OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: ROOTbeer Hockey
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:45 pm 
Tattoo of the Post

Hounsy wrote:
Our league just announce they are still now allowed one parent per kid at games again after they relooked at the restrictions.

Yeah we have heard about other adult pick up hours getting warnings about spitting on the bench. Glad I am a goalie as spitting disgust me and if that is a common activity on the bench good thing I am not on it.

I'll never get the spitting on the bench thing. I have a few teammates who spit all over it. And not like rinsing their mouth out with water. Just spit. I used to always flip my stick and put my butt end down on the bench floor. Did it once and slid down the bench- saw a long ass string of spit from my butt end into a loogey. I wiped the butt end on the guy who had spit, changed sticks for the game and retaped by butt end after the game, washing my hands profusely afterwards. There's a garbage can on the bench. Why not spit into it? And yeah, I put the blade end on the bench now, not the butt end.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:45 pm 
King of the One-Liner

So my son's Hockey(house league 2006, 2007 birth year) has been a very friendly affair so far. Not sure if it is the 4 on 4, the extra travel kids that dropped down due to covid, or my suspicion that there is a lot less moron adults in the stands winding the kids up.

But it has been one big friendly and clean hang out on the ice and given that these are all kids working on their future beer league skills as far as a hockey future goes it is great to see.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:35 pm 
Tattoo of the Post

Hounsy wrote:
So my son's Hockey(house league 2006, 2007 birth year) has been a very friendly affair so far. Not sure if it is the 4 on 4, the extra travel kids that dropped down due to covid, or my suspicion that there is a lot less moron adults in the stands winding the kids up.

But it has been one big friendly and clean hang out on the ice and given that these are all kids working on their future beer league skills as far as a hockey future goes it is great to see.

That's awesome. Glad to hear it.

I've loved the games we had with no parents in the building. The kids could just concentrate on the game, not seeing if "I play in the B division! I know everything about the game!" dad approves of their last shift.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17