OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:21 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

saskhab wrote:
Islanders pick 15th

Thanks. That's obviously all I was really interested in . :lol: And I could have done without the later part of that sentence.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:04 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Jones, MacKinnon, and Drouin sign endorsement deals w/CCM-Reebok.

http://www.milehighhockey.com/2013/5/30 ... -and-jones

And *ahem* it's spelled "mother lode."

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:22 pm 

Oh God...here comes the posturing. Now Tallon is saying he'd be willing to move down. :roll: I call bullshit on that.

Draft can't get here soon enough.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:43 pm 
Big in Japan

Av-merican wrote:
And *ahem* it's spelled "mother lode."

Not when you're talking about Alex Semin.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:08 pm 

Valeri Nichushkin making it pretty clear the AHL won't be an option for anyone drafting him. Does that hurt his value any?

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:57 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Valeri Nichushkin making it pretty clear the AHL won't be an option for anyone drafting him. Does that hurt his value any?

He can't, his contract with Moscow Dynamo permits him to leave for the NHL but not the AHL. He's been playing in the 2nd best league in the world and doing really well, and if he was North American they'd be returning him to junior not the AHL so gotta figure he'll develop better in the KHL then he would junior even if it's not a North American sized rink. He may be a better pick then Drouin so I don't think anyone passes on him.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/05/31/nhl_draft_russians_valeri_nichushkin_aleksander_barkov_intriguing_alternatives_to_big_three.html

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:45 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

He can't, his contract with Moscow Dynamo permits him to leave for the NHL but not the AHL. He's been playing in the 2nd best league in the world and doing really well, and if he was North American they'd be returning him to junior not the AHL so gotta figure he'll develop better in the KHL then he would junior even if it's not a North American sized rink. He may be a better pick then Drouin so I don't think anyone passes on him.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/05/31/nhl_draft_russians_valeri_nichushkin_aleksander_barkov_intriguing_alternatives_to_big_three.html

Well, the KHL does pose certain health risks...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:12 pm 
Big in Japan

Gare Joyce on Twitter is saying scouts are questioning Seth Jones' hockey sense, his edge (or lack thereof) and his attitude.

Man, if you've got any doubts, I don't see how you can pass on Mac or JD. Why take the risk?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:33 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Gare Joyce on Twitter is saying scouts are questioning Seth Jones' hockey sense, his edge (or lack thereof) and his attitude.

Man, if you've got any doubts, I don't see how you can pass on Mac or JD. Why take the risk?

I've also heard that those very same scouts are just disappointed that he has the size and skillset of Chris Pronger, but not the meanstreak. I'm fine with him so long as he's not Jay Bouwmeester.

I've definitely got my doubts, but again, do the Avs really take MacKinnon or Drouin and just make do with a defense that isn't even remotely up to snuff? It would likely take trading either Duchene or O'Reilly along with a prospect to get the kind of d-man the Avs need. I suppose if you get NM one becomes expendable...but...hmmmmm.

I'd like to see the Avs trade down to 2 or 3 and still get Jones, hopefully snag another draft pick as compensation.

BTW, it was reported the Avs liked Barkov so much they requested another interview with him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:32 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Barkov would probably be the 'trade down, get Barkov + young d-man instead of Jones/MacKinnon' scenario.

To me it's not a debate who the best player in this draft is. It's MacKinnon, always has been, always will be. He's the best at #1 since the 2007-09 run of #1's. And he might just be a step above those three, although I really dig Tavares.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:20 pm 
Big in Japan

HF Mock, for all you crazy kids http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9 ... ock-draft/

1. Jones
2. Mac
3. KHLer
4. JD
5. Bark
6. Generic OHL forward
7. McNabb's nephew
8. Swede
9. Prairie boy
10. other Swede

Big Sammy Morin to the Habs. Bet he goes astonishingly early.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:16 am 

If the Bolts pass on Barkov AND Drouin, based on what I've heard about both, Yzerman should be sacked immediately.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:53 am 
Big in Japan

"If we do pick first, we're leaning more toward one of those three forwards (Mac, JD, Bark)." -Sakic

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_ ... -joe-sakic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 am 

E.L. wrote:
"If we do pick first, we're leaning more toward one of those three forwards (Mac, JD, Bark)." -Sakic

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_ ... -joe-sakic

I think this is (mostly) posturing directed right at Dale Tallon and/or Steve Yzerman.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:39 am 

Poile went on record to say he thought Colorado's position was an "unusual posture" and he thinks Jones is the best player available in the draft.

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2013/6/26 ... -nhl-draft

I'm hoping they get Drouin. Nashville needs a player like that.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:27 pm 

Just came from the local rink, which is owned by the Santini family. Steve Santini Jr is projected to go late 1st, early 2nd round. It's a party atmosphere at the rink (which has a bar upstairs). Pretty cool to see. His father played at U Maine.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:42 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Just came from the local rink, which is owned by the Santini family. Steve Santini Jr is projected to go late 1st, early 2nd round. It's a party atmosphere at the rink (which has a bar upstairs). Pretty cool to see. His father played at U Maine.

Awesome...and if he goes late first he'll likely be on a good team!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:58 am 

Av-merican wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Awesome...and if he goes late first he'll likely be on a good team!

That's what they're all hoping for. Well that or that he goes to the Rangers. :laugh:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4