OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:27 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Heading to a tourny in Kingston this weekend with what is mostly twenty something year olds and the thought of it is making me tired already. Does that make me a chaperon? Maybe I should put this in the Rootbeer hockey thread...

:lol: Nice. Family coming?

Go eat at Royal Angkor. It's fucking amazing.

Also eat at Dennys and Arbys. I have lots of experience and good things to say about the Kingston Dennys and Arbys.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:05 am 
King of the One-Liner

No family coming, just guys.

Maybe some Thai fans in the crowd will ask, that said with games Fri and Saturday shortly after Diner not sure i will be eating Thai. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:09 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
No family coming, just guys.

Maybe some Thai fans in the crowd will ask, that said with games Fri and Saturday shortly after Diner not sure i will be eating Thai. ;)

Who said that you can't eat it for lunch!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:15 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Won the Tourny but my old out of shape body is beat up. Six games in three days and three today alone with two nights of restless hotel sleep...ughhhh. Nothing like a 3 1/2 hr car ride with a sore back and neck.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:33 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Hounsy wrote:
Won the Tourny but my old out of shape body is beat up. Six games in three days and three today alone with two nights of restless hotel sleep...ughhhh. Nothing like a 3 1/2 hr car ride with a sore back and neck.

But if you won it's not supposed to hurt! :)

Well done. Congrats!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:41 am 
OTP Historian

Well done! Congrats! 6 games in 3 days...nuts. I remember a few years ago where I played a stretch of 9 in 7 days including a tourney where we had like 9 guys I think. Only a couple of those games might have been in net, though. At the end, I just didn't want to play hockey for a bit.

Did you get to Royal Angkor? What spots did you hit?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:18 am 
King of the One-Liner

Bosc wrote:
Well done! Congrats! 6 games in 3 days...nuts. I remember a few years ago where I played a stretch of 9 in 7 days including a tourney where we had like 9 guys I think. Only a couple of those games might have been in net, though. At the end, I just didn't want to play hockey for a bit.

Haha I hit very little, one other player over 40 and the rest where thirty and under they "hit" lots of places and where going till 4:00 AM both nights. I went a couple hundred meters from the hotel to the Merchant Tap house a few times for food and beers then otherwise ate Subway in the room and watched golf between the games. Was interested in the Curry place next door but did not find any takes as they went Italian.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:23 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Haha I hit very little, one other player over 40 and the rest where thirty and under they "hit" lots of places and where going till 4:00 AM both nights. I went a couple hundred meters from the hotel to the Merchant Tap house a few times for food and beers then otherwise ate Subway in the room and watched golf between the games. Was interested in the Curry place next door but did not find any takes as they went Italian.

When I said "hit", I didn't mean clubs or going out...just mean food/pubs :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:59 pm 
OTP Historian

Won the Thursday night and then beat the Friday night winner handily. Clear difference in the quality of the two divisions. Played forward for the last two games and scored 3 goals :lol:

Summer league starts tonight. Love summer hockey. Love walking into the cold rink in shorts and walking out into the warm weather.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:57 am 
King of the One-Liner

Bosc wrote:
Summer league starts tonight. Love summer hockey. Love walking into the cold rink in shorts and walking out into the warm weather.

Funny you say that I feel the same way, and the parking lot beer after is more pleasant.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:24 am 

I always thought having the guy who makes the league schedule on my team would be beneficial. Unfortunately he's single, and sees nothing wrong with scheduling a playoff game on Mothers' Day. :doh:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:58 pm 

Team won our whopping 2nd game of the season, with 5 regulars & 10 subs. I called for a mass waiving of the other regulars. I am not popular. But I can always stand on honesty.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:45 pm 
King of the One-Liner

New skates coming today and will use them tonight. Funny, used to be jazzed for getting new gear now I dread it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:47 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
New skates coming today and will use them tonight. Funny, used to be jazzed for getting new gear now I dread it.

Cranky old man doesn't like change?

My younger brother got all new pads and gloves about 3 years back. He still doesn't use his new trapper.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:14 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Well I know how to move pretty well in my current skates, can only hope that is true with the new ones.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:31 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Well I know how to move pretty well in my current skates, can only hope that is true with the new ones.

How come you replaced them?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:06 pm 
King of the One-Liner

they will not survive the season so better to bite the bullet now two months out till my first tournament.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:50 pm 

Hounsy wrote:

I hear you. I had my old skates for 16 years. They were like old friends, smelling almost as badly as most of my old friends. I keep tying my new skates too tight. Hate them, even though they're far more comfy than the old ones (when not tied with a torque wrench).

Good luck. We're getting old & cranky.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:18 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
they will not survive the season so better to bite the bullet now two months out till my first tournament.

Makes sense. I've seen forwads/defense with grafs who just keep on replacing the cowling and blades rather than getting new skates.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:31 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Funny enough the Cowlings where pretty good it was parts of the boot that are falling apart.

New goal skates are light and have much less cowling now as the inner boot part is gone now. I don't have any Bill Ranford style kick saves in my game but if I did it would be a risky venture with new goal skates.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 22  Next