OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:19 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I didn't care as of yesterday. All of a sudden today it hit me that there are meaningful games TOMORROW! Woohoooooooooooo! :Butch:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:35 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

This is a weird feeling. I'm....kinda excited? But this still just doesn't feel right.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:14 am 

I'd like to applaud the Rogers Center folks for the jumbotron notices like "the wave is strictly prohibited at tonight's game" and "after the game, please safely exit your couch". :lol:

Then, there's No Fun Toronto...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:23 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Chris18 wrote:
I'd like to applaud the Rogers Center folks for the jumbotron notices like "the wave is strictly prohibited at tonight's game" and "after the game, please safely exit your couch". :lol:

Tonight's Attendance = 0. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:16 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Tonight's Attendance = 0. :lol:

Thanks. I knew I'd forgotten a good one. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:38 pm 

Does the NHL have a Covid problem?

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canu ... es-3358971

And as the UK and South African variants start to become dominant in North America in a few months is this going to shut the NHL down again?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:57 pm 

If the new strains aren't being contained at all by the vaccines then we're all fucked anyway.

My opinion, just suck it up and inoculate all pro athletes, staffers, families, etc. I'm reading something like 1 out of every 3 people being offered the shot are refusing it. And that's among essential workers.

So...fuck this noise, just give the goddamned vaccine to everyone who wants it. You're not doing anything whatsoever to build up herd immunity with a shitty rollout like this and withholding it from people who actually want it out of some lame morality play. Giving it to the NHL and NBA will do next to nothing to withhold it from those who need it and it would be incredibly easy to gather all of them and get it done quickly and efficiently. I don't care if vaccinations are going to multimillionaires so I can watch hockey, at least it's going to someone with enough fucking sense to want the vaccine, and any who don't will simply be told by Silver and Bettman that they won't get to play.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:18 pm 

My wife is a teacher, in school with anti-masker kids every day (very red town). She fights with them, they pull it down as soon as she turns, etc. She was told in Jan she was approved for a vaccine. She got the earliest appointment- March 28th. that's with teachers on the "fast track". Think there's a problem with the rollout? What a joke.

My father is 80 and diabetic, so he got his first dose in NJ. The double booked him and when they called to ask which one he wanted, my mother, 76, asked if she could take one of his appointments. Nope. They canceled one of his and made her start at the beginning of the process. Best part though- she wound up getting her first dose a week ahead of him because one place had so many cancelations out of fear of the side effects thanks to bullshit news.

I have tried to make an appointment for me and our daughters for whenever the hell we can get it. Can't even make an appointment yet.

A woman I coach with is a nurse practitioner so she's gotten it. She and everyone in her office got the Moderna one and had fevers after the 2nd dose and a lot of pain in their arms where they got it. But that's it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:52 pm 

Wife and I work in mental health, so we got it. The process was quick and easy, and surprisingly efficient at the local stadium.

A whole bunch of my employees have refused it. I wish I could fire every single fucking one of them, but I can't afford to. At least our clinical employees aren't brain-dead fucking idiots and got theirs at the first opportunity. The only one that refused has a very long history of serious autoimmune reactions, so that's about the only justifiable reason to not get the shot IMO.