OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:47 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Funny enough the Cowlings where pretty good it was parts of the boot that are falling apart.

New goal skates are light and have much less cowling now as the inner boot part is gone now. I don't have any Bill Ranford style kick saves in my game but if I did it would be a risky venture with new goal skates.

Wouldn't make a difference for a Ranford kick save like this :lol: I think this is one of my favorite goalie pictures of all time.

You're right about the traditional classic kick save

I'm guessing that I would notice a difference in the new skates vs. my 9-year old Tacks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:09 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

In that first picture Ranford looks like he's balancing the puck and daring it to move. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:05 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Ah the Crane kick save. He must have an injured leg in that picture.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:53 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Cobra Kai must've tried to sweep the leg earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:58 pm 
OTP Historian

Got shoved from behind last night and buried my face in the dasher. Wearing a cage, thankfully.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:39 pm 

Played in a fund raiser game for my kids' organization. Skating in hard to forecheck and I started choking on something. A molar crown I'd gotten like 3 years ago split in half. I spit it out at the whistle, of course dropped it, and had to search the ice for a white tooth... Good times. Handed it to my older kid, who has lost 2 teeth during games (regular baby teeth falling out), and she yelled "after like 30 years you're finally a real hockey player!" :lol: Off to the dentist to hopefully get it glued on. Having an exposed nerve during the rest of the game was fun. Deep breaths in cold air... Yay.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:34 am 
King of the One-Liner

Nasty groin pull last night, think it is the first time I knew instantly my night was over. Shut down for March and hope to be able to play a tourney in four weeks and league playoffs in April but pretty concerned this morning that is even going to happen. Dis-settling how at 45 now these kind of things not only suck but they have an ominous end is nigh undertone in the back of my head.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:07 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Nasty groin pull last night, think it is the first time I knew instantly my night was over. Shut down for March and hope to be able to play a tourney in four weeks and league playoffs in April but pretty concerned this morning that is even going to happen. Dis-settling how at 45 now these kind of things not only suck but they have an ominous end is nigh undertone in the back of my head.

Bummer man. Feel better.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:03 pm 
King of the One-Liner

At some point I am going to have to transition to playing out. Few years away but no doubt I will end up there.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:04 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
At some point I am going to have to transition to playing out. Few years away but no doubt I will end up there.

Coaching. Way less stress on the body. Just the heart & brain. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:24 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Just notified my league that I will not be in a position to play in the league this coming season. Really the first time I have faced up to not playing for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:29 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Just notified my league that I will not be in a position to play in the league this coming season. Really the first time I have faced up to not playing for a while.

Sorry to hear it man. Stay healthy & you'll probably be back on the ice later in the year. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:00 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:

Damn, sorry buddy. But as Chris said hopefully you'll be back sooner rather than later.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:33 am 

Actual conversation my teammate had with a new coworker:

New guy: Goo'day mate. Heard you play hockey. Any room for a new guy?"
Teammate: Is that an Australian accent?
New guy: Yeah mate.
Teammate: Ohh, sorry man. No room.
New guy: OI've lived in Australia loike 4 years. Grew up in Canada.
Teammate: You know, I think a spot just opened up...

:lol:
New guy is good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:33 am 
OTP Historian

https://twitter.com/slaterjim/status/786558214552838145

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:58 pm 

Bosc wrote:
https://twitter.com/slaterjim/status/786558214552838145

Perfect!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:06 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Taking it to the cage is the only one that pisses me off. Replacing cages is a pain in the ass.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:53 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Taking it to the cage is the only one that pisses me off. Replacing cages is a pain in the ass.

The one that gets me that isn't shown here is those certain guys always trying to go bottle. I've lost a few bottles that way. Those guys will do it whether you're in the net or not. Cages are more of a pain and more expensive though, you're right on that one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:14 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Oh and shooting when I am squared on someone else will get you a stern look...that you likely will not see in my mask...but you will get the look and I will know about it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:38 am 

Really? People aim for your bottles? What kind of loser has to go big-game bottle hunting? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22  Next