OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:01 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

The US returned to the ice before Canada??? WTF?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:29 pm 
King of the One-Liner

We just don't test enough here in Canada to send kids back out on the ice. /S

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:41 pm 

Anyone tried sticks from CustomHockeySticks.ca? Ordered 2 for my daughter. Full carbon, kevlar wrap, customized length/flex (very helpful for us vertically challenged people). Seems like a great deal. I probably should have asked before ordering 2. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:32 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Looks like I am back on the ice in two weeks. Wonder if I will remember how to play?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:15 am 
King of the One-Liner

Played Hockey again. seemed weird to do something like that, but it was fun. I certainly wasn't sharp and I kept it in low gear for the first skate but I played okay.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:55 am 

I start again on Thursday night. Haven't done shit in over a year. I fully expect some cardiac issues. But Miss18.1 is on my team so it should be fun! Although she's got a motor like very few hockey players, and I can't be shown up by my kid, so I try to keep up with her. My stubborn bullshit may kill me. :viking:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:05 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
I start again on Thursday night. Haven't done shit in over a year. I fully expect some cardiac issues. But Miss18.1 is on my team so it should be fun! Although she's got a motor like very few hockey players, and I can't be shown up by my kid, so I try to keep up with her. My stubborn bullshit may kill me. :viking:

That's awesome, Chris!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:03 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

That's awesome, Chris!

She's played a few games with us here & there. It was a lot of fun. She got to see her old man go into a minor rage one time when an opponent said something out of line to her. We've mainly had fun and some great passing plays though. Basically I go to the slot and let her dangle around people, draw 2 defenders to her and feed me for a 1-timer. I look brilliant for A. Scoring pretty easily and B. Raising/coaching the kid who can dangle around other old dudes. Winner/winner but still no beer with dinner. (She's still 18)

We will probably play against her old coach, who was a total dick to her for 2 years. Still no idea what she did to make him hate her so much, when all other coaches love her. So that should be a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:09 pm 
King of the One-Liner

I'm jealous, still no word on when we start again.

Always been a goal to be able to play with my kid, so congrats on getting there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:46 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
I'm jealous, still no word on when we start again.

Always been a goal to be able to play with my kid, so congrats on getting there.

It just means I'm OLD. :lol: My younger daughter is 12 and said she can't wait to play on my team too. I realized I'll have to be 52 playing beer league? Fuck!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:53 pm 

Miss18.1 missed last night's game and I scored a beauty to win the game. She doesn't believe me. :lol: Kids...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:28 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Miss18.1 missed last night's game and I scored a beauty to win the game. She doesn't believe me. :lol: Kids...

:lol:

Looks like we've got ice for 4 Fridays in August. Starts after I've passed 2 weeks after my second shot. I normally don't like Friday night ice but I'll take it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:10 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

:lol:

Looks like we've got ice for 4 Fridays in August. Starts after I've passed 2 weeks after my second shot. I normally don't like Friday night ice but I'll take it.

I hate Friday ice too. But yeah, this year, we'll take it!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:57 pm 

I played every position but center last night. Both wings, both D sides and since our goalie was late, about 6 game minutes of goalie. Made 9 saves on 11 shots in standard player gear! :lol: First goal was all on me. I made a good kick save (old school!), blocked the rebound shot with my chest (ouch), but then passed the rebound not quite to the corner like I'd hoped- instead onto the stick of an opponent, who kindly apologized for scoring on me. :lol: Second goal was by a dickhead who fucking ripped it high, near my neck. After our goalie arrived (down 2-1) I blasted a shot off that guy's ankle, purely by coincidence. I apologized before I noticed it was him then said "oh, you're the head hunter. Glad it hit you and go fuck yourself." Won in OT, with me having nothing to do with any of our scored goals. :lol: Moral of the story? Be able to play everywhere, even if really poorly, and your team will appreciate you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:26 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Guy who runs my oldtimers just e-mailed that if not vaccinating he is filling your spot. And I quote "Sorry about this but if it wasn’t for all of us getting are shots we would not be playing at all."

Can't say I disagree.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:51 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Guy who runs my oldtimers just e-mailed that if not vaccinating he is filling your spot. And I quote "Sorry about this but if it wasn’t for all of us getting are shots we would not be playing at all."

Can't say I disagree.

I hope mine does that but I think we've got at least two guys he won't want to have to say that to. Hardcore pro-trump/anti-Trudea.

Maybe that'll be the fucking thing to get my younger brother to get his shot if he does it. Right now he's on track to get in 3 weeks and lose the last 2 weeks even if he goes and gets his first shot today. We've got 5 weeks booked, so he may not even do it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:56 pm 

Beer league philosophy- not all d-bags wear #69, but all who wear #69 are d-bags.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:56 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Chris18 wrote:
Beer league philosophy- not all d-bags wear #69, but all who wear #69 are d-bags.

Pretty much. I did here word of mouth that one guy wearing it in a tourney was due to a lost bet and not his choice.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:35 pm 
OTP Historian

Hounsy wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Pretty much. I did here word of mouth that one guy wearing it in a tourney was due to a lost bet and not his choice.

Our summer league convener wears it :lol: Clean player, not a d-bag.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:59 am 

Bosc wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Our summer league convener wears it :lol: Clean player, not a d-bag.

He doesn't talk shit all the time? Or play like 2 divisions down from where he belongs? If so, this is truly an outlier!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next