OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wheeler re-ups for 6
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:55 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nh ... n/2591613/

6 years, $33.6 million. $5.6 million cap hit. Makes him the highest-paid Jets forward (slightly more than Kane) and just under Toby Enstrom's current salary for highest on the team.

Seems a bit steep to me, but what do I know?

Post subject: Re: Wheeler re-ups for 6
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:05 pm 

And Bogosian signs for 7.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nh ... t/2597279/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:29 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

A couple of Americans willing to commit long term to the Peg (for the right price!).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:37 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

I like all the players Winnipeg has committed to long term save for one. And that one would likely be the reason they miss the playoffs next year if they do. That said, I still think they'll make the playoffs next year... I'd put them as the 3rd best team in the Gryffindor.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:02 pm 

saskhab wrote:
I like all the players Winnipeg has committed to long term save for one. And that one would likely be the reason they miss the playoffs next year if they do. That said, I still think they'll make the playoffs next year... I'd put them as the 3rd best team in the Gryffindor.

Can't tell if you're talking about Byfuglien or Pavelec.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:20 am 

Av-merican wrote:
saskhab wrote:

Have I ever said I don't like Byfuglien? I probably did after his initial deal but he's proven himself worthy of that deal.

Pavelec has never been any good.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:30 pm 

saskhab wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
saskhab wrote:

Have I ever said I don't like Byfuglien? I probably did after his initial deal but he's proven himself worthy of that deal.

Well, you've said in the past that Chicago needed to heavily shelter him in order to keep him from being a liability, not that you didn't like him, just didn't know if you thought he was worthy of the big re-up.

But I knew you didn't like Pavelectricity. Too bad he'll be what likely costs Noel his job next season.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:59 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
saskhab wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
saskhab wrote:

Well, you've said in the past that Chicago needed to heavily shelter him in order to keep him from being a liability, not that you didn't like him, just didn't know if you thought he was worthy of the big re-up.

But I knew you didn't like Pavelectricity. Too bad he'll be what likely costs Noel his job next season.

That was generally true about Byfuglien, but he's a better D than he is a F. Chicago wanted a player he really wasn't but they could afford to use him in such a specialized role because they had guys like Ladd and Versteeg up front that could do a lot from the bottom six role.

Ladd would be Chicago's top LWer if he were still in Chicago.