OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:59 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Av-merican wrote:
Burmistrov wants out.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=423761

He's probably a better tipper than Kane though.

Luongo for Burmistrov!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:27 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Ken Wiebe reports the Jets are in talks to sign Zach Bogosian long-term, and no surprise, Hollywood Hainsey is likely gone.

Now's your chance, Montreal!

I'm betting he lands in Philly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:18 pm 

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Clitsome - Bogosian
Stuart - Trouba

Hold up...that D doesn't look too bad. Y'know, so long as Bogosian keeps from coughing up the puck to Corey Perry on a nightly basis.

Then again I might be using the Avs blueline as a measuring stick. That's a pretty easy standard to surpass.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:23 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Av-merican wrote:
Enstrom - Byfuglien
Clitsome - Bogosian
Stuart - Trouba

Hold up...that D doesn't look too bad. Y'know, so long as Bogosian keeps from coughing up the puck to Corey Perry on a nightly basis.

Then again I might be using the Avs blueline as a measuring stick. That's a pretty easy standard to surpass.

Postma is supposed to be good too. Jets D is legit, or at least will be in a couple years as the young guys develop.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:44 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Their D is very nice. Too bad they have no C depth and their goalies are terrible.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:59 pm 

If Claude Noel wants to save his job, he should just go with Montoya the rest of the way. Not sure why he hasn't already.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:07 am 
OTP Historian

They outshot the fuck out of the Wings last night :?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:54 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Av-merican wrote:
If Claude Noel wants to save his job, he should just go with Montoya the rest of the way. Not sure why he hasn't already.

At this point, I'd like the Isles to trade to get Montoya back.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:26 pm 

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... um=twitter

Muskoka 5? Can any Leafs fans shed light on this?

I think it's always off-base for fans and sportswriters to take the guy who wears the "C" to task just because he's not yelling at his teammates when they don't play well, but I do think it's time to look at Cheveldayoff and wonder what in hell the plan is.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:41 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/thrashing-winnipeg-jets-ineffective-core-163629711--nhl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I think it's always off-base for fans and sportswriters to take the guy who wears the "C" to task just because he's not yelling at his teammates when they don't play well, but I do think it's time to look at Cheveldayoff and wonder what in hell the plan is.

Muskoka 5 were 5 JFJ No-Move Clause signings that led the Leafs to nothing and the team obviously couldn't move them without their consent. Sundin, McCabe, Kaberle, Kubina, Tucker.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:36 pm 

saskhab wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/thrashing-winnipeg-jets-ineffective-core-163629711--nhl.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Muskoka 5 were 5 JFJ No-Move Clause signings that led the Leafs to nothing and the team obviously couldn't move them without their consent. Sundin, McCabe, Kaberle, Kubina, Tucker.

That's funny, because three ended up waiving their NMC's and one got bought out.

Crazy how badly both Kabs and McCabe broke down though. Their respective declines were swift.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:05 am 

4-2 loss to the Sabres tonight. Feel like playing Led Zeppelin's "Your Time is Gonna Come" for Claude Noel.

On the other hand, it looks like someone's got an idea on why the Jets suck: Their depth players are terrible.

http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=6512

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:58 am 

This just in: Byfuglien is a dick.

https://vine.co/v/hVa02rzpYtl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:11 am 

Av-merican wrote:
This just in: Byfuglien is a dick.

https://vine.co/v/hVa02rzpYtl

Your shorts are only in a knot because it was your teams goalie :D and you know you'd love to have him playing for the Av's. You'll be cheering for him soon enough in Sochi I suspect.

Personally I quite respect him, he's developed far beyond what I ever expected he would become, sort of the anti-Phaneuf.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:13 am 

He's really damn good. He should be an absolute lock for USA, a no doubt about it, top 2-4 guy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:42 am 

Fogghorn wrote:
Your shorts are only in a knot because it was your teams goalie :D and you know you'd love to have him playing for the Av's. You'll be cheering for him soon enough in Sochi I suspect.

Personally I quite respect him, he's developed far beyond what I ever expected he would become, sort of the anti-Phaneuf.

Well yeah, duh. :lol: But no, I wouldn't love to have him playing for the Avs. Dude's got way, way more flaws than assets. He's such a weird player I like the fact he's in the league, but no, I've had my fill of defensemen who can't play defense.

saskhab wrote:
He's really damn good. He should be an absolute lock for USA, a no doubt about it, top 2-4 guy.

Nominated for most sarcastic post of 2013, made it just under the wire.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:22 am 

Av-merican wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

Well yeah, duh. :lol: But no, I wouldn't love to have him playing for the Avs. Dude's got way, way more flaws than assets. He's such a weird player I like the fact he's in the league, but no, I've had my fill of defensemen who can't play defense.

saskhab wrote:

Nominated for most sarcastic post of 2013, made it just under the wire.

He plays the Hejda/Johnson/Phaneuf role for the Jets, playing the toughest competition by far. 53% possession player doing that. Hejda/Johnson are 46/49. Phaneuf is a 40.

This isn't a new thing, either:

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings ... rtdir=DESC

That's 53% for his entire time as a d-man with the freaking ThrashJets. Dude is proving he's not some Southleast fluke this year, too.

Add in his super-offensive contributions... Dude's a stud. I'd build a D around him more than I would around Suter or Yandle.

My American D: McDonagh, Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, Suter, Martin, Niskanen, E. Johnson. 8th D is a pick 'em of Goligoski, Yandle, Carlson, Carle or a young 'in like Faulk, Fowler or Gardiner. Jones is a bit too young. I might also be inclined to sub out one of Martin/Niskanen/Johnson for a more dynamic offensive player, Martin being the obvious sub out right now due to his injury, which could hinder his mobility even if he's back playing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:05 am 

What? What happened to "Chicago only did well with him when they sheltered him big-time" stuff?

And I thought it was Enstrom who was the "Phaneuf" of the Jets.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:33 am 

Av-merican wrote:
What? What happened to "Chicago only did well with him when they sheltered him big-time" stuff?

And I thought it was Enstrom who was the "Phaneuf" of the Jets.

Enstrom is his main partner, which is a better double than Dion gets in Gunnarson, so that helps.

Chicago sheltered him when he was a forward. It wasn't his natural position, but it worked for Chicago. He's really blossomed as a full-time big minutes blueliner.

Chicago just bleeds quality d-men like nothing. Both Campbell and Byfuglien are high-end guys. The Canucks plucked Stanton from them and he's proving to be quality, too. I bet if Leddy left he'd be a top pair guy no problem. They seem to only truly trust Swedes, though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:43 am 
OTP Historian

saskhab wrote:
Add in his super-offensive contributions... Dude's a stud. I'd build a D around him more than I would around Suter or Yandle.

My American D: McDonagh, Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, Suter, Martin, Niskanen, E. Johnson. 8th D is a pick 'em of Goligoski, Yandle, Carlson, Carle or a young 'in like Faulk, Fowler or Gardiner. Jones is a bit too young. I might also be inclined to sub out one of Martin/Niskanen/Johnson for a more dynamic offensive player, Martin being the obvious sub out right now due to his injury, which could hinder his mobility even if he's back playing.

Your lack of Jack Johnson is astounding. Your list has zero credibility.

Back in the 2010 and 2011 playoffs, and many broadcasts of Phoenix games I've seen, Yandle has always been slobbered over. I remember not being very impressed by him in those 2 playoffs specifically, and if I recall, 1 of them with him looking particularly bad. Can't remember if it was the 7-gamer or the sweep.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next