OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:55 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Chris18 wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
Can they honestly get through the playoffs? I know they will be testing daily, but what if one player on a team tests positive? Its very possible others on that team could get it.

Imagine they somehow make it to the finals and players all of a sudden get covid? Really don't know how this will play out.

Could you imagine lining up across from Marchand and he licks your face? :wth:

OMG :lol:

He would definitely get the beat down of his life!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:04 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

I am hearing rumours that the NHL have already booked full hotels through the end of August in Vegas - so there's that.

https://twitter.com/RobFai/status/1270903330592546817

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:47 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Scott 679 wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Scott 679 wrote:
Can they honestly get through the playoffs? I know they will be testing daily, but what if one player on a team tests positive? Its very possible others on that team could get it.

Imagine they somehow make it to the finals and players all of a sudden get covid? Really don't know how this will play out.

Could you imagine lining up across from Marchand and he licks your face? :wth:

OMG :lol:

He would definitely get the beat down of his life!

I don't know. Will guys really fight? Would they want to grapple with another dude and be face to face, wrestling to get arms free, breathing in each other's deep breaths, spit, sweat? I sure as hell wouldn't want to.

And Vegas? It was like 2 months ago the idiot mayor said she would open up as a pilot test and we all rolled our eyes... What happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas. Those STDs get brought home, and now C19 will too. I get that there are shit loads of nice hotels, but Vegas??? That's some dumb shit by a league that has a reputation of doing some really dumb shit!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:35 am 

Friend told me Eklund has some of the same arguments I do against players being in Vegas. :fffffuck: I must be wrong.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:18 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I just read a Bruins player tested positive. I really don't know if they can pull this off. But I suppose if the KBO is still going strong amidst all this...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:54 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
I just read a Bruins player tested positive. I really don't know if they can pull this off. But I suppose if the KBO is still going strong amidst all this...

Beat me to it. Yes, as I was saying earlier, the playoffs are a two month grind. Even thought they will test everyday, what happens if even one player gets Covid?

I too do not know how they will pull this off.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:07 pm 
King of Men

Quote:
The Bruins announced that one of their players tested positive for COVID-19 prior to returning to the team’s training facility for the limited, voluntary workout sessions that are currently taking place at the Warrior Ice Arena in Brighton.

According to the club, the player is asymptomatic and subsequently has undergone two more tests which were negative.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/06/12 ... ronavirus/

Hmmm isn't that the majority of people anyway? Not sure how you stop Covid from rolling through a team like the Flu does.....Six feet away...pass me the puck....don't check me...six feet! The biggest problem is going to be sitting on the bench waiting for your shift. Its hard to be a team when you can't do all the little interpersonal things that make one. July 10th it is!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:08 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Quote:
The Bruins announced that one of their players tested positive for COVID-19 prior to returning to the team’s training facility for the limited, voluntary workout sessions that are currently taking place at the Warrior Ice Arena in Brighton.

According to the club, the player is asymptomatic and subsequently has undergone two more tests which were negative.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/06/12 ... ronavirus/

Hmmm isn't that the majority of people anyway? Not sure how you stop Covid from rolling through a team like the Flu does.....Six feet away...pass me the puck....don't check me...six feet! The biggest problem is going to be sitting on the bench waiting for your shift. Its hard to be a team when you can't do all the little interpersonal things that make one. July 10th it is!

Keep in mind that's 6ft when resting or casual talking. Raised voice to laughter, anger, exuberance more like 9'. Heavy respiration due to exertion is greater. Sneeze is 27'.........

I don't see how this works at all unless every player somehow manages to stay 100% corona free.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:14 am 

On the other hand maybe it can be done, if they do it really seriously. Leave the wife and kids at home. Rent the whole damn hotel in Vegas, pay the staff double to also stay in the hotel and not go home. Create one very large bubble where absolutely no one is able to leave or enter.

Or run it all on Vancouver Island with zero new covid cases. Or better yet New Zealand, then you can bring the family, although you'll have to play in the middle of the night.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:18 am 
Big in Japan

This is starting to feel like an irresponsible waste of time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:11 am 

E.L. wrote:

Agreed. I'm looking forward to watching hockey again. But since it's now mid-June, I think I'd rather see them just call it a season and start next year on time. The idea of no hockey in the fall, probably not until Dec-Jan, is really depressing! That's when we'll all really miss it!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:37 am 

Read this morning that Vegas is definitely a host city. WTF are they thinking? I get that there are tons of hotels there, but the C19 rate there is rising quickly. And I had no idea that they planned to send the eastern teams to Vegas and the western teams to whatever eastern city they decide upon. I get not wanting anyone to have any sort of home ice advantage, but with empty buildings, would there be? Maybe knowing a certain board gives funny bounces? Having teams go and isolate for training camp and then go to the other side of the continent seems pretty dumb. As much as I want live hockey to watch, this is really dumb and irresponsible. Feels like it's going to take the majority of a team or several superstars to test positive for the league to suddenly shut down the season. If that happens, they're going to look really stupid.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:58 am 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:

Yup. All for the $

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:03 am 

Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Yup. All for the $
Yes dumb idea. Just pack it up and hope for the best for a clean 2020-21 season, even if it starts late I'm fine with that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:23 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I gotta be honest...I'm only a little excited about this. I just...don't think it's the time for sports right now. We don't need a distraction from current issues.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:20 am 

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/couturier- ... fs~1978120

What I have been talking about. In over two months of hockey in the playoffs, someone will get the virus.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:32 pm 
Big in Japan

Bobby Mac reports an outbreak among Lightning players and staff. They can't even train without it spreading, there's no way they can play games.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:52 pm 

TSN reporting that 5 Philadelphia Flyers contracted COVID and they had to temporarily shut down their training facility. 3 players and 2 staff. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:28 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
TSN reporting that 5 Philadelphia Flyers contracted COVID and they had to temporarily shut down their training facility. 3 players and 2 staff. :roll:

And now the Phillies, 5 players and three staff members has forced them to close their facilty.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:29 pm 
Big in Japan

Reports now that Auston Matthews has COVID.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next