OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:56 am 
King of Men

Ok...enough is enough. This Dr. Who shit with a guy being a fraction over and then having the refs take 5 minutes is just a waste of time and slows the game down.

You've got trained professionals there that know to watch for blatant offsides infractions (blown dead immediately). Let them do their job and stop cluttering up the game with nonsensical time travel challenges about a guy having his ass hair over the line when it has nothing to do with the goal.

It seems to be happening a lot this year with these hawks on the bench watching their surface pros to alert the coach.

Clean it up NHL!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:19 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Unfortunately we're never heading back. It was the dumbest idea a supremely dumb league has come up with in a really, really long time. Probably the dumbest since they all thought outlawing 2-line passes and allowing an entire roster's worth of players pile up behind the net were going to make the game more fun. :roll:

There has never been an instance where video review made officiating better. Never. You just need to live with the errors.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:26 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

My opinion: Make the refs review it in real time, no slo-mo. If you can't tell that way that it's offside, then it's not offside.

Basically, it has to be obvious. Which is why the rule was implemented in the first place, because the Nashville Predators lost their shit over that egregiously bad non-call on Matt Duchene a few years back.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:28 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Pokecheque wrote:
My opinion: Make the refs review it in real time, no slo-mo. If you can't tell that way that it's offside, then it's not offside.

Basically, it has to be obvious. Which is why the rule was implemented in the first place, because the Nashville Predators lost their shit over that egregiously bad non-call on Matt Duchene a few years back.

Again with Duchene. First gets coach's fired and now rule changes. :nar:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:46 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I have to admit that my like/dislike for the rule depends on how it impacts my team. :lol: Is that wrong? Yep. Do I wanna be right? Depends on how it impacts my team. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:03 pm 
Big in Japan

If they can get rid of the toe in the crease rule, they can get rid of the toe in the zone entry.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:07 pm 
King of the One-Liner

All or nothing. Can't have a review process started that can still get it wrong.

Goofy when it happens but just don't find it that annoying to be honest.