PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:19 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

https://www.facebook.com/theahl/photos/a.157055483113/10159298915908114/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:28 pm 
Big in Japan

So strange to not see Bingo.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:33 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Why overload the Pacific like that? Just move Arizona and/or Colorado to the Central and you have more balance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:13 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Pokecheque wrote:
Why overload the Pacific like that? Just move Arizona and/or Colorado to the Central and you have more balance.

Can pretty much guarantee this is all about how much flights cost from Denver to SF/LA/LV vs how much they cost to Chicago, Austin, and Des Moines. The Eagles likely wanted to play in the Pacific and got their wish.

Also: may have wanted just 68 games this coming year. Maybe they move to the Central when they have to play 72.

Three teams in my division play 76 games for some stupid reason.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:49 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

scratchham wrote:
Can pretty much guarantee this is all about how much flights cost from Denver to SF/LA/LV vs how much they cost to Chicago, Austin, and Des Moines. The Eagles likely wanted to play in the Pacific and got their wish.

Also: may have wanted just 68 games this coming year. Maybe they move to the Central when they have to play 72.

Three teams in my division play 76 games for some stupid reason.

Well, I guess that makes sense then.

The Eagles are still holding the original Turner Cup hostage, so I suppose they're not to be trifled with. :lol:

Okay then, points percentage here we come!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:32 pm 

Just realized that the AHL teams aren't playing the same number of games so the playoff seeding is going by points %. Fucking weird.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:18 am 

Little Isles clinch a playoff spot in their 2nd to last game. :toot:
I might go to a playoff game!

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:51 pm 

Aatu Raty recorded his first AHL point, assisting on the OT winner. Bridgeport Islanders 2- Providence Bruins 1. :toot: 1-0 lead in the best of 3 series.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 10:27 pm 

Dal Colle with a PP goal and Raty with the OT winner to propel the B-Isles to the 2 game "sweep" of the P-Bruins. I figured it would be a close series since they split their regular season games, both scoring 36 goals total, but I didn't figure on two 2-1 OT games. Glad to see some young Isles getting playoff experience and at least one round of success.

B-Isles are on to round 2 where they'll face the Charlotte Checkers, who the league abbreviates to CLT. :laugh:

This was Bridgeport's first playoff series win in 19 years. :shock: I knew they didn't have much playoff success, but had no idea they'd been that bad. Holy shit.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 7:51 am 

Bridgeport Islanders were down 4-0 about halfway through the first period of game 2, pulled Schneider in favor of Skarek, and stormed back to tie the game at 5 about halfway through the 2nd! Tied it again in the third at 6, only to lose in 2OT. I love the fight they're showing, but now they're down 2-0 in a best of 5 series, heading to Charlotte. Not looking too good. Schneider was great in the first 3 playoff games and most of the year. Not so good in this game. 4 goals on 9 shots.