OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:17 pm 
Big in Japan

Had to be done, but hopefully it's brighter days for the Jets franchise. With Stastny, Perreault off the books and Little maybe LTIR for good, they enter next season with about 30M to spend and this top 6:

Connor-Schiefele-Wheeler
Perfetti/Harkins-Dubois-Ehlers

Or something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:06 am 
Big in Japan

Paul Maurice sent out three forwards in OT twice and scored both times in about 30 seconds. Every team needs to do this now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:54 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

E.L. wrote:
Paul Maurice sent out three forwards in OT twice and scored both times in about 30 seconds. Every team needs to do this now.

Don’t know if others should do that. Maurice has to because that’s where his talent is.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 6:46 pm 
Old Man of the Post

The Jets are in a deep, deep funk. They made the Cannots look competent and capable. Without Ehlers, this team doesn't look so tough.

EDIT: The Jets may suck but they don't suck as much as my Cannots #TeamTank

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:17 pm 
Big in Japan

Not sure what happened to the Jets in the second round. They were lousy in Game 1 before Scheifele's hit, so I don't buy that it was just his absence. Maurice basically said they ran out of gas. Fair enough.

Future outlook isn't so bad. For a team that struggles to attract players because of where they play, they've managed to lock up the important guys: Scheifele, Ehlers, Connor, Wheeler, Morrissey, Lowry, Melo, Buck all signed long-term. Now get Copp done. They've got money coming off the books. I'd bring back Perreault if I were them, on a cheap deal. He was the only kickstarter they had some nights vs. Montreal.

Dubois might move on. Not a fit, can get some defence for him (Rakell/Manson maybe?). I don't think the market will be that hot for Stastny, but they might look elsewhere to fill that top-6 spot. Is there even a slight chance Little comes back?

Dumba would be a perfect fit here. They needed some zest on the backend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7