OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bruins 2019-2020
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:10 pm 
King of Men

Bruins looked pretty good in their opener. Layers are still working well and I like the sandpaper in Ritchie and Wagner.

Jack and Brick were in mid season form making questionable comments about Polak crashing into the boards. Yes it was all Polak's fault.

How long can this machine last? I don't know....its going to break one day or maybe not with Mcavoy, Carlo and Krug back there.....

Charlie Coyle was predestined to be a Bruin.....

I do have some reservations about certain players and their ability to hack it though.....Connor Clifton chaps my ass, he's young and has only played around 20 games so he probably deserves a break. Jake Debrusk also causes me fits of rage. He's got talent but often times I don't think he's always in command of it. David Pastrnak...ok I like the guy but f'n a he is a turnover machine...watch him sometime......he gets blown off the puck and makes errant passes to phantoms quite frequently but all the other times he's f'n magic and he's really good in those Dunkin Donuts commercials.

The Bruins have also smartly found a veteran in Halak who can handle a considerable workload for an aging Rask just like last year.

Patrice is starting to slow down but overall this team is defying the odds and seems to be able continue their run of excellence (Bravo Don and Cam). While the Leafs may pass them in the standings this year the Bruins still must be considered a cup threat for now.

Post subject: Re: Bruins 2019-2020
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:48 pm 
King of Men

Well....not only are the Bruins 8-1-2 but they are dominating teams and putting up mad totals. I didn't expect this. But the machine keeps on chugging and grinding. I specifically liked the way they handled the Blues and the forecheck that caused them issues in the Cup series.

As a side note I had no idea that the rink announcer had retired and its weird to hear the same woo but from a different dude.

Even the guys I had thrown shade at have bought into the system and I finally may have to give Pastrnak his due as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:59 pm 
Big in Japan

Offensively they're a one line team right now, but it's a damn good line.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:38 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Love this.

https://theathletic.com/1350951/2019/11 ... ed-article

Quote:
As a young hockey player growing up in Czechoslovakia and later in Slovakia, Zdeno Chara was hazed and bullied. Acts occurred that he does not want to discuss in detail, but he decided then that he would never treat anyone in a similar fashion — ever.

That’s one reason Bruins newcomer Cameron Hughes did not skate a lap or two on his own at the start of the pregame warmup Monday night, something that has become a rookie ritual on many teams in the NHL. Not in Boston. As funny, juvenile or harmless as it may seem, Chara believes it’s unnecessary.

“I’ve been through some stuff and had to do certain things as a young player, and I didn’t like it,” Chara told The Athletic. “Right then I made up my mind if I was ever in control of that kind of environment and could make a change, I would do it.”

Regardless of age, accomplishments, status or titles, Chara believes in the one-team mentality. The 42-year-old Bruins captain, Stanley Cup winner and future Hall of Famer respectfully describes newcomers as “first-year players.”

“I don’t use the word ‘rookie’ because it just doesn’t sound right,” Chara said. “Little things go a long way and make a big difference for these young men who are trying to stay and establish themselves in the league. If we can help them out in any way, then that’s great.”

Public incidents of hazing have declined across the major sports in recent years, as the culture at large has begun to shift its feelings on the uglier forms of the practice. But in most quarters, the “harmless” types of hazing like the solo skate still persist. The reality is, however, sending a newcomer onto the ice by himself doesn’t help the nerves he’s already dealing with when making his NHL debut before family, friends and thousands of strangers. Chara believes younger players appreciate the professional culture in Boston.

“How can you expect something out of a young player on the ice when you treat him differently off the ice?” Chara said. “I believe in certain acts or behaviors, and it’s a standard for me that we’re not going to be using anything against anyone.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:15 pm 
King of Men

What's better than an ass kicking of the Habs at the Bell Centre? Nothing!

Well maybe this guy throwing in the towel in Montreal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hPh-GL-qsE

:viking:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:57 pm 
Big in Japan

harmfuljays wrote:
What's better than an ass kicking of the Habs at the Bell Centre? Nothing!

Well maybe this guy throwing in the towel in Montreal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hPh-GL-qsE

:viking:

Dangerous, but I appreciate the gesture. What a downer that game was. Habs need to do a little soul searching, especially the guy in nets...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:11 pm 

Interesting that they'd incorporate the cap hit in a motion graphic. :lol:

https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/11 ... 6928115712

https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/11 ... 7452763138

Both Charlie Coyle and Chris Wagner sign extensions. Details are...well, just hit the link!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:36 am 

Unbelievable, Avs have the best goal differential in the Western Conference and the Bruins are ahead of that mark by TEN GOALS. They are hands down the most dominant team in the league.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:27 am 
King of Men

This team also has the ability to pick themselves up off the deck.......several times lately they've been less then stellar out of the gate. But they find ways to come back which is what a well balanced team with Vet experience and a solid dressing room does.

The Hawks typically have their number but nothing the Bs could do about it last night in OT with Toews on a break after a blown tire. The feat was actually coming back to tie it once again. You almost expect them to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat with the way they are playing.

Its a real pleasure to watch this team. Pastrnak has clamped down on his errant passes and even Clifton is playing well. John Moore was back last night...I swear I haven't seen that guy in a year.

Not Surprisingly, following the Red Wings model seems to have worked.