OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:18 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Well whaddaya know, Galchenyuk clears, Megna gets claimed by the Ducks. See ya dude, you were halfway decent for 10 minutes a night (well, until recently). I'm betting he gets waived again later this season and the Avs reclaim him. The Eagles love the guy, pretty sure he's the captain this year.

Winnipeg puts up two guys, former Avs signee Dominic Toninato and Andre's brother Evgeny Svechnikov. I'd definitely put in a claim for the former if I'm COL. Good defensive center and the Avs don't have a 4C at present. I mean...they don't have a 1C or 2C either, but y'know...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:32 pm 

Preds waive former first rounder Eeli Tolvanen, the Seattle Kraken claim him. Good depth to have since they sent Wright (or plan to send him) to the WJC. Apparently a good shooter, but a lousy skater.

Also should note that the Isles had a shot at getting Kieffer Bellows back and stick him in Bridgeport, but they passed and he cleared. Currently playing for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:03 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Pokecheque wrote:
Also should note that the Isles had a shot at getting Kieffer Bellows back and stick him in Bridgeport, but they passed and he cleared. Currently playing for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms.

Bellows just never put it together. Isles fans kept yelling his name from rooftops, saying he needed to play more and that Trotz was an idiot for not putting him in more. Well, three NHL coaching staffs didn't see what they wanted in him (Trotz, Lambert, Tortorella) so now I assume he'll remain a fringe NHLer. Fine for a callup, but he's just not an every day guy. If called up, he'll probably come out flying, doing what he's supposed to do for 1-3 games, but then crash to Earth and become the same fringe player.

So yeah, I'm not too surprised the Isles didn't reclaim him. They've got a few good prospects in Bridgeport. It's been rumored that Bellows doesn't work very hard in practice. Not a way to endear yourself to Lou, that's for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:48 am 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
Preds waive former first rounder Eeli Tolvanen, the Seattle Kraken claim him. Good depth to have since they sent Wright (or plan to send him) to the WJC. Apparently a good shooter, but a lousy skater.

That's a good, smart gamble out of Seattle.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:12 pm 
Big in Japan

Lukas Sedlak asks to go home, gets his wish. I think he and Filip Chlapik are NHL calibre players, but I can't fault a guy for wanting to be closer to home.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:24 pm 

Well here's a surprise, Jakub Vrana, who was on an extended conditioning stint in Grand Rapids following his reemergence from the Player Assistance Program, is waived by the Wings.

He's got a $5.25 million cap hit that runs through the end of next season.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:29 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Well here's a surprise, Jakub Vrana, who was on an extended conditioning stint in Grand Rapids following his reemergence from the Player Assistance Program, is waived by the Wings.

He's got a $5.25 million cap hit that runs through the end of next season.

So any team picking him up would get about half the $5.25 M cap hit, right? Since it's about the mid-point of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:22 am 

Chris18 wrote:
So any team picking him up would get about half the $5.25 M cap hit, right? Since it's about the mid-point of the season.

Yeah it'd be prorated for roughly that amount.

I think he'll likely clear, can't see a team out there with the cap space taking him, if he moves it'll be a trade of some kind.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:49 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Yeah it'd be prorated for roughly that amount.

I think he'll likely clear, can't see a team out there with the cap space taking him, if he moves it'll be a trade of some kind.

Wasn't he reportedly on the trading block for a while?

Isles appear to have just about enough space to take him. They've got Clutterbuck and Palmieri about to come off IR, so a guy or two will be sent back to Bridgeport, clearing a little bit of space. If Vrana can remain healthy he'd probably be a good fit on Barzal's wing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:15 pm 

Chris Tierney, who's definitely very close to the end of his NHL career, gets claimed by Montreal from Florida.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:25 pm 

Chicago's Pavel Gogolev...Gogoleft. Unconditional waivers.