OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:27 pm 
Big in Japan

A pretty stinging indictment of America's handling of the crisis that Gary Freaking Bettman would rather have them play in Canada.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:12 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

E.L. wrote:
A pretty stinging indictment of America's handling of the crisis that Gary Freaking Bettman would rather have them play in Canada.

Did Gary come up with the idea of playing in Canada, or did the smart people around him mandate it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:27 pm 

So the CBA; no compliance buyouts since there are no major changes? As much as I am happy there won't be a lockout, I was hoping for compliance buyouts (looking at you Andrew Ladd).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:18 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Chris18 wrote:
So the CBA; no compliance buyouts since there are no major changes? As much as I am happy there won't be a lockout, I was hoping for compliance buyouts (looking at you Andrew Ladd).
Agree. And Loui Eriksson :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:54 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Agree. And Loui Eriksson :shock:

I wish fans had votes on this. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:26 pm 

CBA ratified, schedule set for qualifying round. Holy shit. Positive steps! Now we just have to hope they avoid positive tests. See what I did there? I didn't even plan that. It just happened.

I'm too lazy to post the photo the right way, so here-
https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/12817 ... 37/photo/1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:38 pm 
Big in Japan

Travis Hamonic opts out. Based on what's going on in baseball, expect a few more.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:27 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Travis Hamonic opts out. Based on what's going on in baseball, expect a few more.

Hamonic said it's due to his young daughter's health.
Sven Bartschi also opted out. Not sure on his reason.
Hagelin says he'll leave to see his kid born and the return, if possible.

Stamkos with an LBI but should be ready to go during the Qualifying round.

As much as I think this is going to be a shit show and dumb in the long run, it's great to be talking about upcoming games!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:46 am 

Just a few hours until exhibition games start! Woohoooo!

Yeah, that was a somewhat faked level of enthusiasm, but if the league can fake having fans in the arenas, I can fake my level of excitement over exhibition games.

One of the things I most want to see happen in this return to play scenario is a player score a big goal and turn to the crowd that isn't there to join in the celebration. Who will be the first to look like an ass? :lol:

Here's hoping they get through the presentation of the Cup without an outbreak/pause or worse. :beer:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 am 
King of Men

Well at least the package has all of these exhibition games as well. Surely going to need it to follow along with the pace of this tournament.

Me, I am just super stoked to see some hockey...I rolled over at 2am last night and told my wife......12 hours until hockey!

Don't get me wrong I've thoroughly enjoyed re-watching some of the less than stellar moments between the Habs and Bruins and the Flames and well....everyone outside of 1989 and 2004.

Its certainly been a pleasure to watch Jarome and Gelinas (oh 2005 if only) as well as Ray and Neely........I've enjoyed the March 21, 1991 game between the Nordiques and Bruins at least 3 times now where Tugnutt makes 70 saves. Props to NESN and Sportsnet for filling in the gaps. But I am most definitely ready to get back at it!

That's a good set of games here today

Pitt Vs Philly
Habs Vs Leafs
Flames Vs Oil

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:40 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Ugh. Preseason games before a truncated postseason.

Wake me when this part's over. Hopefully there won't be any setbacks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:07 pm 
King of Men

don't sleep too hard or else the 1st round will be over! Like I said elsewhere.....the could be only a possible 70 hours from when the Flames enter the playoffs to their exit.

I enjoy watching pre-season hockey anyway. What happened Professor you used to like the Burgundy and White game?

This is way better than any of the dumb ass TV shows on Netflix/Amazon or listening to the incessant daily whine of the right or left. :dance:

To each his own I guess! 3.5 hours to Hockey! :woop:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:14 pm 
King of Men

After my stirring rendition of O Canada with pumped in crowd noise.....here we go!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:22 pm 
King of Men

oh my...pumped in goal horns....I'll tell you what if I was a player it would be time for new celebrations..........maybe the go for a skate, point at the non existent crowd and do the Hulk Hogan hand to the ear thing. And then make some motion for them to turn it up! Have some fun with this gents!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:50 pm 
King of Men

Exhibition hockey....ended up snoozing at the end of the first.....old man!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:34 pm 

Anybody see the pics of another team watching the Pens/Flyers game from the corner? Had a cool, nostalgic youth hockey feel to it, but I thought they weren't supposed to be in there?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:48 pm 

Isles beat the Rangers in their exhibition game. Woo. Hoo. I'm sure I'll be excited for Saturday's games, but this was just not there. And it was a good game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:19 am 
Big in Japan

Habs had four months to think about it and still couldn't fix their power play.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:28 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Canucks lose yet again to the Jets. That's something like 10 straight regulation losses to Winnipeg. Hellebuyck is insane and is in top form already. The Jets could do some damage this post season. I guess we'll see how their D corps holds up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:12 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Couldn't really get wound up for the exhibition games. I am really looking forward to the start of the games that count on Saturday. My main partner in crime for decades, Dwight and I are going for a tripleheader viewing at his house Saturday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next