(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Windsor-London series
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:47 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Sounds like an interesting one:

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/arti ... 083/161083
10 game suspension for "bullying"? WTF is "bullying" during a hockey game? He take his lunch money?

http://www.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?Hi ... 382&cid=fb
London goalie takes his stick to the back of a Windsor player's head. Goalie is a Flyers prospect, fwiw. How did he only get 2 minutes for that? Insane.

And
http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=447380
Windsor goalie quits after giving up 8 goals in less than 2 periods. Literally left the ice, changed into his clothes & left the arena mid-game. Team is down 3-0 in the series. But really dude? Quit and leave? Usual starter (backup in this game) was sick, which is why he wasn't starting. He came in & only gave up 2 goals. Maybe London took it easy on them? Seems not, with the above head-hunting shot. Unless the London goalie was just pissed he didn't score yet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:48 am 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

You can live stream any OHL game by going to the OHL site. It's $7.99 Cdn / game if you are so inclined. I follow the Soo Greyhounds. I go to 2 to 3 games in the Soo and maybe 1 or 2 when they play in Plymouth / Saginaw a year and live stream the ones too far away to go to that I'm interested in.

http://ohl.neulion.com/ohl/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:58 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

That goalie is a Flyers draft pick. Hextall is gonna LOVE this kid.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:36 pm 

Av-merican wrote:

In Jamie McLennan's book he talks about what a really nice guy Hextall is away from the ice and even to his backup (McLennan during their time with the Isles), but how he underwent a complete transformation once the pads were on for game time. But yes, Hextall will probably have a goalie-crush on this kid now.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:25 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

In Jamie McLennan's book he talks about what a really nice guy Hextall is away from the ice and even to his backup (McLennan during their time with the Isles), but how he underwent a complete transformation once the pads were on for game time. But yes, Hextall will probably have a goalie-crush on this kid now.

Met Hextall a couple of times when I was really young to get autographs. He was always friendly, for what it's worth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:32 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Chris18 wrote:
http://www.tsn.ca/chl/story/?id=447380
Windsor goalie quits after giving up 8 goals in less than 2 periods. Literally left the ice, changed into his clothes & left the arena mid-game. Team is down 3-0 in the series. But really dude? Quit and leave? Usual starter (backup in this game) was sick, which is why he wasn't starting. He came in & only gave up 2 goals.

Will say that there could be a lot of stuff going on other than the score to drive the goalie to snap. The coach interview I saw post game seemed like a guy all to happy to throw the kid under the bus which only contributes to my suspicion that more than the score is at play between the goalie and others.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:42 pm 

Huh. Didn't realize it was ex-Av Bob Boughner who is Windsor's coach. He's obviously none too pleased with that goalie. From what I've heard there's been a bit of tension between them for a while.

Josh Ho-Sang is supposed to be a pretty big deal in this year's draft. I'd like the Avs to get him just so I can see that name on the jersey.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:16 pm 

Stolarz gets 8 games. Bad timing on his part.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:21 pm 

Glad to see Stolarz get 8. That's a meaningful suspension, especially in the playoffs. Who is the OHL dean of discipline? He should organize a coup and kick Shana-sham out of office.

Ho-Sang is a great name. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:56 pm 

Looks like the league aren't such big Ho-Sang fans:
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhoc ... 23681.html

Canadian National Team are not either. Tough week kid.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:15 pm 

Chris18 wrote:

15 games for that? I'm usually on the give them more side of the fence on suspensions to find myself thinking it should only be 2 mins at most is pretty extreme in comparison to what he got.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:02 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

15 games for that? I'm usually on the give them more side of the fence on suspensions to find myself thinking it should only be 2 mins at most is pretty extreme in comparison to what he got.

Like I said, looks like the league aren't fans of his.