OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: ROOTbeer Hockey
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:28 pm 
Tattoo of the Post

Hounsy wrote:
My son's top of the line Bauer composite is flaking paint all over, have not seen it with my sticks but yes on his.

Hmm. I thought it was because I bought the bottom of the barrel Bauer. That's not cool if his top of the line one is flaking too! Think Bauer has a bit of a QC problem here...

Random side note- was given a ton of ANCIENT goalie stuff by a "friend" who was cleaning his stuff out of his parents' house after moving. Gave me a bunch of moldy/rusty skates, pair of goalie skates that were so dry rotted, the tongue just FELL OFF when I picked it up.... The one and only useful thing is an old Christian stick that will be a nice backup for Miss18.2 for a year or 2. Good to have, since I wasn't about to drop $90 on a backup.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:32 pm 
King of the One-Liner

My son only took one stick to the rink can not see 9 -10 year olds breaking it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:55 pm 
Tattoo of the Post

Hounsy wrote:
My son only took one stick to the rink can not see 9 -10 year olds breaking it.

I have seen it happen a few times randomly, even with kids that young. And with the thing flaking paint, I am afraid it's a Friday afternoon-made stick and will shit the bed at the worst possible time. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:57 am 
Tattoo of the Post

Hockey parents are bat shit crazy. That is all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:27 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Chris18 wrote:
Hockey parents are bat shit crazy. That is all.

agreed and that is only house league I see. Though the flip side for me in Baseball season is that 90% of the parents are there with complete indifference, the contrast is something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14