OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cup Run 2024
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:37 am 
King of Men

1st Round Vs the Leafs. Game 1 Bruins handled them rather easily in a spirited affair. Short, smart passes in covered layers. Stellar goaltending out of Swayman. Marvelous play out of the Big Rig, Beecher and that 4th Line. Jake Debrusk gets it going........

The Leafs started out well enough with truculence.....unfortunately that D is suspect as well as the goaltending. But this is what happens when you pay 4 dudes over 10 Mil. They either produce or its over.

Post subject: Re: Cup Run 2024
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:52 am 
King of Men

Leafs with a much better game 2. Puck support and effort to the puck was night and day from the first game. Jarnkrok and that line were better than Boston's bottom line.

Toronto's big boys showed up and scored....and that wins them games as long as the shoddy D and iffy goaltending can hold up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:35 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Boy as much as Mikko Rantanen can frustrate me as a fan, he wouldn't come even close to the levels of sheer rage I'd feel if I had to watch playoff Mitch Marner every year. Good heavens.

Boston, despite the heavy losses they took in the summer, still got some great clutch performers and the best goaltending of anyone in the postseason by far. I could see them making a very deep run.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:11 am 
King of Men

Something stinks in Boston..........not sure how a team can be fairly dominant and get to a 3-1 lead and then forget how to play. It was like night and day from Game 5 on....poor puck possession, apathetic puck support/pursuit, errant passes, poor shots and shot selection.

Pavel Zacha can't hold on to the puck.......Brasier doesn't belong on the ice......completely unacceptable to not show up for the games in the 1st period at this time of year. Swayman is the only thing keeping these games close....that and the fact the Leafs aren't doing anything by outshooting them anyway.

Why would Montgomery even make changes for game 5?

I would love to give the Leafs credit but they don't even have Matthews.....Wol is an improvement on Samsonov but that isn't saying much. Somehow a barely NHL caliber D is now a f'n force field!? Give me a break.

So as much as I would like to credit the Leafs this is a complete lack of effort and compete from the Bruins. Someone should check the betting lines and make sure these guys bank accounts aren't growing as they lose!

But anyway.....it isn't like the Bruins haven't rolled this movie before. Getting up big in a series and checking out seems to be their new MO.

Neither one of these teams is going to make it through Florida anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 2:21 pm 

The thing everyone was worried about going into this season has finally reared its ugly head: You simply cannot expect to win in the postseason with a weak center corps.

The Bruins have been exposed a bit in the last two games, games in which their goaltender, statistically speaking, was not the best one on the ice. That's not to say Swayman stunk, but it shows just how much the B's rely on him.

I can't believe fucking Marchand got away with pushing a linesman out of the way. Fuck that. You make contact with the refs on purpose, you should be suspended. I don't care if he was in front of the fucking door, figure it out.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 6:47 pm 
King of Men

I should also mention that last night on NESN was Jack Edwards last game as game 7 will be on ABC/ESPN. Jack was always interesting and a mainstay for the past 19 years through good times and bad (more good times though). Thanks for the past 19 Jack! Your passion for the B's was always appreciated! Good luck on your next path!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 10:02 am 
King of Men

Well The Bruins move on........played a better game and showed up in the 1st. Pastrnak with the OT winner earning his money.

That game could have gone either way. Maybe Woll makes that save right after the Leafs goal. But Samsonov was solid.

Bruins better be thanking Swayman for that series win.

If I were a Leafs fan.....A for effort still wouldn't be enough though. Time to make changes.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 1:37 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Well The Bruins move on........played a better game and showed up in the 1st. Pastrnak with the OT winner earning his money.

That game could have gone either way. Maybe Woll makes that save right after the Leafs goal. But Samsonov was solid.

Bruins better be thanking Swayman for that series win.

If I were a Leafs fan.....A for effort still wouldn't be enough though. Time to make changes.

Neither goal Sammy gave up was particularly horrid, but...as Steve Dangle said you still want a save there.

Also, Pasta was sprinting full speed while the rest of the Leafs were just kinda lollygagging around. Rielly realized WAY too late what was happening. Yet Pasta knew exactly what he was doing.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 9:25 am 
Big in Japan

Bruins and Panthers tied 1-1 in the series, but more importantly, Pasta and Tkachuk dropped the gloves.

https://twitter.com/BR_OpenIce/status/1 ... 8341294371