It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bruins at the TD 2016
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:48 pm 
King of Men

UFAs: Eriksson, Kelly, Talbot, Gustavsson, Miller

RFAs: Connolly, Ferraro, Krug, Morrow, Trotman, Miller

What do the Bruins do at the Deadline?

Now is the time to cut Marchand loose if they can find a partner.

Krug would be a great benefit for someone looking for a smart defenceman that can create plays but with an aging Chara winding down it would be foolish to get rid of him.

The shelf is pretty bare here in Beantown and money is still locked up in core players like Krejci, Bergeron and Rask. A package of Eriksson and Marchand may fetch something if done right. What once was an embarassment of riches on the backend is now suspect. With the playoffs still in sight there could be a move or two for the B's before the deadline.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:31 am 
King of Men

Probably the best moves of the TD were putting Talbot and Rinaldo on waivers. Loui Erickson staying put doesn't concern me one way or another.

Quote:
In the trades, the Bruins sent their 2016 fourth-round pick and 2017 second-round pick to New Jersey in exchange for Stempniak, and their 2017 third-round pick and 2017 fifth-round pick to Carolina in exchange for Liles.

Not really sure what this does for the Bruins other than say they made moves. I've always liked Stempniak but I don't see it being much of anything. I suppose JML is better than McQuaid at this point.

I would have thought the Bruins would be stockpiling picks at this point but I suppose they have too much money tied up in aging roster vets to wave the flag yet.

Guess we'll see tonight against the Flames.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:24 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I'm the 2nd biggest JML fan I know (Alec is, of course, #1), and even I gotta admit I think the guy is done. But whatever, perhaps he can play out the string in a sheltered role and maybe put up some good points. In his prime he could run a power play with ease.

Stempniak is this era's Bryan Smolinski. May as well trade for him. He's ALWAYS available.

Fucking Rinaldo suspended again. Guys like this can't get out of the league fast enough.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:12 pm 
OTP Historian

Quote:
In 2003, when The Magnificent John-Michael Liles arrived at Denver International Airport, over 34,000 screaming sports fans awaited him on the tarmac. Police tried their best to hold back the frenzied mob, but were hopelessly outnumbered by the spectators, many of whom broke through barricades and surrounded the plane, which rocked dangerously from the weight of the throngs pushing against its landing gear. Hours later, as the motorcade carrying The Magnificent John Michael Liles raced down Pena Boulevard toward Denver, riots broke out throughout downtown, with bonfires, looting and lanes full of overturned, burning cars stretching southward beyond the Pepsi Center. Recognizing that "Liles Mania" was whipping his city into a torrent of orgasmic ecstasy, Mayor Wellington Webb declared martial law for three months, after which Denver was finally able to calm itself and come to grips with the magnitude of The Magnificent John-Michael Liles.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:03 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
Quote:
In 2003, when The Magnificent John-Michael Liles arrived at Denver International Airport, over 34,000 screaming sports fans awaited him on the tarmac. Police tried their best to hold back the frenzied mob, but were hopelessly outnumbered by the spectators, many of whom broke through barricades and surrounded the plane, which rocked dangerously from the weight of the throngs pushing against its landing gear. Hours later, as the motorcade carrying The Magnificent John Michael Liles raced down Pena Boulevard toward Denver, riots broke out throughout downtown, with bonfires, looting and lanes full of overturned, burning cars stretching southward beyond the Pepsi Center. Recognizing that "Liles Mania" was whipping his city into a torrent of orgasmic ecstasy, Mayor Wellington Webb declared martial law for three months, after which Denver was finally able to calm itself and come to grips with the magnitude of The Magnificent John-Michael Liles.

Lile-mania!