OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bruins 2019-2020
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:10 pm 
King of Men

Bruins looked pretty good in their opener. Layers are still working well and I like the sandpaper in Ritchie and Wagner.

Jack and Brick were in mid season form making questionable comments about Polak crashing into the boards. Yes it was all Polak's fault.

How long can this machine last? I don't know....its going to break one day or maybe not with Mcavoy, Carlo and Krug back there.....

Charlie Coyle was predestined to be a Bruin.....

I do have some reservations about certain players and their ability to hack it though.....Connor Clifton chaps my ass, he's young and has only played around 20 games so he probably deserves a break. Jake Debrusk also causes me fits of rage. He's got talent but often times I don't think he's always in command of it. David Pastrnak...ok I like the guy but f'n a he is a turnover machine...watch him sometime......he gets blown off the puck and makes errant passes to phantoms quite frequently but all the other times he's f'n magic and he's really good in those Dunkin Donuts commercials.

The Bruins have also smartly found a veteran in Halak who can handle a considerable workload for an aging Rask just like last year.

Patrice is starting to slow down but overall this team is defying the odds and seems to be able continue their run of excellence (Bravo Don and Cam). While the Leafs may pass them in the standings this year the Bruins still must be considered a cup threat for now.

Post subject: Re: Bruins 2019-2020
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:48 pm 
King of Men

Well....not only are the Bruins 8-1-2 but they are dominating teams and putting up mad totals. I didn't expect this. But the machine keeps on chugging and grinding. I specifically liked the way they handled the Blues and the forecheck that caused them issues in the Cup series.

As a side note I had no idea that the rink announcer had retired and its weird to hear the same woo but from a different dude.

Even the guys I had thrown shade at have bought into the system and I finally may have to give Pastrnak his due as well.

Post subject: Re: Bruins 2019-2020
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:59 pm 
Big in Japan

Offensively they're a one line team right now, but it's a damn good line.