OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Making Cup replica
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:38 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

So I'm making a Stanley Cup replica out of broken sticks. Something like this dude has about 3/4 down the page: http://chairbuilt.com/other_products
Yes, I feel bad copying a handicapped dude, but $350 ain't happening, and I'm giving it to the rink to use as the adult league championship trophy.

So my question to you guys is- the barrel section is pretty large & empty. Was thinking of filling it with some self expanding foam and putting hockey related objects in it. Tape ball, broken lace... Any other ideas? Was going to put an old cup, but don't think I have any, and I'm sure as hell not asking anyone else for theirs. :lol: Was trying to think of a jynx item.

Going to duct tape the inside of the sticks together, to help hold them together, to keep anyone from being able to see inside it, and to hold the foam from squirting out. I hate dealing with that shit, but think it'd be pretty funny to put some stuff inside.

Trying to make it as close to the real Cup size as possible.
Barrel is 18.25" high by 13.625" wide.
Should be interesting, fun and a royal pain in the ass.