OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:25 am 
King of Men

Debrusk signs a 2 year extension. While this doesn't mean he is completely off the block it does mean that hopefully rifts can be mended (crosses fingers for Johnny!).

I don't know how I feel about the Lindholm signing.......its a lot to give up and a big contract. I don't see him being better than Carlo....so this is a 3-4 guy making 6 mil plus. Hopefully he rises to the occasion as a 1-2.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:26 pm 
King of Men

Bruins sign one trade request and send the other one packing.

Its almost disturbing to see the run on D in Boston....at one time that was a strength but then Clifton and Forbert became regulars and that was that!

Zach Synyshyn for Josh Brown.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:18 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

harmfuljays wrote:

Its almost disturbing to see the run on D in Boston....at one time that was a strength but then Clifton and Forbert became regulars and that was that!

Wait, Senyshyn requested a trade!?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:48 pm 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

Wait, Senyshyn requested a trade!?

Yep...he wanted out along with Jake.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:25 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Yep...he wanted out along with Jake.

I guess if you're basically the prospect whom B's fans look at and say "You aren't Chabot, Barzal, or Connor" I can see why he'd want a fresh start.

Not a good deadline for Donny Boy IMO. Paid a hefty sum for a fading Hampus Lindholm, THEN extended him through his thirties to a even heftier sum. Then he traded for...Josh Brown? Hmmm. Definitely not an "all in" year for Boston, which I guess I can understand, but as this thread asks, how many more chances you gonna get with this core?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:42 pm 
King of Men

Yeah I don't understand the direction. To me this is...let's make a little bit of money and see if we can squeak out a round or two. Plug the glaring holes to see how far we get. I would have rather seen a Chychrun trade and then a signing over Lindholm, who as a I said above is a stretch as a 1-2. Give me a break...that's the same money Torey signed for in St. Louis and Torey is twice the D Man Lindholm is.

And signing a dude who doesn't want to stick around? That's 10 Million bucks, add in a number 2 in Ulmark making 5 Million as well. So that's 15 Million bucks tied up players in who I can't see being here in 2-3 years.

Who knows? I am not privy to what goes on behind the scenes, perhaps all this was plan b on down.

The end is coming in 2023-2024....like it or not. At least Craig Smith has risen from the dead!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:43 am 
King of Men

Trying to invoke some of the past hatred for the Habs....but it seems to have lost some of its shine. How the hell did Montreal make it to the cup final last year? What a crappy team other than Caulfield and Suzuki.

I will say I remember the first time I ever saw Paul Byron. At the time he was wearing a Flames sweater but I remember watching him and commenting on his skill. Glad he has gone on to a serviceable career in Montreal. Another small guy they sent packing in Calgary.

Anyway despite the amount of shots on goal that was a sloppy turd of a game from the Bruins who somehow managed to eek out a win. Allen made some sweet saves and was probably the only reason it wasn't 7-1. Super dirty move from Marchand with the OT winner.

That might have been the best game I have ever seen Clifton play.

Of note.....Carlo has been interesting this year.....he looks to be fighting the puck a lot and often times looks like he doesn't know what to do next. Maybe that's why Hampus is here.

Forbort is questionable......

I really don't see this team making much noise in the playoffs. Every team ahead of them is just better.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:55 am 
Big in Japan

Not the most exciting game in the history of this great rivalry. Suzuki and Caufield made some interesting plays but this was the first time I've seen them ineffective since MSL came aboard. Boston kept this boring and it worked for them. Lots of giveaways for the Bruins, though. That was strange to see.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:39 pm 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
Not the most exciting game in the history of this great rivalry. Suzuki and Caufield made some interesting plays but this was the first time I've seen them ineffective since MSL came aboard. Boston kept this boring and it worked for them. Lots of giveaways for the Bruins, though. That was strange to see.

Yes...that has crept into their game this year. It used to be just Pasta coughing up the puck at will but now the D does it regularly this year and some of the forwards are also in on the action........it reflects in the D analytics too, Hampus will feel right at home!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:55 am 
King of Men

Don't look now but the Bruins have quietly slipped into the top of the Atlantic.

I can't say that I've liked all the moves of late but they seem to be paying dividends. Swayman is a changed man since Tuuka came and went. I like the energy between Ulmark and Swayman and the little bro hugout at the end of the games is nice. This is the Swayman I thought we were getting at season start. Its just taken a bit to get there.

Hampus comes in and immediately takes big minutes and comes out the other side a plus 2 with an assist. Clifton and Forbort get even more reduced minutes which is appropriate.

