OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benn for 8 more
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:37 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Jamie Benn signed an 8 year extension at $9.5 million/year. I'll bet Tavares was happy to see that vs Stamkos' deal.

Post subject: Re: Benn for 8 more
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:21 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

What a weird draft 2007 was. Top pick (Patrick Kane) probably remains the top pick, but that's it. I realize most drafts would be pretty heavily rearranged in hindsight but this just looks crazy. Habs picked Max Pacioretty in the first round, P.K. Subban in the next. Benn doesn't get picked until the FIFTH ROUND (129th overall). Of the players Dallas picked before taking their future captain and possibly all-time best player when all is said and done, only Colton Sceviour is in the NHL. Dallas didn't have a first rounder in this draft as a result of the Ladislav Nagy deal...which should tell you how long ago this was.

For perspective, Daniel Alfredsson was taken 133rd overall in 1994, Pavel Datsyuk 171st overall in 1998, and Henrik Zetterberg 210th overall in the infamous 1999 draft.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:53 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Av-merican wrote:
What a weird draft 2007 was. Top pick (Patrick Kane) probably remains the top pick, but that's it. I realize most drafts would be pretty heavily rearranged in hindsight but this just looks crazy. Habs picked Max Pacioretty in the first round, P.K. Subban in the next. Benn doesn't get picked until the FIFTH ROUND (129th overall). Of the players Dallas picked before taking their future captain and possibly all-time best player when all is said and done, only Colton Sceviour is in the NHL. Dallas didn't have a first rounder in this draft as a result of the Ladislav Nagy deal...which should tell you how long ago this was.

For perspective, Daniel Alfredsson was taken 133rd overall in 1994, Pavel Datsyuk 171st overall in 1998, and Henrik Zetterberg 210th overall in the infamous 1999 draft.

I had no idea. I assumed Benn was a high first rounder. I love seeing guys taken late have great careers. Makes all the scouts & GMs look like idiots. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:16 am 
Big in Japan

Benn a long time
We shouldn't have left you
Without a dope beat to step to