OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GAMEDAY THREAD: Sekac-22
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:27 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/previe ... sb-preview

Avs put Varly on the shelf in favor of Reto Berra tonight. I can't imagine he'll do much better, but whatever.

This quote is rather alarming to me.

Quote:
Coach Patrick Roy said he discussed carelessness with the puck at practice Thursday. "I look at our structure, I think it's pretty good," Roy told the Avalanche website.

See, I don't think it's necessarily the fact that the players aren't implementing the system properly, it's that the coaches have no earthly idea what system they really want to use. Management has worked hard this offseason to infuse some more depth and skill (and speed) into the lineup, and yet the coach continues to use slower, more inferior players in key roles. And I have no idea whatsoever what the third line of Rendulic-Soderberg-Rantanen is supposed to serve. Not good enough defensively to be a shutdown line, not experienced enough offensively to be a scoring line, it just looks like a "we have no place else to put these guys" sort of line. It's doubly bad when you realize that Roy played no small part in the personnel changes this offseason, and yet refuses to implement those changes on the ice. How can the coach and management not be on the same fucking page when the coach IS part of management!?

It's easy to drink the Kool-Aid, and this might be a bit of overreaction on my part due to yet another poor start to the season, but I am rapidly losing faith in Monsieur Roy. It's year 3 and he's putting forth his worst coaching effort yet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:45 am 

Not a great victory but hey, a win is a win.

It's definitely Bruce Boudreau who gets pink-slipped first. His replacement has already been hired and the Ducks look absolutely AWFUL.

Berra wasn't really challenged to be honest.

I'm really, really hating how Roy went from loving the run and gun to a completely passive shot-blocking style. Now he's got Tyson fucking Barrie doing it and it's seriously hampering his game. I am seriously close to realizing that Roy ain't the guy to steer this ship back to the promised land.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:47 am 

But this was nice. :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :Butch:

https://twitter.com/myregularface/statu ... 0273431553