My doubts earlier about Pasta being able to carry the load when Brad and Patrice are gone have been erased. Patrice is nearing the end and this little segment without him is showing what lies beyond.

The lineup seems to be peppered with Vets and reclamation projects that seem to be working out so far. I am still not convinced they make it out of the first round...but if they somehow draw the leafs its a sure bet! ;)

Its certainly a pleasure to be a fan of two teams (especially ones that are both doing well)...I would recommend everyone try it!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:34 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Its certainly a pleasure to be a fan of two teams (especially ones that are both doing well)...I would recommend everyone try it!

Ain't nothin' wrong with that? :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:37 pm 
Big in Japan

Toronto fans are up in arms about the Taylor Hall sucker punch on Lyubushkin. I thought it was bad, but not throw the book at him bad. 5K fine in the end.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:45 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Toronto fans are up in arms about the Taylor Hall sucker punch on Lyubushkin. I thought it was bad, but not throw the book at him bad. 5K fine in the end.

I didn't like it, and would not have minded a game suspension for it, but also, equating it with Matthews' cross check to the face/neck of Dahlin is disingenuous bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:40 pm 
OTP Historian

Pokecheque wrote:
E.L. wrote:

I didn't like it, and would not have minded a game suspension for it, but also, equating it with Matthews' cross check to the face/neck of Dahlin is disingenuous bullshit.

Larkin got a game where he didn't injure the guy and it was straight on. The inconsistency is maddening.

Love Ray Ferraro but "the 5k fine is plenty" is comical. That's the equivalent of an $83 fine for someone making $100k per year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:10 pm 
King of Men

Gee whiz...."sucker punch".....the internet sure does turn up the drama level nowadays!

I had tuned out on this game due to the Leafs teabagging.

So here it is.

Looks like Hall went in to the boards far harder than his Will Smith imitation on Babooshka. I thought we were fashionably giving Russians no quarter anyway. :hrm:

I thought Marchand chopping Tavares was just as bad if not worse.

Whatever motivates the Leafs team to whoop on the Bruins should be appreciated from a Leafs fan perspective.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:00 pm 
King of Men

Yeesh......first 3 game skid of the year. Not sure what's up with Swayman.....sometimes he's good sometimes he's just terrible and Ulmark isn't any better in the consistency department.

Pastrnak is truly missing.

Now the D is banged up so understandable but not in any universe is a Forbort/Clifton pairing acceptable.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:53 pm 

Hope on the horizon...

https://twitter.com/TheAHL/status/1516125257949757449

Brandon Bussi, NCAA standout who recently signed, got two wins, one of them a shutout, for the P-Bruins, getting AHL Player of the Week honors.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:40 am 
King of Men

This team is getting it done but its ugly and somehow they beat St Louis and the Rangers.

Brad Marchand is having a mid life crisis.....can't buy a goal and he needs a CBD.

The PP is ineffectual and the goaltending is spotty at best even if the hug is awesome.

Still not sure how or why Clifton and Forbert are a pair. And the ever increasing turnovers are going to kill them come playoff time.

But there is always Patrice! He just keeps on going and should be the Selke winner again this year (surpassing Bob Gainey).

I really don't give them much of a shot.....they could beat a Carolina team that has no goaltending but that would mean they would have to outscore them.

There is a clear division in the East between the top and the bottom. I'd love to see a date with the Leafs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:47 am 
Big in Japan

Petry laid out Bergeron with a clean hipcheck last night. You rarely see Bergeron get caught off guard like that.

Of course how dare someone lay a clean hit in this game, so Marchand then Clifton retaliated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:02 pm 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
Petry laid out Bergeron with a clean hipcheck last night. You rarely see Bergeron get caught off guard like that.

Of course how dare someone lay a clean hit in this game, so Marchand then Clifton retaliated.

Yeah there was nothing wrong with that hit. Patrice has been around the game long enough and had enough mushy melon to know better. If it wasn't for the Habs bringing a bit of passion to that game on Guy Lafleur night it would been a snore fest. Marchand needs to relax....the stick swinging he has been doing lately is silly. I'd rather him lick people even with the COVID.

Now who I really want to mention is Marc McLaughlin..a local Mass young man who they just put in the lineup straight off the Eagles squad. He hasn't missed a beat and looks like he belongs on a regular NHL shift. Potential gem here for the Bs and perhaps a future Patrice successor. Time will tell.

https://bceagles.com/sports/mens-ice-ho ... hlin/14408

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next