OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:35 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

So…the Mailloux pick.

You must have hubris on another level to pick a kid who just made headlines for a pretty egregious act of sexual misconduct right fucking when you’re under scrutiny for the very sordid, ugly mess with Brad Aldrich is coming to light. Even Mailloux himself asked teams not to take him, allow him to work on himself and what not. Nope.

So…yeah. Fuck that arrogant asshole Marc Bergevin and everyone else in that organization that signed off on that. As for Mailloux himself, let’s see if he’s truly sorry or if he’s just gonna hide behind an army of lawyers.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:22 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Isles first pick was 52nd (2nd round) and they got Aatu Raty, a center who was a top 10 projection for a long time but had some issues this year where he was trying far too hard in practice, making mistakes by trying to skate too fast, etc. So a lot of people are now pissed that he fell so far and the Isles got him. Sounds like a good pick. He's under contract this year in Finland and says he'll be in the US the next year. :Butch:

He wasn’t just top ten he was slated to be #1 before the pandemic.

It’s a really good value pick, he certainly has the talent, just remains to be seen if he can transfer it to higher levels.

Raty is one of those can't miss kids who dominated physically at 16 and never improved as other kids caught up. Do those kids ever work out? I feel like Joensuu might've been like that, funny enough.

Joensuu. Oof. I hope this kid turns out better than him!

But from what I've read, he put tremendous pressure on himself after being slated #1 and basically fucked up his own head. Now he says he knows it doesn't matter when you're drafted, but what you do after being drafted to make sure you make and stay in the NHL. I like it. In the Junior Showcase, all he did after getting drafted was get a hat trick and add an empty netter as well. I'd say he's feeling good.

Lou made some other picks that seem good, but as always, we'll know in 5 years if they were good picks or not.

In the

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:01 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

The normally neutral and un-opinionated Elliotte Friedman started out his latest podcast absolutely blasting the Hawks and Habs, and rightfully so.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:08 pm 
Big in Japan

Pokecheque wrote:
The normally neutral and un-opinionated Elliotte Friedman started out his latest podcast absolutely blasting the Hawks and Habs, and rightfully so.

I'm starting to think Bergevin is planning to leave in a year after his contract ends because he'll be heavily implicated in the Hawks scandal and it'll be easier for him to ride off into the sunset.