OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: OHL - Opening Night
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:33 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

I am going to be in Sault Ste. Marie, Saturday, September 23, 2017, for the Soo Greyhounds opening night at the Essar Centre against Oshawa.

Post subject: Re: OHL - Opening Night
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:42 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

If you see any more Greyhounds games this year tell me how my boy Conor Timmins does? I’ve never seen Avs fans more split on a prospect than they are on him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:33 pm 

Hounds are loadin' up! They get Taylor Raddysh in a trade that sees NINE draft picks head to Erie. Is that a typical trade in this league!?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:38 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Hounds are loadin' up! They get Taylor Raddysh in a trade that sees NINE draft picks head to Erie. Is that a typical trade in this league!?

The Soo got Jordan Sambrook (D) as well from Erie. They sent centre Hayden Fowler, a rookie forward, along with five (5) 2nd round picks, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. Two (2) 3rd round picks, 2018 and 2023, and two (2) 6th round picks, 2018 and 2021. Some of these picks Soo got from other teams. Timmins looked really good in the games I have seen and in the just concluded World Juniors. Below are Hayden Fowler's stats.

http://soogreyhounds.com/players/7767

I'll be happy to keep you posted on Timmins. My next game is Jan. 20 at Flint.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:07 pm 

Awesome, thanks! To say that Avs fans are super-pumped about both him and Makar after this year's WJC would probably be an understatement.

I'm being told the Avs' analytics guy, Arik Parnass, played a big role in the Avs selecting him with the 32nd overall pick.

From what I can see he plays a solid game, not too flashy, and the skating is by no means great, but that doesn't matter since he just seems to know where to be and when.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:26 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Awesome, thanks! To say that Avs fans are super-pumped about both him and Makar after this year's WJC would probably be an understatement.

I'm being told the Avs' analytics guy, Arik Parnass, played a big role in the Avs selecting him with the 32nd overall pick.

From what I can see he plays a solid game, not too flashy, and the skating is by no means great, but that doesn't matter since he just seems to know where to be and when.

Sorry, Tommy, I went to the game Saturday night when Sault Ste Marie played Flint Firebirds. Conner Timmins is out with an injury. He didn't play in Friday night's game against Sarnia either. The Greyhounds lost two in a row for the first time this season.

http://soogreyhounds.com/video/watch-jan-2018-ssm-2-flnt-4

Here's an interview with Conner Timmins on NHL Radio.

http://ohl.uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/videos/2018/01/13/01-12-18_Conor_Timmins_mp4_720p.mp4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:17 pm 

Yeah, I heard it was ye olde high ankle sprain, possibly suffered during the WJC, which is usually bad news. Not saying it's quite as severe but Joe Sakic once lost nearly an entire season because of that type of injury. Of course he was much, much older than Conor is now.

Thanks for the links!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:45 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Saw at the time lead scoring leader Jordan Kyrou live last week. Slick player scored a couple of goals but to me seemed he only generated offense off of bad defensive play and did not process the game around him very quickly which always makes me wonder if he will carry the success to pro. But only time I have seen him live so could not say it was the norm.

Oh by the way the Icedogs(my team) where down 5-1 in the second and came back for an overtime win. Have not been getting out to Jr as much this year as this was just my second game this year but boy did I pick a good one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:06 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Went and saw the Saginaw Spirit vs the Ice Dogs last night and bit of a snooze fest and not a single player jumped out to me on the whole Saginaw line up...not sure I have had that happen yet. Hopefully some of the guys that should have stood out just had an off night, I mean I was trying to find something out there and just could not.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:24 pm 

Obviously can't watch junior hockey here in NE (apart from the Stars of course) but the Greyhounds have to be the favorite to win the Memorial Cup at this point. Keep going Conor!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:48 am 

TIMMINS OT GWG!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/OHLHoundPower/statu ... 5578392577

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:22 pm 

Sault Ste. Marie has made it to the OHL Western Conference Finals against Kitchener Rangers. They won game 1, 3 - 2, last night with Tom's boy, Conor Timmins, scoring 2 goals including the game-winner with 0.01 seconds left. The highlight video is included below.

http://soogreyhounds.com/video/watch-apr-2018-gm1-kit-2-ssm-3

Tom, you can watch OHL games live. OHL TV is available through the OHL website as a pay service with various season options available as well as pay per game.

https://ohl.neulion.com/ohl/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:23 am 

Cool, thanks Skip!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:10 pm 

So Avs fans are pretty cranked at former Soo head coach Drew Bannister for the way he handled the Conor Timmins injury. Bannister took the head coaching position in San Antonio, where the St. Louis Blues now have their AHL affiliate.

Timmins has been sent home now, as he hasn't been progressing as well as everyone hoped. Very disappointing news as he was set to compete for a roster spot outta camp. It'd really suck to have two top prospects lost because of concussions suffered right before the end of the junior hockey season.