OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:54 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Cut him some slack. He's almost got the 05-06 goalie profiles ready.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:00 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Av-merican wrote:
Dude! Get over your butt-hurt and start giving us Blades updates! I just read Duncan Siemens, yes CAPTAIN Duncan Siemens is off to a great start. These are two things I should be hearing from our resident Wheatfucker, not SB Nation. :x

lol. Well, I've been to two games so far. One was the home opener, which Siemens wasn't at. And now they're on their American tour.

The team is kind of boring to watch live now. Not like it was the last couple of years. They're winning, but doing so with little creativity or physical play. And they just traded away their best power forward, 20 year old Phoenix prospect Darian Dzyurzinski for picks to Brandon, likely getting some of the same picks back that they gave up for Brayden.

The entire defence is doing quite well. Siemens, Dietz (Montreal's pick), 2012 eligible Dalton Thrower, etc. The new Russian goalie, Ivan Makarov, has been very good.

And now they're hosting the 2013 Memorial Cup! That's a real good thing, because this franchise obviously can't earn their way to the tournament by winning the league championship.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:01 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

The Blades TOTALLY need to go back to these full time...even though I'm not quite sure what that symbol is, but I like it.

http://saskatoonblades.com/page/vs-leth ... v-5th-2011

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:55 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
The Blades TOTALLY need to go back to these full time...even though I'm not quite sure what that symbol is, but I like it.

http://saskatoonblades.com/page/vs-leth ... v-5th-2011

I've never known if it is supposed to represent a curved hockey blade or just the back third of a skate blade. Anyways, they're called the Pac-Man jerseys, and yes, they are the best they've ever had. A couple years ago they had an updated version of that era's dark jersey that was actually gold and not the yellow colour, and it was awesome. I went to buy the jersey at the start of the new season, and they had discontinued it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:14 am 

"Michael Garnett is following you on Twitter"

Uh, okay.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:29 am 

Went to the game that was broadcast nationally on Sportsnet tonight vs. the dreaded Kootenay Ice, the bastard team that ended our season last year. The Blades have recently bumped slick draft eligible centre (but chornically paired with stiff wingers) Ryan Olsen to the top line with Coyotes prospect Matej Stransky and Leafs prospect Josh Nicholls. What a great, great show that line put on. Stransky and Olsen can dangle, Nicholls has great anticipation and plays a straight forward kind of game...

Olsen played the best game I've ever seen him play. He even played tough, something we've never seen from him before, getting in a couple of tussels and one legit fight. He then scored a very pretty goal, creating his own breakaway and deking out that bastard Lieuwen who thwarted the Blades so badly last spring.

I've always held out hope for Olsen, but man... time was ticking on him. Red Line dropped him into the 200s for the draft when heading into the year he was seen as a potential first rounder. Finally Mollekon gives him the teammates he needs and he is shining.

Makarov was great in goal, got the shutout and it wasn't easy, as the Ice did put up a lot of pressure on their 5 PPs.

Perfect win. Glad this one was seen by people outside of my city.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:36 am 

saskhab wrote:
Perfect win. Glad this one was seen by people outside of my city.

No, not perfect because the Captain is still out with a concussion!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:09 pm 

Siemens is back!

:woop: :woop: :woop:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:48 am 

Fuck, this team hosts the Memorial Cup next year? What a joke.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:28 pm 

saskhab wrote:

Fuck, this team hosts the Memorial Cup next year? What a joke.

:chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot:

Holy shit, this year is going to be a disaster. Can't wait to see it all broadcast on Sportsnet!

First Siemens is stripped of the captaincy in training camp, given to Brendan Walker, who played for the fucking Wheat Kings until this year. Then the lockout happens, meaning the Blades, who weren't going to lose anyone to the NHL, are at a disadvantage because all the guys that would've jumped up are still around. Then Makarov predictably struggles in goal. Then Blades Hockey happens and the team struggles out of the gate, getting their ass handed to them in the home opener, the only game I'll attend. Now they're benching Dalton Thrower, the team's top defensemen, for 'playing his own way'. This is just the opening weeks of the season.

Fucking Lorne Mollkeon. He's been here since 2004. He oversaw the rises, the crashes, the busted big trades, the lack of ever drafting a legit offensive star, the clashing of egos with talented players... There's a lot of whispers coming from some of the team's billets that the players can't fucking stand the man... it's okay for teenage hockey players to hate their coach for a year or two, but we're talking guys that have been with the Blades for 3-4 years now and he's shitting on them. He promised big changes in the offseason to essentially weed out the pussies from the team (I'm paraphrasing), and there's no noticeable evidence that they made any good decisions.

It's a long season, but this team missing the playoffs in the year they're freaking hosting the Memorial Cup is a distinct possibility. It's enough of a clusterfuck that it could happen. They might need a galvanizing moment to experience as a team.... they're already united against the coach/GM, so it has to be something on the ice. Especially since Brodsky is not going to fire his GM/Coach this year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:30 pm 

10-1 loss to Swift Current after all this. This is amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:18 am 

I suppose I'll just hope this latest setback for Duncan is just growing pains and will make him that much better in the pros. Yeah, that's how I'll look at this.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:06 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
I suppose I'll just hope this latest setback for Duncan is just growing pains and will make him that much better in the pros. Yeah, that's how I'll look at this.

If you're looking at a pro prospect to compare him to, compare him to Colton Teubert but less crazy and more bitter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:41 pm 

saskhab wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

If you're looking at a pro prospect to compare him to, compare him to Colton Teubert but less crazy and more bitter.

Hmmmm...

Oh well, even if he doesn't pan out, least we got Landy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 am 

Thrower scratched again, because that worked out so well the first time. Blades lose 4-1 to Oil Kings.