OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2024 Playoffs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:16 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

The East is all set.

Rangers - Capitals. I hope Wilson and Rempe beat the living shit out of each other.
Panthers - Lightning. Is that called the Everglade Fan Boat series? We almost had a subway series in NY.
Bruins - Leafs. No history here...
Hurricanes - Islanders. Isles hoping to exact revenge from last year's Round 1. I doubt they will but I can hope.

Waiting on the West to be set.

Post subject: Re: 2024 Playoffs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:03 pm 

Can't believe the Caps with a -37 goal differential are even in the playoffs.

Picking the east is going to be pretty easy in the first round for me. Going with all the favs.

Florida started the season ho hum and Carolina had an even worst start. Both have come on strong. I suspect it will be one of them that wins the east.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 pm 
Big in Japan

With Vasilevskiy finally healthy I could see TBay turning back the clock and going on a run.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:48 pm 

E.L. wrote:
With Vasilevskiy finally healthy I could see TBay turning back the clock and going on a run.

Its almost for certain there will be one upset, and if there is TBay does seem most likely but that is a very, very good Panthers team that is built for playoff hockey.

The Isles are perhaps my other potential long shot. Their -18 goal differential is ugly, but that all occurred pre-Roy. They've been hot recently with Roy. They need a healthy Dobson though and over coming the depth of the Hurricanes will be a massive challenge. Wish they had ended up playing the Rags. Great rivalry, and I think a better chance for them to win.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:58 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Fogghorn wrote:
E.L. wrote:

Its almost for certain there will be one upset, and if there is TBay does seem most likely but that is a very, very good Panthers team that is built for playoff hockey.

The Isles are perhaps my other potential long shot. Their -18 goal differential is ugly, but that all occurred pre-Roy. They've been hot recently with Roy. They need a healthy Dobson though and over coming the depth of the Hurricanes will be a massive challenge. Wish they had ended up playing the Rags. Great rivalry, and I think a better chance for them to win.

Isles were a -21 under Lambert, and in East 11th place. But they were only 2 & 3 points behind WC2 and WC1, respectively. They were 6 points behind the Hurricanes, who were in Metro3. But also in Metro 6th. Roy has done a pretty good job.
And they still have a game tonight, against a bummed out Penguins team. Maybe the Isles can knock that closer to 0 with a big win tonight. Even though they're resting some guys.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:26 am 

Canuck's vs Preds. The match up I was hoping for.

Not that I think the Preds are going to be pushovers. They're just going to be a far more interesting match up than the slogfest than the Kings produce, and less worrisome than LVegas.

Should be an interesting series. Demko is back and his form looked great vs Calgary. Hopefully the Canucks take this in 6 maybe even 5.