OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:17 am 
OTP Historian

So we ended up in last place on the season. Playoffs were 1-6, 2-5, 3-4 for 2 games each. First team to 3 points wins. Tiebreaker for the "wild card" was regular season record. We tied the first game against the first place team, and then beat them in the second game. We ended up being the third seed and then beat the 2nd seed(3rd place regular season) 4-3 last night to make it into the Finals. Had a great game, including a glove save on the leading scorer wide open in the slot with less than a minute to go to keep the lead.

Also played the 2nd game for the 2nd place team and won, then played again for them last night to beat the 1st place team for their team to make it into the Finals against us :P

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:52 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
So we ended up in last place on the season. Playoffs were 1-6, 2-5, 3-4 for 2 games each. First team to 3 points wins. Tiebreaker for the "wild card" was regular season record. We tied the first game against the first place team, and then beat them in the second game. We ended up being the third seed and then beat the 2nd seed(3rd place regular season) 4-3 last night to make it into the Finals. Had a great game, including a glove save on the leading scorer wide open in the slot with less than a minute to go to keep the lead.

Also played the 2nd game for the 2nd place team and won, then played again for them last night to beat the 1st place team for their team to make it into the Finals against us :P

:rock:

We didn't defend our championship too well. Lost in the first round to a so-so team 4-2. not only did I take a dumb retaliation penalty (they scored GWG on PP :fffffuck: ), but I missed at least 4 legit scoring chances. Although most guys on my team & a few on theirs say I scored to make it 4-3 with 40 seconds to go. Ref must know me too well- said it hit the post. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:20 pm 
OTP Historian

Lost the championship 5-4. :chris18: 2 early goals, 3 late goals :? Turns out the first shouldn't have counted. It was a shot from about 10 feet out that hammered off of my cage and popped right onto a guys stick to the right. I forgot at the time that they blew the play down after a goalie gets hits in the mask, and they didn't there. They actually didn't the game before too. I don't care about that rule, but if they're gonna call it, call it. They called it for the other goalie the previous game.

Played pretty well, couple of weird goals though that I'd love to have back :x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:16 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Just traded my Tuesday at 11:00pm ice for Monday at 9:15!

Though it is an admission of my old age that this makes me happy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:56 am 
OTP Historian

First game playing out since April, using the new skates for the first time after I bought them in May. I was rusty and kind of out of shape. Skates felt good and nothing was digging into my feet anywhere but had them too tight and the rocker is different making transitions from forwards to backwards and vice versa somewhat wonky. Won 8-5 and made some decent plays with the puck and some mistakes without it.

My older brother is now our goalie after my younger had twins and is working evenings. I skated over after they got the 5th goal and said "Hey! I wasn't on the ice or in the box for that one!".

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:20 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Nice, you guys beat your nemesis ivy arms.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:37 pm 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:

Yup, beat them the first week 5-3.

Are you playing again on Mondays? Rob said you started a new job? How's it going?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:13 pm 

Bosc wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:

Yup, beat them the first week 5-3.

Are you playing again on Mondays? Rob said you started a new job? How's it going?

The job started back in January, it's ok, i'm doing what i did 15 years ago. Yes Rob and I are back on the same team on Monday nights. Last Monday was cancelled due to thanksgiving. :x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:06 pm 
King of the One-Liner

My league kicks off tonight at 8:00. Late start this year but kinda nice having the rust worked off in pickup ice before the real games start as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:38 am 
OTP Historian

We had 7 guys on Thursday missing, according to the website, 7 out of our top 8 point scorers. I went in net since my bro couldn't make it and no other goalies could play.

We beat Ivy Arms, the team with a few guys who played minor pro in Europe, 8-6. They were really only missing 1 of their good guys. It was awesome :lol: I robbed their best player a bunch of times and he didn't get a single goal on me, as far as I know. He set up like 4 of theirs, but whatever :P

My 2 games in net this winter have both been really good ones. 3-2 win against the 3rd place team, a really close one, and this one.

We're in first place and haven't lost yet. We always lose right before Christmas against a team we probably shouldn't lose to. This year we went down 3-0 in that game but ended up coming back and winning it. Then we won this past game too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:48 pm 

Nice one Jeff! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 am 

Nice Jeff. My new season starts next week.

Do beer leagues all over play like 10 games then have playoffs? That's what our local league is. So it's like a 3 month season, year round.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:58 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:

Do beer leagues all over play like 10 games then have playoffs? That's what our local league is. So it's like a 3 month season, year round.

Not sure but here the winter league runs from end of Sept/beginning of Oct until March or early April. Summer typically goes start of May to end of Aug/beginning of Sept.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Not sure but here the winter league runs from end of Sept/beginning of Oct until March or early April. Summer typically goes start of May to end of Aug/beginning of Sept.

I like a long season like that, but apparently people around here wouldn't commit to it. They tried it one winter like 10 years ago & went back to the short seasons. Guess it also allows for more teams to win & keep folks interested. If your team sucks I guess it's more likely people walk away during a longer season.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 am 
King of the One-Liner

The leagues around me I am aware of are three seasons long and then some have a summer league.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:20 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
The leagues around me I am aware of are three seasons long and then some have a summer league.

Whoa.

I guess NYers really are impatient. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:12 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Just checked we have a 31 game regular season and 6-7 playoff games.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:10 am 

Hounsy wrote:

Nice. We do 10 game regular season, with 1 guaranteed playoff game. Most of the leagues are mini-divisions, with only 4-6 teams. Single elimination early rounds, 2 game series with a "mini" third game for the finals if necessary. Mini-game is like an OT period of 10 minutes & goes to shootout if tied at the end. Never gone to that. When we've won we did it in 2 games.

They tried a 20 game season with 3 game series for all playoff rounds. I thought it was great, but that's probably because I won the championship for my team in double OT of game 3. Well placed one timer using the D-man as a screen. Ah, the glory days of beer league hockey... :roll:

We've got A, B, B2, C, C2, & D. Sometimes there's an A2 also, when the college kids are home.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:35 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:

Nice, long season! We've got around 24 regular season I think, and playoffs can go 4-6 or 7 games I think.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:43 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
We've got A, B, B2, C, C2, & D. Sometimes there's an A2 also, when the college kids are home.

Cool. If the College kids are home and it's A2, that's gotta be a killer A league. We've got A and B in Milton, but we're tops in the A division and we don't have anyone who played any pro or NCAA. We've got a part time guy who played junior A, a bunch of guys in their mid-20's who played rep. We've got a couple of guys over 35 who played some Junior A/B and one who played for Windsor U(in his own words, he said "if by play you mean I was sent on the ice with 5 minutes left when we were up 6-1 and we won 6-5, then yeah I played" :lol: ). There are a couple of guys in the league who played minor pro in Europe who are on the team we beat with 7 guys, and 1 guy who played 4 years in the OHL, 4 years at U of Ottawa and some minor pro.

Not sure how other leagues around the area are, but the league in Georgetown my older bro used to play in had a who slew of guys who played Junior, NCAA, minor pro and some guys who spent time in the NHL and AHL. That was a really good league.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next