OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:36 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10330
Location: 'Real City
Pretty stoked about this year's edition in Slovakia because Great Freakin' Britain are in it! A hockey tournament with England and France in it, sure why not?

This comes after British born and trained F Liam Kirk was picked by the Yotes in the draft last year.

Also stoked to see French forward Guillaume Leclerc. Trained in the NAHL/USHL, he went to UMass-Lowell for a cup of coffee then returned to France. Won MVP of the league his first full year back at 22 years old.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:23 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 21094
Goddammit...having the UK and Italy in this could've made for some epic frickin' jerseys...and they opt for those idiotic bird wing-patterned monstrosities. The crests on the front are pretty awesome though.

I kinda wish more teams would stop putting the country's name on the front. Just go with a logo like the Czechs and Slovaks. What, like we won't know who you are?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:36 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 7267
Pokecheque wrote:
Goddammit...having the UK and Italy in this could've made for some epic frickin' jerseys...and they opt for those idiotic bird wing-patterned monstrosities. The crests on the front are pretty awesome though.

I kinda wish more teams would stop putting the country's name on the front. Just go with a logo like the Czechs and Slovaks. What, like we won't know who you are?


I feel like the old European countries should use some old Medieval crest. And newer countries should make one up. :lol:

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:03 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10330
Location: 'Real City
Chris18 wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
Goddammit...having the UK and Italy in this could've made for some epic frickin' jerseys...and they opt for those idiotic bird wing-patterned monstrosities. The crests on the front are pretty awesome though.

I kinda wish more teams would stop putting the country's name on the front. Just go with a logo like the Czechs and Slovaks. What, like we won't know who you are?


I feel like the old European countries should use some old Medieval crest. And newer countries should make one up. :lol:


The Brits should be forced to play in chain mail.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:38 pm 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 7267
E.L. wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
Goddammit...having the UK and Italy in this could've made for some epic frickin' jerseys...and they opt for those idiotic bird wing-patterned monstrosities. The crests on the front are pretty awesome though.

I kinda wish more teams would stop putting the country's name on the front. Just go with a logo like the Czechs and Slovaks. What, like we won't know who you are?


I feel like the old European countries should use some old Medieval crest. And newer countries should make one up. :lol:


The Brits should be forced to play in chain mail.


That would be awesome! :viking:

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:31 am 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 7267
Women's World Cup couldn't have a crazier ending. Finland scores in OT and celebrates like crazy. 12 minute long review concludes with a goalie interference call- no goal. Goes to SO and the US wins. I'm sure there are conspiracy theories flying around. Hell of a game though. Kind of glad to see someone besides the US or Canada in the Finals. Even if they lost.

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 3:56 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10330
Location: 'Real City
Rosters: https://www.nhl.com/news/2019-world-cha ... -307246548

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:30 am 
Offline
King of Men
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:26 pm
Posts: 6197
Location: Left Field
Ready for this!

_________________
The mountain of truth has many levels and everyone likes to think they are at the top.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:02 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10330
Location: 'Real City
Always weird to enter a hockey tournament with Canada not looking like much of a threat. A lot of their stars stayed home, while Russia and the United States look well built.

A depleted Finnish team without stars took care of Canada today.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:57 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10330
Location: 'Real City
One fun thing about this year's tourney is 2019 draft eligible players Kaapo Kakko and Jack Hughes are here. Feel like you can't go wrong with either because they're both NHL ready, but good gravy Kakko looks like a beast out there. Can't believe he's only 18.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:44 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9590
E.L. wrote:
One fun thing about this year's tourney is 2019 draft eligible players Kaapo Kakko and Jack Hughes are here. Feel like you can't go wrong with either because they're both NHL ready, but good gravy Kakko looks like a beast out there. Can't believe he's only 18.


That goal he scored while he was basically getting can-openered was insane.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:24 am 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10330
Location: 'Real City
The Kakko-led no-NHLer Finns win the gold pretty handily. Good for them.

The Germans have become a sorta impressive lower-level hockey nation. Lean Bergman (SJ) and Leon Gawanke (Wpg) could be in the show next season.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 11:29 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9590
Mantha with a massive tournament, which is actually(surprisingly?) a pretty decent indicator of future NHL steps forward.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IIHF WC 2019
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:04 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10330
Location: 'Real City
Bosc wrote:
Mantha with a massive tournament, which is actually(surprisingly?) a pretty decent indicator of future NHL steps forward.


He'll score 40 at one point, he's just a hot streak and good health away from hitting it. Maybe not a complete player, but he can score.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group