OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2014-15 WHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:28 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

I can't get too analytical in here, but figured this might not be a bad idea to drop in with some notes so far.

Cory Clouston is unemployed, having been fired by the Raiders.

And making the playoffs just got a bit tougher for my club, as Sam Reinhart was just sent back to Kootenay. Reinhart, Bozon and Deschanau were a pretty damn dangerous trio last year, now that they're all a year older it's going to be pretty nuts trying to contain them. That said, no idea what Kootenay has planned for their team at this point, contenders might be putting up Brayden Schenn type trade packages for Reinhart.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

Post subject: Re: 2014-15 WHL Thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:37 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Wow, Clouston can't even keep a job in junior? Not saying it's a cake walk at that level, but man...that's gotta be tough.

Apparently former Avs draft guru Rick Pracey really liked drafting from the OHL and WHL so they have a lot of prospects in there. Your boy Nickolet keeps people on HF updated on a lot of the WHL prospects.

Post subject: Re: 2014-15 WHL Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:40 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

We're riding high on a five game winning streak after an absolutely dreadful November and December. This streak is only good enough to pull us ahead of Lethbridge into 2nd last in the W, and we're still a full 9 points clear of 10th in the Conference, next up in the standings.

Our team just kind of got lost in the wilderness for a while. While we were there we we broke several limbs falling down a gulley and were partially eaten by bears. This run is either us putting up one last pushback before death or it's the start of something special.

Since something special will require us to put up a .700 record or greater down the stretch just to get the last playoff spot I'm definitely okay with making plans for additional time off in late March/early April but hey if we start playing .500 or better hockey for the rest of the year I'll be happy.

Meanwhile, according to SportsClubStats, Kelowna is already guaranteed a playoff spot. With 25 games to play. Brandon gets in with another point I think.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb