Bruins chant going in an opposing barn.

:viking:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:12 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Hawks fans are like a red rash in the stands. So annoying they show up in droves in the Ball Arena stands. Kinda satisfying the last few years they've showed up to watch their team get their asses handed to them. In fact, even when the Hawks were the best team in hockey, the Avs for some weird reason had their number.

That said I'm 100% against banning opposing fans from buying tickets. Lukewarm Avs backers need to get off their asses and buy tickets.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:54 am 
OTP Historian

Detroit fans have travelled really well in the past and had high road attendance numbers. A lot of Michigan transplants everywhere. The numbers can't be as high anymore given how bad the team has been for a while now.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:54 pm 

This exchange between President Bartlet and his Chief of Staff from "The West Wing" is something I find amusing:

Quote:
Leo: You're scared of Babish.

Bartlet: Oh, like you're not.

Leo: No, because we are both men of Chicago.

Bartlet: What is it with people from Chicago that they're so happy to have been born there? I meet so many people who can't wait to tell me they're from Chicago and when I meet them, they're living anywhere but Chicago.

Leo: You wouldn't understand.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:04 pm 
King of Men

Funny you bring up Chicago as that's the game I was watching with a few fights in the stands. One of the rare games where you look in the crowd and there are FEW Bruins fans.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:37 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Funny you bring up Chicago as that's the game I was watching with a few fights in the stands. One of the rare games where you look in the crowd and there are FEW Bruins fans.

I remember being at Pepsi Center walking the concourse, I was wearing my B's jersey because Ray was in the house (can't remember if he was playing for Boston or Colorado at the time, I saw him in person in both instances) and two dipshits behind me start mumbling about how there are so many Bruins jerseys in the crowd. I purposely take off my jacket so they can see my sweater and hear the scoffing, I turn around they're wearing fucking Coyotes sweaters! :roll:

Apparently Avs fans are spreading like a disease into other rinks. There was apparently a pretty noticeable contingent of Avs-backers at the Saddledome last night for instance.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:58 am 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

I remember being at Pepsi Center walking the concourse, I was wearing my B's jersey because Ray was in the house (can't remember if he was playing for Boston or Colorado at the time, I saw him in person in both instances) and two dipshits behind me start mumbling about how there are so many Bruins jerseys in the crowd. I purposely take off my jacket so they can see my sweater and hear the scoffing, I turn around they're wearing fucking Coyotes sweaters! :roll:

Apparently Avs fans are spreading like a disease into other rinks. There was apparently a pretty noticeable contingent of Avs-backers at the Saddledome last night for instance.

I'm sure that the Avs success in the late 90's/early 00's would breed fans in other areas, just as the Wings of the same era and the Crosby-era Pens have too.