OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:47 pm 
King of Men

Since when did Sportsnet start this ignoring of scrums and fights? Holy soft! Its one thing to cater to all this softness but yet another to willfully talk over it, ignore it, intentionally pan away or put up graphics while there are extracurriculars going on!

Every one that works for this sad sack of a pandering company needs to give their balls or tits a tug or maybe both if that's what you got.

Scrums and Fights need inclusivity too!

GTFO..... :wookie: :wookie: :wookie:

Post subject: Re: Sportsnet Crap
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:59 pm 
Big in Japan

What do you mean, they don't show the fights during the game? I've never seen an NHL game turn away from a fight.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:33 pm 
King of Men

first we have to use the word "fight" lightly......if we mean anytime gloves come off or veiled punches get exchanged that is pretty much a fight nowadays. A real donnybrook is a modern day unicorn.

Now there was some intrigue tonight with Dubois running around and several scrums that were panned away from or ignored completely. In one particular Hrudey just kept talking about some nonsense, but he did go back to it after he was done whatever he was talking about. The scrum camera attention did seem to improve as the night went on.

Hopefully this was just oversight on tonight's broadcast as I have not noticed this so blatantly before. I will certainly keep an eye out though as Sportsnet is already ragingly soft.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:10 am 
Big in Japan

I saw Dubois ran a guy along the boards pretty hard (Rasmus?), did they not show that on the broadcast? It was plastered all over twitter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:49 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I was looking through an article on Yahoo Sports about the Rangers-Lightning game last night. They mentioned a fight and there was an imbedded video below it. Or there should have been. There was a notice saying the NHL owned the rights and was not allowing the usage. There was plenty of video links in the same article to goals, and even Killorn pitchforking Shesterkin in the nuts and the scrum that followed. But maybe because the first one I mentioned here was a "fight" the NHL suppresses it? I'm not one to sit around watching fight videos but I also don't need it hidden from me. "This isn't Russia. This isn't Russia, is it?"-Spies Like Us