OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2014 Olympics Watch
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:32 am 

Av-merican wrote:
I'm trying to help out CiB since he's stuck in Palm Springs with no way to watch the Gold Medal game. He has iTunes Canada which I guess doesn't allow you to download the NBC Olympics app, and so he was hoping I could email him the app from my machine once I synced my device with iTunes. But I can't find any sort of .exe file to send him on my computer. Anyone know if this is even possible?

On a side note, I had to uninstall/reinstall iTunes since I realized for the past few months now my desktop and iPhone weren't syncing. So I have Graham to thank for inadvertently pointing that out to me.

On another side note, iTunes can kiss my ass.

I'd suggest deleting iTunes and re-installing but create an American account. And yes iTunes does suck badly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:38 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Sucks balls that NBC is so frakking Yank-centric they won't dare air hockey that doesn't feature the Americans. As if the Americans offered up the most entertaining hockey to begin with.

If anything, the lack of real American dominance helped NBC's coverage as they had no choice but to focus on other competitors. You'd think they'd still air the hockey final on the main network (I guess it's gonna be on NBCSN which of course his hotel doesn't carry) since all those "foreign" competitors are well known to American hockey fans. It's not like you have to take the time to explain who these people are.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:10 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Perhaps Sundin forgets the reaction to his team's own heartless, passionless failure:

http://www.canoe.ca/2002GamesHockeyFeb0 ... e-sun.html

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:30 am 

I think all things considered none of us should be surprised at the current top-four finish. I really thought USA Hockey was on the verge of making some real inroads toward being a supreme hockey power (never above Canada, mind you, but a clear-cut #2) about a decade ago...but it's still an inferior pool of talent that relies on goaltending to possibly win gold.

The only real surprise in this one was Slovenia completely humiliating the Austrians. Slovakia's failure was pretty shocking as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:50 am 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Av-merican wrote:
I think all things considered none of us should be surprised at the current top-four finish. I really thought USA Hockey was on the verge of making some real inroads toward being a supreme hockey power (never above Canada, mind you, but a clear-cut #2) about a decade ago...but it's still an inferior pool of talent that relies on goaltending to possibly win gold.

The only real surprise in this one was Slovenia completely humiliating the Austrians. Slovakia's failure was pretty shocking as well.

Austrians were hung over... as for the USA - I think it's good to suffer a little adversity early in these tournaments - steels you to weather setbacks later. 3rd period of the Finland game surprised me - thought they would take a cue from the woman's game and just give 'er hard right to the end.

Personally I blame Burkie's lack of a good hair cut. Clearly a distraction on and off the ice. :colbert:

Last edited by Captain Chaos on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 am 

Av-merican wrote:

Don't think too much can be made out of a one game format such as the Olympics. Hockey is too random, too many bounces. At the junior level, hockey USA is stronger than ever. I think that's a better indicator than anything else. We'll have a better idea over the next decade if the World Cup returns.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:53 am 
OTP Historian

Toews is playing amazing right now.

Nyquist, wait until you get back before pulling those moves :shock:

Oh hey look who was flying around and dangerous after not getting a shift in the semis. Marty St. Fucking Louis.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:22 am 

So Yzerman can actually smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:24 am 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Great game! :viking:

3-0 Canada!

Would have been much closer if Sweden would have been able to ice their best - but that's the nature of the Olympics you go with what you got.

I wonder if I can steal another hour of sleep before the day starts...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:48 am 
OTP Historian

Oh fuck yeah :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:27 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP :Butch:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:41 pm 

wow, Backstrom tests positive. Now that I've got the sensationalism out of the way apparently it's to a allergy medication he's taken for 7 years that's why he was scratched today. No mention of it yet but will this affect their win over Finland and will they lose the silver?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444510

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:13 pm 

From Canucks Army

The Numbers

Scoring chances for the tournament: 139-47.

Shots on goal for the tournament: 241 for, 129 against.

Goal differential for the tournament: 19 for, 3 against.

Number of seconds spent trailing: 0.

Team Canada is good at hockey.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:23 am 

We sucked BALLS on ice this year. The hockey failure was bad enough, but not one, single solitary speedskating medal!? Not ONE!?!?

I don't ever give a shit about medal counts, but that's just plain unacceptable. And I don't think it was just because of the ribbed Under Armour suits, but UA wasted a whole lot of money for bad PR.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:24 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Av-merican wrote:
We sucked BALLS on ice this year. The hockey failure was bad enough, but not one, single solitary speedskating medal!? Not ONE!?!?

I don't ever give a shit about medal counts, but that's just plain unacceptable. And I don't think it was just because of the ribbed Under Armour suits, but UA wasted a whole lot of money for bad PR.

Was it bad PR, or a bad product? Big difference.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:17 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

If the suit sucked, why on earth were they using it in the Olympics in the first place? Are they telling us that the Olympics were the first competition that they decided to use the suits? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:31 am 
King of the One-Liner

Chris18 wrote:

Well could just be some good PR by the skate teams.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:10 am 

Chris18 wrote:

Hard to say. I find it hard to believe a spandex/lycra suit can really make that much of a difference one way or the other, despite the complaints from the Americans, but I still find it even harder to believe not a single, solitary American speedskater failed to medal. Not ONE, short track or long track, solo or relay.

And BTW, before anyone mentions it, I realize hockey wasn't a complete failure for the Americans...I was just trying to block that women's final game from my memory. That was more heartbreaking than the men's failure was frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:10 am 
OTP Historian

Just saw this on Lou's twitter feed :lol:

Quote:
I don't feel so bad anymore.......

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:13 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Sportsmanship

http://globalnews.ca/news/1167892/canad ... tsmanship/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 503 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next