OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:45 pm 
Big in Japan

Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Really not sure how the Canadian division will shake out. BC already out, Ontario about to start a major lockdown with even the airports on the table. In the US, San Jose will play out of Phoenix.

I could swear I read somewhere that the Canadian teams may wind up playing in an American city. If that happens, there is no reason to realign the divisions, is there? It would actually be pretty stupid to do it.

Totally, wonder if they can switch back last minute. How many schedules do they have lined up? Quebec government still deciding whether the Habs can play in the Bell Centre. They approved their practice facility and people grumbled about it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:27 am 
Big in Japan

Sounds like all the teams got government approval to play in the all-Canadian division.

Interested in seeing how the division shakes out. The Leafs, Oilers, Canucks, Jets, Flames and Habs have talent. Really only the Sens are out on day one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:40 am 
Big in Japan

Training camp has begun!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:49 pm 
Old Man of the Post

E.L. wrote:
The Leafs, Oilers, Canucks, Jets, Flames and Habs have talent. Really only the Sens are out on day one.

My bold prediction:
Leafs
Jets
Habs
Flames
Oilers
Nuckleheads
Senators

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 pm 
Big in Japan

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
E.L. wrote:
The Leafs, Oilers, Canucks, Jets, Flames and Habs have talent. Really only the Sens are out on day one.

My bold prediction:
Leafs
Jets
Habs
Flames
Oilers
Nuckleheads
Senators

Wow, not confident in the Nucks? I thought you'd have high hopes given their young corps.

I'd rank em:

Jets
Leafs
Habs
Canucks
Oilers
Flames
Senators

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:38 pm 

E.L. wrote:
the Cunning Linguist wrote:
E.L. wrote:

My bold prediction:
Leafs
Jets
Habs
Flames
Oilers
Nuckleheads
Senators

Wow, not confident in the Nucks? I thought you'd have high hopes given their young corps.

I'd rank em:

Jets
Leafs
Habs
Canucks
Oilers
Flames
Senators

Based on past history, he has good reason for his doubts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:14 pm 
Big in Japan

Why don't they bust the old Canada Cup out of storage and give it to whoever wins the Chucky Cheese North Division?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:12 am 
King of Men

Yikes....seriously? Ads on Helmets....sponsoring on the division titles? NHL is in a bad way..........at least the hockey package was $75 this year!

I've also noticed lots of games on the package being on ESPN PLUS....how the hell is that going to work? Are they going to black all that out?

I like that Canada cup idea....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:52 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Add me to the list of supporters of the Canada Cup idea...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:34 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Why don't they bust the old Canada Cup out of storage and give it to whoever wins the Chucky Cheese North Division?

Awesome idea.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:16 am 
Big in Japan

Ten games in the Habs (7-1-2) and Leafs (7-2-1) are neck and neck.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:38 pm 
King of the One-Liner

While I do think the Leafs are the class of the division this season I also think the Jets are Solid and have the best goalie and then the Oilers can be streaky both good and bad so catch them in the playoffs on a good streak they could take anyone. Actually Montreal at 4th can't be counted out come playoffs as there is a game stealing version or Price somewhere still in that current shell of a goalie he is at the moment. Though still time for teams to tinker with systems and rosters.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:32 am 
Big in Japan

There's something of a real South Division and all of Carolina, Florida, Tampa and Nashville are getting in. Nascar playoffs, baby!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:09 am 
King of Men

As the end of the season winds down....I've kind of soured on this. 3 games in a row against the Sabres, Senators, or Sharks is just too much for me to watch. Especially at this stage when most of these games have little meaning.

I found myself only watching the East and North anyway. While the wife relentlessly subjects me to the West. The Central/South gets absolutely no love from me.

I still think the North Division should stay and the Canada cup should come out but at least let them out of their Division a bit next year.

Who knows what impact the Turner and Espn/Disney deal will have in restructuring for next season.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:45 am 
Big in Japan

I'm tired of the same old teams too. I don't need to watch Calgary 10 times. Old divisions again, SVP.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 10:14 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

harmfuljays wrote:
As the end of the season winds down....I've kind of soured on this. 3 games in a row against the Sabres, Senators, or Sharks is just too much for me to watch. Especially at this stage when most of these games have little meaning.

I found myself only watching the East and North anyway. While the wife relentlessly subjects me to the West. The Central/South gets absolutely no love from me.

I still think the North Division should stay and the Canada cup should come out but at least let them out of their Division a bit next year.

Who knows what impact the Turner and Espn/Disney deal will have in restructuring for next season.

I get the boredom (if it's that strong of a sentiment) of seeing the same old teams, but I have to say it's awesome that your wife has an interest in a different division than you! My wife is a huge Isles fan now but she won't even watch other East games. If the Isles aren't playing, she's not watching. So good on you!

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:04 pm 
King of Men

It is pretty awesome...but it has everything to do with her being a diehard Avs fan. Its hard for me not to roll my eyes at that team with the embarrassment of riches they possess...I think she told me they are even rolling out Newhook shortly...give me a break. :roll:

In fact the only thing that keeps me tuned in there is Lauren Jbarra...Yew! (Season 9 sucked by the way).

I did think I would enjoy seeing the Oilers 10 times....but when the Flames can only get motivated for about 3 or 4 of those games....now....not so much......6 is probably enough. Trust me I don't think I want to see the Flames 10 times anymore either (at least not this version).

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:40 pm 
OTP Historian

I'm not watching a whole lot so it's not really bothering me.

My buddy asked me how I can stand watching them because they're so bad. It's because I'm expecting them to be bad! They shouldn't be good! :lol: