OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:30 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/01/09/ ... xt-season/
With Adidas taking over from Reebok, only 2 jerseys for each team (except maybe games like the winter classic, heritage classic, whatever-reason classic, just-made-up classic, first-year classic...

I don't hate the Isles black jerseys, like so many people do, but I won't mind seeing them go either.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:50 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

For the most part I've soured on the entire concept of third jerseys, mainly because they're either lame or they're so good they end up being the regular uniform. A few notable recent exceptions to either rule are the navy Blues jersey, Colorado's current thirds, as well as Lumbus's third jersey. It's probably just a coincidence that all three of those are navy blue.

Some teams, like the Isles and Oilers (ironically they have the same color scheme), should just forget the idea of a third jersey altogether. They got it right the first time, quit messing with it.

I'm kind of annoyed they have to boot the thirds every time a new manufacturer jumps on. What...they can't fucking figure it out by now? But whatever, I pray this means the Avs finally fix their apron jerseys once and for all. The EDGE switchover was largely a disaster, by now I would think the NHL and Adidas have learned some things and realize not everything has to be high-tech and what not. It's just a fucking jersey. Just make sure it looks good.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:50 pm 
Big in Japan

Remember early on in the Edge days when the jerseys would tear at the slightest bit of contact? Players would return to the benches looking like a lion had clawed them.

Good times.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:44 am 
King of Men

So they are switching from Reebok to Edge....WTF is edge? Its been downhill ever since they turfed CCM.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:43 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
So they are switching from Reebok to Edge....WTF is edge? Its been downhill ever since they turfed CCM.

Going to Adidas- All Day I Dream About Shootouts.

I just hope they have the living 2/3 of Run DMC play during the unveiling of the new designs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:37 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:

No, Reebok EDGE is what they're wearing now. They're going from Reebok to Addidas.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:21 pm 

I'll be pretty annoyed if the teams that finally got it right after initially faceplanting when the new designs came out (Philly, St. Lou) get all fucked up again.

Remember, NHL franchises (and it's high time you realized this, Nashville): Piping sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:55 am 

Av-merican wrote:
I'll be pretty annoyed if the teams that finally got it right after initially faceplanting when the new designs came out (Philly, St. Lou) get all fucked up again.

Remember, NHL franchises (and it's high time you realized this, Nashville): Piping sucks.

Expect the worst. There's probably some fashionista board trying to figure out how they can spice up NHL uniforms. I'm expecting something like leggings and tutus. Sure, it's doubtful, but at least what we get can't be worse. Probably.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:16 pm 

I'm sure the Nike influence will worm its way in there somehow, the same influence that's making so many NCAA football teams look like a bunch of clowns. :roll:

Rumors has it that the Avs will completely revamp their uniforms around the current third jerseys and ditch their 90s-era logo. That would be something.