OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:19 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 25254.html

Annual "Guns & Hoses" charity game turns into a bench clearing brawl. Apparently the crowd cheered a lot more for the brawl than for any of the 13 goals scored, including chanting "_D sucks" (opposing chants of PD sucks vs FD sucks).

Charity game... So that's awesome. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:09 am 
King of Men

Hockey is an emotional/physical sport.....anytime you put that amount of beef and testosterone together in an intensely physical contest there are issues....Personally I enjoyed the kids and their chanting in the background. Until we have emasculated every last man on the face of the earth this will continue to be. Let those less sophisticated than the mainstream have their fun!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:32 am 
OTP Clown

harmfuljays wrote:
Hockey is an emotional/physical sport.....anytime you put that amount of beef and testosterone together in an intensely physical contest there are issues....Personally I enjoyed the kids and their chanting in the background. Until we have emasculated every last man on the face of the earth this will continue to be. Let those less sophisticated than the mainstream have their fun!

yes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:30 am 
King of the One-Liner

Interesting I've been told by a local PD pal that the hockey games they play with the FD guys can often be tense as they come into it already competitive with each other. Stood out for me because I had no idea that the FF and PD had a professional rivalry with each other. Guess this is more proof he was right and it was not a local thing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:04 am 

Jay I still play. I completely understand how the game can be emotional & physical. I just think a charity game is not the time/place for a bench clearing brawl.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:12 pm 
King of Men

Well ok, I think its f'n awesome! The irony of serving and protecting jokers in front of their subjects whomping on each other with complete lack of restraint can't be beat! :wookie:

Cops Vs Firemen! Its already a tightly wound bunch without an ice surface.....throw in a contact sport......BOOM! CONFLAGRATION!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:34 pm 

I can only hope that if I ever have the cops called on me, one of these guys responds so I can say "I know you've taken the law into your own fists. Here's the video! Now let me go." :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:04 pm 

I like that the goalies skate out to centre ice, touch gloves, smack pads and then kick back and chat about it all like a couple of tourists.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:26 am 

Fogghorn wrote:
I like that the goalies skate out to centre ice, touch gloves, smack pads and then kick back and chat about it all like a couple of tourists.

imo, that's what should have happened. If 2 guys get into it, so be it. But for the benches to clear was asinine.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:50 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

I've know for ages that the police and fire fighters have a healthy dislike for one another. I have no idea why. It looks like, from the blog post below, that they usually have no idea as to why either. As for the New York fire and police contingent, I guess this puts an end to the 9/11 truce between the two departments.

http://my.firefighternation.com/profiles/blogs/firefighters-vs-cops-the-epic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:59 pm 

RW wrote:
I've know for ages that the police and fire fighters have a healthy dislike for one another. I have no idea why. It looks like, from the blog post below, that they usually have no idea as to why either. As for the New York fire and police contingent, I guess this puts an end to the 9/11 truce between the two departments.

http://my.firefighternation.com/profiles/blogs/firefighters-vs-cops-the-epic

It's like the Aussie and Canadian troops during WWI and WWII always hating on each other, always looking to scrap with each other and nobody has a clue as to why. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:02 pm 

My theory on cops vs firemen is it's all over tax $ & media attention. Both feel they have the more dangerous job but the other gets more positive press.

Both offices have said there won't be any discipline. There shouldn't be. As dumb & embarrassing as it was, it was a hockey game and nobody got hurt.