(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:16 pm 
He of the red stockings

oww, that's harsh ... concrete hurts way more than ice :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:16 pm 
King of the One-Liner

I fucking detest when good players intentionally bank it off me from behind the net when I'm down and out.

:fffffuck:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:28 pm 
OTP Historian

Scotty how's your shoulder?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:40 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

I'd say I'm about 75% and will be there this Thursday. It was actually a pinched nerve in the back of my neck that was causing the pain in my shoulder and the numbness in my thumb and arm.

I probably could have played last week, but I was in Alberta.

I've been going to the Chiro about twice a week. I can't wait, as it is playoffs!

Jeff, from the scores I've read it doesn't look like we've been doing well. How are we?

What time and who do we play Thursday?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:41 am 

Jeff,

What time do we play Thursday? Is it the 1st game of the playoffs?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:28 pm 
OTP Historian

us 679 part trois wrote:
Jeff,

What time do we play Thursday? Is it the 1st game of the playoffs?

Nope, it's still regular season and we play at 11. The website's updated(http://www.esportsdesk.com/leagues/sche ... entID=1944)

We have 3 more games against the Thursday teams and then the playoffs.

I'm glad that they found out what the problem was and it's getting better! We put up a couple of stinkers but we've won the last couple, albeit against teams we should be beating easily. We've been missing people but it just seems like we aren't playing as well as we should be.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:33 pm 

BoscUlrichIII wrote:

Nope, it's still regular season and we play at 11. The website's updated(http://www.esportsdesk.com/leagues/sche ... entID=1944)

We have 3 more games against the Thursday teams and then the playoffs.

That means we have 3 more games than last year and we should play at least til mid April!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:36 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

According to McKenzie's Twitter feed, Jeff Johnston of the Barley Kings has been traded to an unidentified team in the Niagara region for the rights to the custom-designed "A-Team" mask of one Craig Hounsham. Details pending.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:13 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Av-merican wrote:
According to McKenzie's Twitter feed, Jeff Johnston of the Barley Kings has been traded to an unidentified team in the Niagara region for the rights to the custom-designed "A-Team" mask of one Craig Hounsham. Details pending.

We'll need to link to this in the Kansas City forum... I thought that mask had a lifetime NMC?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:43 pm 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:

What a ripoff for the Niagara team. At best they're receiving a backup goalie/#4 D(remember beer league teams usually only carry 4 D).

Refs not calling loud high-sticks on cages is pissing me off. It's no different than a guy wearing a visor/nothing, except that those guys might lose teeth or an eye, so why doesn't it get called when the recipient is wearing a cage? You can frigging see it and hear it, so why doesn't it get called? I've honestly had it happen at least 5 times this year :chris18:

0-0 tie on Thursday :? We're still playing like shit. 1:30 5-on-3 on Thursday, and we might have had 1 fucking shot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:43 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Does this mean Bosc is going to sit on my face now?

Not cool with that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:18 am 
OTP Historian

Barley Kings finish atop the standings for the year.

We played like crap for a while, then came out last week and were laying a shit-kicking on the Oilers(previously White, previously Toronto) before shit hit the fan. We scored a goal on what was ruled a high-stick, and their #21 who's a major tool cross-checked our guy into their net. Their goalie went nuts, one of their guys(41) jumped in and dropped the gloves with our guy who got cross-checked. Another of our guys grabbed 21, had his helmet off and had him in a headlock while this was all going on and since their goalie was in the middle, younger bro skated the length to pull him out and even things up.

End result:

Toronto:
#21 out for season and playoffs(gross misconduct + cross-checking major) and everyone across the league rejoices.
#41 out for 3 games for fighting(was originally season+playoffs but appealed I guess)

Us:
#33 (Mike) out for season and playoffs(gross misconduct and fighting)
#10 (Tony) out for 1 game(originally supposed to be season+playoffs because the guy claimed he choked him out, but our guys appealed it and got it reduced to one game

We were up 5-0 with a few hit posts and there was about 6 minutes left when it all went down. The refs just sent everyone to the rooms and called the game.

I talked to a guy who came to our office from one of our offices in Wakefield, Mass., and he plays in a mens league. He says they don't get suspended for fighting, they just get tossed from the game and have to pay a $50 fine to charity.

We won last night 3-1 in a goofy game. Playoffs start next week. 3 games Round Robin with the top 2 advancing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:54 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Before it exploded was there signs of things brewing?

We started Playoffs last weekend with a 4-0 win over a team we could not beat all year. Weird schedule we played last Sunday, then this Sunday, then six in seven days starting next Sunday. Either way glad playoffs are here to add a little nervous energy too my game, just seem a little sharper when it matters.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:46 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Before it exploded was there signs of things brewing?

Our games with them are always chippy and it always seems like something stupid is ready to happen. The guy who cross-checked our guy is the same guy who last year, Tim made a stop, whistle blew down, the guy skated all the way around the net and hacked him on the glove.

They showed up to our round-robin playoff game with 7 skaters and a goalie who isn't in the league and not on the sub list. Technically they had to forfeit but our captain just told the convenor and refs that we'd play the game and take the loss if we lose. We ended up pounding them like 10-1.

Lost our first round-robin game 4-3. Gave up 2 shorthanded breakaways on our first PP to go down 2-0. Won the second one against Toronto 10-1, and then tied our last game 2-2, to leave us in third after the round-robin and not face Toronto in the Thursday Finals for the first time in...5 years maybe? :x :x