OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:57 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Well not every team has a #69, but when there is a 69, he's always an asshole. Our team currently gives all the jerseys back to our goalie (who paid for them). Whoever fucked up the worst in the previous game gets #69 as their punishment. :lol:

:lol: Nice way of doing it.

Our Thursday night team folded up so it's off to the 35+ league for me and a couple of other guys. Gotta ask for the sweaters back from a bunch of the guys on the team. Hopefully nobody has an issue with it, they were bought for our team by my in-law's company.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:58 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Well not every team has a #69, but when there is a 69, he's always an asshole. Our team currently gives all the jerseys back to our goalie (who paid for them). Whoever fucked up the worst in the previous game gets #69 as their punishment. :lol:

Our Thursday night team folded up so it's off to the 35+ league for me and a couple of other guys. Gotta ask for the sweaters back from a bunch of the guys on the team. Hopefully nobody has an issue with it, they were bought for our team by my in-law's company.

I didn't realize you were over 35. I still think of you as pretty fresh out of uni. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:59 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Jeff, you're not 35 are you?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:02 am 
OTP Historian

Yessirs, 35 now. Same company for 11 years, married, 2 kids...

I wasn't feeling like I was getting old in my early 30's but when the clock hit 35, it felt different.

Scott, beer soon, man?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:06 am 

Bosc wrote:

I wasn't feeling like I was getting old in my early 30's but when the clock hit 35, it felt different.

Scott, beer soon, man?

Holy crap Jeff, I thought you were about 30, mind you I will be turning 50 next year so I guess time has really flown by.

Yes we could definitely have a beer soon. So you will be playing in my league next year with us old men. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:40 am 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Scott, beer soon, man?

Holy crap Jeff, I thought you were about 30, mind you I will be turning 50 next year so I guess time has really flown by.

Yes we could definitely have a beer soon. So you will be playing in my league next year with us old men. :lol:

Yeah buddy, your surprise 40th doesn't seem that long ago, does it?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:40 am 

Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Scott, beer soon, man?

Honestly seems like yesterday and now 50 next year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:08 am 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:
Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Scott, beer soon, man?

Honestly seems like yesterday and now 50 next year.

Want to PM me a cell or email I can reach you at? Probably check those more often than here?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:04 pm 

My team was so short on players, Miss18.1 played with us. She's 15. Most guys caught on that she was not only my kid, but under aged for the league. Very fun to play along side her, and it made me hustle like a mofo. :lol: But then some dickhead absolutely blasted a slap shot at her knee. I literally had time to yell "do NOT fucking shoot! Go around. you DICK!" But I couldn't do much to him, since she shouldn't be playing with us. She's got a huge bruise, but is fine. But next time we play, that asshole is going to get a shot in the nuts. Mostly because after he nailed her, he didn't even apologize. It's beer league. You nail someone with a slap shot and you apologize. Not grovel, but just a "sorry about that. you okay?" at the next faceoff or whenever. Dick didn't. So fuck him.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:37 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
My team was so short on players, Miss18.1 played with us. She's 15. Most guys caught on that she was not only my kid, but under aged for the league. Very fun to play along side her, and it made me hustle like a mofo. :lol: But then some dickhead absolutely blasted a slap shot at her knee. I literally had time to yell "do NOT fucking shoot! Go around. you DICK!" But I couldn't do much to him, since she shouldn't be playing with us. She's got a huge bruise, but is fine. But next time we play, that asshole is going to get a shot in the nuts. Mostly because after he nailed her, he didn't even apologize. It's beer league. You nail someone with a slap shot and you apologize. Not grovel, but just a "sorry about that. you okay?" at the next faceoff or whenever. Dick didn't. So fuck him.

Fuck, that's brutal.

Played net in an 11-10 game recently...on the losing side. It was a crazy game where they scored the winner with about 4 seconds to go. Don't know if I've ever seen that many shots from below the hash marks in my life. Followed up the next week with a 5-4 loss that was stupid bounce after stupid bounce. Frustrating as hell. Won 5-0 last week against my brother's team short-manned, but still felt good after those 2 previous games.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:18 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Around here only the most competitive men's league and tournaments even allow for slap shots due to the injury risk.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:44 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Around here only the most competitive men's league and tournaments even allow for slap shots due to the injury risk.

Most people are smart about it and only wind up if they have the space or if there isn't someone close to them. She was like 15' away and there was a crowd in front. He had a guy open on the wing he could have passed to (not MY wing! :lol: ). So I was pissed because he had other plays, but mainly because he never said anything to her. I've been locked in nasty battles with people, wondering WHY when it's beer league. But if you knock someone down, unless they've cheap shotted you first, you say sorry and/or see if they're alright. Then, at the next faceoff, after the game... Whenever. This dick is like 35 and still thinks he's Howe's gift to hockey. He's pretty good for C level beer league... :lol: But I think he's waiting for the Isles to call him. So double fuck him for being a dick while an Isles fan. And yes buddy, you should really stop wearing #79! That just proves what a tool you are. Going Yashin is possibly worse than wearing 69.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:13 am 
OTP Historian

Guy chirps mens leaguers for wearing shoulder pads, Biznasty rips into him for chirping guys who just want to protect themselves.

https://twitter.com/BizNasty2point0/sta ... 2495928320

Guy deletes tweet.

https://twitter.com/BizNasty2point0/sta ... 1110483968

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:32 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Guy chirps mens leaguers for wearing shoulder pads, Biznasty rips into him for chirping guys who just want to protect themselves.

Guy deletes tweet.

Glad to see Bissonette take the right side. I always thought he was a big of a meathead (kind of proves it when he says he'd challenge the guy to a fight for chirping him :lol: ), but I'm glad he wrote this.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:21 am 
King of Men

Bosc wrote:

Guy deletes tweet.

This whole exchange is hilarious......I was this hack try hard when I tried to play back in my 20's...must have been too much Don Cherry's Rock em sock em or Cam and Gary emulation. In my 30's I realized I couldn't skate no matter how many classes I took and the idiotic ice time was never appealing to me. In my 40's I just sit back and laugh at all of these folks still trying to compete with each other. I can totally understand the fear of playing with guys that just don't get it because I've been that guy. As that lady states every guy is playing like its game 7 of the Stanley Cup final.....terrifying.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:56 am 
OTP Historian

I've been subbing in for the past month playing a regular shinny game in net as well as playing out in my normal league. I'd love to be able to play out and in net one night each a week again, but I don't know that I can swing it with my wife...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:41 am 

Bosc wrote:
I've been subbing in for the past month playing a regular shinny game in net as well as playing out in my normal league. I'd love to be able to play out and in net one night each a week again, but I don't know that I can swing it with my wife...

Good luck with that!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:30 am 
King of the One-Liner

I play one game a week and one regular hour group plus two local tournaments a year. Hey if you went to the Gym three times a week would it seem as bad? same end result more or less.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:52 am 

Played my first beer league game in 8 months last night. Can you believe some fucker shrunk my hockey pants? Unbelievable.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:11 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
I play one game a week and one regular hour group plus two local tournaments a year. Hey if you went to the Gym three times a week would it seem as bad? same end result more or less.

The problem is that my wife knows damn well I'm not going to the gym 3 times a week :lol:

Chris18 wrote:
Played my first beer league game in 8 months last night. Can you believe some fucker shrunk my hockey pants? Unbelievable.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next