OTP Clown

Chris18 wrote:
Stinky wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Thanks for all the help, fuckers! :doom:

:hurr:

:lol:

I'd answer you if I could, dude, but this is way over my head.

Same ya fucking midget fuck.

Well if it's over your heads, you aren't much taller than me! :cthulhu:

Good point.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:15 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Get a Samsung Note.

don't believe the bleeding hearts bigger is always better.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:40 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I don't suppose we could get the BBcode for Twitter embeds added...?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:19 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Fucking Chrome is actually blocking embedded YouTube videos for some odd reason. I just have this blank space where the video should be and nothing happens. Clearing the cache/history did nothing either. It wasn't until I clicked on the security shield that said "this page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources" and told it to "load unsafe scripts" that I was finally able to see them again. I don't mean to point out the obvious but, geez, it's fucking YouTube, as in YouTube that is owned by Google. How could it be viewed as "unauthenticated!?" I'm still doing some research, but Chrome has been letting me down a lot lately. First an ongoing Flash Player crash issue, now this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:41 pm 

Flash is troublesome in any browser, although I've come to suspect it has something to do with either the web server or the web page itself as some sites work really well and others give me a consistent crash if I leave them open for a period of time............Canuck's Army I mean you.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:46 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Av-merican wrote:
Fucking Chrome is actually blocking embedded YouTube videos for some odd reason. I just have this blank space where the video should be and nothing happens. Clearing the cache/history did nothing either. It wasn't until I clicked on the security shield that said "this page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources" and told it to "load unsafe scripts" that I was finally able to see them again. I don't mean to point out the obvious but, geez, it's fucking YouTube, as in YouTube that is owned by Google. How could it be viewed as "unauthenticated!?" I'm still doing some research, but Chrome has been letting me down a lot lately. First an ongoing Flash Player crash issue, now this.

Try this but have Jay or Kyle guide you through it first.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95572?hl=en-GB

If you don't want to play in your browser settings look in your address bar. A little shield will appear when you access a page with linked youtube videos. Click on the shield and a small pop up will appear. Click on load unsafe scripts and reload the page. The youtube videos will now appear. If Chuck, Eric, Jeff, Jay or Kyle will tell me how to adjust my https settings in the advanced settings so that youtube videos will display without always clicking on the shield I'll do what they tell me and let you know how it goes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:00 am 

Well I suspect you have run flash plug-ins enable by default. To check do this

Quote:
Chrome uses plug-ins by default on a web page unless they present a security risk.

Chrome automatically blocks plug-ins that are out of date or not used by a lot of programs. You can also block plug-ins yourself any time:

Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu.
Click Settings > Show advanced settings.
In the "Privacy section", click the Content settings button.
In the "Plug-ins" section, choose one of these:
Run all plug-in content (recommended): Chrome will run all plug-ins.

If its like mine th3n run all plug-in content is all ready enabled.

Is it all youtube content you have a problem with or just some? If it's just some then I'm guessing someone has found a way to hack videos (sorry not an area I keep up with and ever since they found a way to embed viruses into jpegs I'm leery of all media formats) then the problem is the specific video. Still suspect its a flaky flash issue though.