OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:23 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

We were talking about all the western NHL teams having their AHL affiliates far east... Not for long!

http://theahl.com/ahl-approves-formatio ... on-p196033

The one thing I notice is the Flames' affiliate moving to Stockton. The Flames ownership group owns the arena the Stockton Thunder (ECHL) currently play in, and are expected to put the AHL Flames into. The Thunder are the Isles' ECHL affiliate, so I'm wondering if they'll move east and make Glens Falls their home after the Flames vacate. It would make more sense to have the minor league affiliates close to each other.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:33 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Avs' current affiliation with Cleveland runs through next season, after that it's almost assured they'll join up with this new division as well. The easiest thing to do would be to purchase the Colorado Eagles in Loveland and promote them to the AHL.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:54 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

There's a battle brewing over the Boise franchise, I hear. If Colorado doesn't want it there's some whispers of a WHL team ending up there.

Vancouver is obviously the next team to figure in. Recent vacancies in Abbotsford and Chilliwack are candidates, as would Boise and Anchorage. Rumour is Arizona wants to put their affiliate in Prescott Valley.

I wonder what's going to happen with the Alaska Aces.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb