OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Issues?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:22 am 
King of Men

Brave is a derivative of Chrome which for some reason doesn't work well here. I am using Pale Moon which is an offshoot of firefox and it does kick me out but only after about 3 minutes...so I have to learn to copy if I am posting something long. Could be the Cloudflare settings as well so I will look at that...

For now I would recommend NO CHROME.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:09 pm 

When I go to "post a reply" write something and then hit "Submit", it asks me to log in and when I do, it brings me back to the page but without what I wrote. However, if I just hit "back" until I reach the previous "post a reply" page again, my comment is still there and I can submit just fine, lol

And I am using Chrome....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:12 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

BCG wrote:
When I go to "post a reply" write something and then hit "Submit", it asks me to log in and when I do, it brings me back to the page but without what I wrote. However, if I just hit "back" until I reach the previous "post a reply" page again, my comment is still there and I can submit just fine, lol

And I am using Chrome....

I have the same issue. I have gotten into the habit of writing my whole post, then selecting all, copying it, hit submit, curse even though I'm prepared for it, log in, hit paste, curse more. The times I forget to copy, well, the cursing is coupled with yet more cursing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:48 am 
King of Men

I disabled a setting within Cloudflare....that seems to have worked.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:52 am 

harmfuljays wrote:

WTF is Cloudflare? Sounds like TP induced hemorrhoids.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:01 pm 

:laffo:
Chris18 wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

WTF is Cloudflare? Sounds like TP induced hemorrhoids.

:lol:

(and yeah - what's Cloudflare?)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:45 am 

Anyone else missing the vertical navigation bar on this site? I'm using Chrome and it disappears. Not a big deal as I can scroll with the mouse wheel but I just find it odd. It will be there one minute but not the next. Window is maximized, so it's not just off screen. Just kind of weird.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:12 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Anyone else missing the vertical navigation bar on this site? I'm using Chrome and it disappears. Not a big deal as I can scroll with the mouse wheel but I just find it odd. It will be there one minute but not the next. Window is maximized, so it's not just off screen. Just kind of weird.

I've heard that an updated Chrome version has been fucking with UIs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:32 am 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I've heard that an updated Chrome version has been fucking with UIs.

Thanks. Tried to see what version I'm using and it auto-updated, so maybe now I'll have worse problems. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:02 pm 

Updated to Windows 11 and my auto-log out issues are terrible now. Chrome makes me log in after almost every time I click anything. But funny enough, I left the site a few hours ago and came back- to see I was still logged in. :lol: I used to get booted after like 1 minute of inactivity.

This is all annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:35 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
Updated to Windows 11 and my auto-log out issues are terrible now. Chrome makes me log in after almost every time I click anything. But funny enough, I left the site a few hours ago and came back- to see I was still logged in. :lol: I used to get booted after like 1 minute of inactivity.

This is all annoying.

Yeah I fucking hate Windows 11 so far. Much as I get annoyed with MacIntosh OS I might finally make the switch soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:08 pm 

I was a Mac user for a long time, then work was all Windows and for school I had a bunch of Windows Only programs that I needed to run so I got a Windows laptop. Also needed one that was waterproof so I got a Toughbook. Been Windblows since. Still have a Mac at home but I have to say- Windows has gotten more user friendly and Mac is less so now. Strange flip.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:01 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Sorry if I already requested this but a dark mode option would be fecking awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:57 pm 
Big in Japan

Sorry, I know the site was down yesterday but I was too tired to do anything. Should be good now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:48 pm 

who or what is wirenine?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:57 pm 
Big in Japan

Fogghorn wrote:
who or what is wirenine?

They are the webhost. And good at fixing stuff for me when I have no idea what's going on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6