OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:15 am 
King of the One-Liner

Just was told my Tuesday group starts the second week of Sept on the 8th. Here comes Hockey season, ice is going in around here the next couple of weeks!

Looks like my schedule will be regular pick up groups Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday night and one league game a week either Sunday late morning or Friday night.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:19 am 
OTP Historian

I think we start the last week of September. Lost a couple of guys and replaced with a couple more. I'm going to try and get out to shinny a couple of times since I haven't played out for a few months. I bought a new lid too so we'll see how that feels.

Summer season ended on Wednesday. We lost our first playoff game and won the next two. We beat out my older bro's team with about .2 seconds left in the third after a faceoff with about 2.5 seconds left. For whatever reason their center decided to try to help us and win the draw forward, our D spun a backhand on net and one of our guys tipped it in. I thought for sure we were going to a shootout.

We lost in the Finals 4-2. I let in a shitter on the fourth goal but we couldn't put much in the net.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:25 am 
King of the One-Liner

What kind of lid? I've not added any ice gear now in a season and a half.

Sucks liking all me gear because I love getting new gear. :laugh:

Maybe I'll try buying a few sticks to fill the "jonesing for a hit" feelings?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:33 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
What kind of lid? I've not added any ice gear now in a season and a half.

Sucks liking all me gear because I love getting new gear. :laugh:

Maybe I'll try buying a few sticks to fill the "jonesing for a hit" feelings?

Bought a red Mission, can't remember what model. National's normal sticker price on it was $130, they were clearing them out for $70 bucks. I was using a White cooper and it was getting old and cracked in a couple of spots.

:lol: For the price of a few twigs you could buy a new glove. Frigging goalie twigs...

I still can't believe my Giguere 7k hasn't busted. That thing's taken like 2 seasons of abuse on posts and crossbars. I thought for sure it was gonna go in the Finals. My Red White and Blue Kolzig that hasn't even been taped yet is really outdated now. Still matches my gear though :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:54 am 
King of the One-Liner

I've been going on my Gerber Pro return Carolina sticks for a couple of years now. They are too durable, that said they are a little bendy soft now so am watching E-bay for a stick pack I like.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:13 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
I've been going on my Gerber Pro return Carolina sticks for a couple of years now. They are too durable, that said they are a little bendy soft now so am watching E-bay for a stick pack I like.

Were those SherWoods?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:38 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Yep, that one right there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:54 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Yep, that one right there.

Sweet colours on the pads there. They might match my team's colours even better than mine do already:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:33 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Jeff,

Do you know when we start? I haven't heard anything yet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:
Jeff,

Darren sent an email near the end of August talking about getting together at Neds soon, but never sent any followup.

I just checked and the email chain went to your old sympatico address instead of Cogeco. I just forwarded you the latest to your cogeco account.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:39 am 

BoscUlrichIII wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Jeff,

Darren sent an email near the end of August talking about getting together at Neds soon, but never sent any followup.

I never got that e-mail, I wonder if he is still having trouble with my e-mail?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:39 am 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:
BoscUlrichIII wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
Jeff,

I never got that e-mail, I wonder if he is still having trouble with my e-mail?

Edited my post. See above :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:37 pm 
King of the One-Liner

first game was tonight and lost 4-0...I've seen three of the other seven teams and we are going to lose a lot of games.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:02 am 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
first game was tonight and lost 4-0...I've seen three of the other seven teams and we are going to lose a lot of games.

We won our first one 6-5. We had a 6-3 lead and they scored a couple to make it interesting.

Started off the year with a bang by whiffing on an outlet pass on a PP, then tried to send it across and put it right on a guy's stick for a 2-on-1 that they scored on.

The team we played lost some guys and picked up a bunch of good ones, including a guy who used to play in Europe and is fucking good. They're clearly better than last year. As are the Avalanche. The team we always meet in the playoffs and play to close games didn't change. We picked up a couple more good guys to replace guys we lost. Should be a great year, albeit a chippy one, and I think the Thursday-Friday tilts could be ever more lopsided than they were last season.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:26 am 

We had our second game of the year last night against the hated Toronto or White as they now go by. We scored our 1st goal early and decided to take the rest of the night off. Our goalie came through for us and Toronto tied it in the second, but we got a beutiful goal with about 20 seconds left in the second to go ahead 2-1.

Our goalie kept us in it and we won 2-1.

We are 2-0 to start the season even though we have not played our best yet.

Jeff where were you last night?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:55 am 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:
We had our second game of the year last night against the hated Toronto or White as they now go by. We scored our 1st goal early and decided to take the rest of the night off. Our goalie came through for us and Toronto tied it in the second, but we got a beutiful goal with about 20 seconds left in the second to go ahead 2-1.

Still recovering from being sick this past week. I needed the night off. I sent Darren an email, did he not know I wasn't coming?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:12 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Tried the whole lacing 'em up lower thing. Maybe it was a placebo effect but I could swear I felt faster. I've always had fairly strong ankles so I didn't think it would be a problem.

Having a great season thus far. I don't know why but the past two I've been a step slow and had NO confidence handling the ball. Now not only is my stickhandling and passing back (I never had a good shot) but I'm seeing the game better, anticipating it like it did waaaay back when I was 16.

Still no goals for me though. This is my third straight scoreless season. :hurrr:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:30 am 

BoscUlrichIII wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:

Still recovering from being sick this past week. I needed the night off. I sent Darren an email, did he not know I wasn't coming?

Yes He did, I just didn't hear why you were'nt there. Hope your feeling better, and if it's what my wife has had I know that it is BRUTAL. Its taken her almost two weeks to get better.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:35 am 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:
BoscUlrichIII wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:

Yes He did, I just didn't hear why you were'nt there. Hope your feeling better, and if it's what my wife has had I know that it is BRUTAL. Its taken her almost two weeks to get better.

Thanks :) Hopefully it won't take me that long to get better, just seems like a standard cold that hit me really hard on Wednesday. Great to hear that you guys won without me :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:57 am 

BoscUlrichIII wrote:
Thanks :) Hopefully it won't take me that long to get better, just seems like a standard cold that hit me really hard on Wednesday. Great to hear that you guys won without me :)

It was close mind you, but we still could have used you. Also I won't be there against the Avs next week as I will be traveling in Alberta. Kick but next week.