OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:47 pm 
King of Men

I see I was late to my TROUBLE BRUIN post.

Yep my wife didn't understand this and I said the same thing. The B's often times get a wild hair up their ass about who they don't like and turn the screws to the point they want out.

Some HOFers they have cut bait on just because the didn't fit the mold.........I still find the Taylor Hall thing a bit mystifying...miss out on him draft Seguin, get rid of Seguin and then finally end up with Hall. Of course its a bit late. But apparently 2010 the Bruins must have had FOMO.

Coyle, Forbort, Hall...just waiting for Tarasenko to end up here. :roll:

Debrusk has needed a change of scenery for well over a season. Hopefully he goes somewhere else and is successful. How about Max Domi out of Columbus?

The goaltending has been downright shoddy for the Bs and as Jaffe has also come aboard with the D is making a lot of poor decisions turning the puck over.

Would not be surprised to see Rask taking back over when he's able in 6 weeks or less.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:09 pm 
King of Men

Marchand and Smith area already shutdown for the vid....add Patrice today.....would imagine a larger shutdown coming....damn Calgary!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:35 pm 
King of Men

Tick tock goes the clock....3 more Bruins enter the Vid protocol including Swayman (Blidh, and Frederic). I am sure the Islanders are excited to play them tonight....... :roll: :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:46 am 
Big in Japan

Will the Habs and Bs play Saturday? I guess we'll see. Weird they haven't met yet this season.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:32 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

harmfuljays wrote:
Tick tock goes the clock....3 more Bruins enter the Vid protocol including Swayman (Blidh, and Frederic). I am sure the Islanders are excited to play them tonight....... :roll: :twisted:

Barzal is out too. But yeah, after having gone through their own mini-pandemic, I'm surprised the Isles didn't ask the league to postpone that game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:37 am 
King of Men

Well that was a bust game for the B's.....but a glimpse into what this team would look like without Marchand and Bergeron..........

Pastrnak alone just doesn't cut it but an opportunity for himself and Hall to step up.

Jake Debrusk is still hanging around and why they haven't signed Tuuka yet is because of this CURRENT CAP SPACE $27,115 :lol:

You'd have to find a taker for Ullmark (5 Million) and Debrusk (3.675) before that can happen.

While I like the offseason adds of Haula (REALLY good at faceoffs) and Foligno up front the B's already have a similar level of scoring or lack thereof in Lazar and Smith. If Hall can't be the guy they think he can be that puts this team in a real hole down the stretch.

They already have no choice but to play Clifton at his bargain level contract and ZERO room for wiggle.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:30 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

E.L. wrote:
Will the Habs and Bs play Saturday? I guess we'll see. Weird they haven't met yet this season.

Actually they did back about a month ago. Second of a back to back on a Sunday night in Boston. Habs were up 2-1 going into the third and the Bruins got 4 goals and won 5-2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:18 am 
Big in Japan

Scott 679 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Actually they did back about a month ago. Second of a back to back on a Sunday night in Boston. Habs were up 2-1 going into the third and the Bruins got 4 goals and won 5-2

Why don't I remember this? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:42 am 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Why don't I remember this? :lol:

:lol:

We've got a lot of losses.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:30 pm 

:laap:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:50 pm 
Big in Japan

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:01 am 
Big in Japan

Rask signs a PTO in Providence. He'll be back with the big club soon enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:56 pm 
King of Men

So....the question goes......Tuuka plays and someone goes or gets sent down. Tuuka said he will play for beer money but.....there is no money. Deadline cap space about 4 and current cap 1 and a half.

Debrusk has requested a trade as well as Zack Zenyshyn so they are part of any deal to be made.

You can send Swayman down...but I think you ruin him if you do. I don't know him personally so that's only something management can say.

On a side note Craig "thought he was done" Smith is on the top line with Patrice and Brad. Pasta has been moved down to 2 and is still struggling. Yes, signs of things to come when Brad and Patrice are gone. I have always thought his development stunted playing with those guys and now we will see if he can be a game player or slide away.

Ironically the goaltending has been pretty good since Tuuka has been sniffing around. Go figure.

I got a Cam Neely and TD Garden ornament for Christmas also a B's lava lamp....f'n awesome! You folks should really check out the "magma lamps" on the NHL site. Can confirm Good stuff.

https://shop.nhl.com/lamps/c-23867591+z ... 2181677836

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:54 pm 
King of Men

Tuuka signs for beer money....1 Million.

And down goes a "disappointed" Swayman.

Unfortunately, this is the right move and I hope Swayman uses it as a building block. As much as I wanted him to succeed this season I never got the feeling he was quite ready for the full time job...despite what I had thought going into the season. In a continuing kick your dog type of day he isn't even available for the Covid Taxi Squad.

Welcome back Tuuka.....I guess we are kicking at the can again....let's do it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:24 am 
King of Men

Acknowledging the step up of Pasta as of late.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/bruins ... econd-line

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:31 pm 

Much respect to the Bruins for their actions lately. Marchand and other players have met with Hayes' son, played street hockey with him, etc.
Bergeron hung a personalized Bruins jersey behind the bench for Teddy Balkind, the Ct player who passed away during a game last week.
Good stuff coming from horrible situations.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:58 am 
King of Men

This Tuuka signing seems to have backfired on the Bruins.

And at the end of the day Linus Ulmark emerges as the starter............ :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:39 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

harmfuljays wrote:
This Tuuka signing seems to have backfired on the Bruins.

And at the end of the day Linus Ulmark emerges as the starter............ :oops:

I'm just stunned he's managed to stay healthy this whole time. In Buffalo he couldn't make it five games before getting hurt.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:23 am 
King of Men

The resurgence of Craig Smith and the final emergence of Jeremy Swayman. Strange paths to success this season for both of them but they are getting there.

Even Jake Debrusk is getting it done lately. Will he stay or will he go? If nothing else outside of requesting the trade he's been fairly professional and seems to get along well with the group.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:34 pm 
Big in Japan

Bruins trade a lot for Hampus Lindholm, then re-sign him to an 8 x 6.5M AAV deal. The Atlantic Division will see lots of him and McAvoy the next few years.

It'll be interesting to see how rejuvenated Hampus will become in a new market. His offence game was going down in Anaheim.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next