OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:47 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

So how soon should fans order a Black Knights jersey with Marc-Andre Fleury's name on it?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:54 am 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:
So how soon should fans order a Black Knights jersey with Marc-Andre Fleury's name on it?

With the amount of goalies that will be available, you think he'll get taken?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:15 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Bosc wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

Bryan Miller. lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:18 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

That's very true, but I think Fleury's rep is still hugely inflated, and the Pens are gonna do whatever they gotta do to make a deal, even if they gotta eat salary.

I think I read somewhere that Fleury may actually be bought out, guess we'll find out soon, maybe even as early as tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:08 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

So if the name really is the Black Knights, how long before a player gets cut and every reporter/blogger rushes to be the first to have the headline "tis but a scratch" or "It's just a flesh wound!"?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:49 am 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Chris18 wrote:
So if the name really is the Black Knights, how long before a player gets cut and every reporter/blogger rushes to be the first to have the headline "tis but a scratch" or "It's just a flesh wound!"?

or, after a loss, the Knights chasing the other team around the ice saying, "We'll call it a draw."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:16 am 
Big in Japan

Las Vegas Black Knights Who Say Ni

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:37 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
That's very true, but I think Fleury's rep is still hugely inflated, and the Pens are gonna do whatever they gotta do to make a deal, even if they gotta eat salary.
I think I read somewhere that Fleury may actually be bought out, guess we'll find out soon, maybe even as early as tomorrow.
Don't forget Fleury has a no move clause so buyout would be the more likely scenario.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:58 pm 

Well as we've learned NMCs get waived all the damn time. If the Pens inform Fleury he's no longer the #1 goalie I'm positive he'll ask to be moved somewhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:57 am 

Yes - I am sure the Pens would rather coax Fleury into asking for a trade than having to buy him out, although his value has already greatly depreciated.

Imagine if the NMC goes unprotected in the expansion draft. Pandemonium would most definitely ensue. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:44 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
Yes - I am sure the Pens would rather coax Fleury into asking for a trade than having to buy him out, although his value has already greatly depreciated.

Imagine if the NMC goes unprotected in the expansion draft. Pandemonium would most definitely ensue. :lol:

Actually, they can't do that, NMCs have to be protected. It'd be hilarious if they weren't though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:04 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Las Vegas Black Knights Who Say Ni

Go score on that goalie in a penalty shot, wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith, a herring!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:52 pm 

Av-merican wrote:

Actually, they can't do that, NMCs have to be protected. It'd be hilarious if they weren't though.
Are you sure they can't do that? Suppose a labour relations lawsuit would get shoved right up Bettman's ass.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:52 am 

Oh I'm sure--they've said all NMCs (and I think NTCs) must be protected in the expansion draft.

This will be a verrrry interesting expansion draft. Because of the cap, the Knights can't just pick up any ol' unprotected player they want, and you know teams will be leaving some pricey players up for grabs. Unlike past expansion drafts I would imagine this team will start off just a little better than previous expansion teams who had to settle for talent that clearly wasn't NHL material.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:23 pm 

Yeah - knew it has been reported but didn't know ultimate expansion mandate had been finalized. It will be interesting to see the bad contracts that teams pick up, in order to put them into a position with options come next spring = see Canes.

Fleury will likely be have more a one team interested in his services - the Flames, Leafs and Stars spring to mind. This puts the Pens in a position of strength in terms of trade value this off season.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:47 am 
King of the One-Liner

Fleury will likely be have more a one team interested in his services - the Flames, Leafs and Stars spring to mind. This puts the Pens in a position of strength in terms of trade value this off season.

Though if one goalie can be protected you could see a couple more good goalies landing on the open market.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:08 pm 

Can someone explain how the protected list works with respect to pending UFA's (2017) with limited NTC's?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:31 pm 

Say a guy on a 1-way deal is taken in the expansion draft, but the Knights have too many guys on 1-way deals, so they waive one to go to the AHL. Does that player's former team get 1st crack at reclaiming him? Or do the Knights need to run him through waivers? Is there an exemption for an expansion team?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:19 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Say a guy on a 1-way deal is taken in the expansion draft, but the Knights have too many guys on 1-way deals, so they waive one to go to the AHL. Does that player's former team get 1st crack at reclaiming him? Or do the Knights need to run him through waivers? Is there an exemption for an expansion team?
I think there is a limit of players they can take on one way deals to begin with? Same waiver rules would apply (i.e. they can't waive a player on a one way deal).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:26 pm 

What I want to know is with respect to goaltender protection. Each team can protect one NHL goaltender.

So if one goaltender is a pending UFA (July 1, 2017) with a limited NTC, would the club be required to protect him?

Also would that count as the goaltender they must protect or would he go on a separate 'protected' list?

I'm thinking of Ryan Miller's situation.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion- ... -281010592

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next