OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:24 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Isles picked up JF Berube from the Kings. I guess Halak is really hurt. Well that's just fucking glorious.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:44 pm 

An interesting bit on the Corrado claim and the flak the Leaf's are getting for sitting him on the shelf. Got to feel for the kid.

http://canucksarmy.com/2015/11/24/waiver-abuse-and-the-future-of-frank-corrado

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:23 am 
King of the One-Liner

Fogghorn wrote:
An interesting bit on the Corrado claim and the flak the Leaf's are getting for sitting him on the shelf. Got to feel for the kid.

Well he was waived so that does seem to indicate he is a boarder line NHL'er either way and as it stands now he makes an NHL salary instead of an AHL one so sure while the kid would like to be playing NHL hockey he likely would take his current situation over passing through waivers and being in the minors so it is not all bad for him. I suspect that soon Polak will either be moved or sat and Corrado will get some time. I also starting to suspect that Babcock/Shanny likes to put players into positions they could whine about just to see if the player(or agent) whines about it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:12 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

Well he was waived so that does seem to indicate he is a boarder line NHL'er either way and as it stands now he makes an NHL salary instead of an AHL one so sure while the kid would like to be playing NHL hockey he likely would take his current situation over passing through waivers and being in the minors so it is not all bad for him. I suspect that soon Polak will either be moved or sat and Corrado will get some time. I also starting to suspect that Babcock/Shanny likes to put players into positions they could whine about just to see if the player(or agent) whines about it.

He's 22 years old, with no playing time this year and he won't be in game shape and will under perform when he does get put in and be back in the press box. I bet he'd rather be on the farm learning and get ready for when he does called up and can play regularly. It is more money in the short run but it could significantly affect his career which can cost him a lot more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:56 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Fogghorn wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

He's 22 years old, with no playing time this year and he won't be in game shape and will under perform when he does get put in and be back in the press box. I bet he'd rather be on the farm learning and get ready for when he does called up and can play regularly. It is more money in the short run but it could significantly affect his career which can cost him a lot more.

The Leafs Put right hand D Petter Granberg on waivers yesterday so it seems though it is taking a while Corrado likely is in the plans to play. The other thing to note is the Leafs called him up in early November then they went on to surprisingly only lose two of the twelve games thus far this month in regulation leading to a much more fixed lineup than was probably expected. My guess is he comes in Monday against the Oilers after a weekend loss to the Caps as the Leafs "hot streak" is over.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:38 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Hounsy wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

The Leafs Put right hand D Petter Granberg on waivers yesterday so it seems though it is taking a while Corrado likely is in the plans to play. The other thing to note is the Leafs called him up in early November then they went on to surprisingly only lose two of the twelve games thus far this month in regulation leading to a much more fixed lineup than was probably expected. My guess is he comes in Monday against the Oilers after a weekend loss to the Caps as the Leafs "hot streak" is over.

He was sent down for conditioning stint. Not a callup and they could not have kept him there any longer than they did.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:51 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Understood, more just saying the team unexpectedly went on a tear since his call up.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:31 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Understood, more just saying the team expectantly went on a tear since his call up.

Absolutely agree with that point, can't bring him in when things are going well but the counter point to that is why didn't they play him in October when things were horrible? Anyways time to let this one go, he's getting paid huge money to sit on his butt, there are worse problems to have.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:40 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Avs waive forward Dennis Everberg on Turkey Day. Good thing he's a Swede.

Had a really solid rookie season last year, then went down with a bad shoulder injury. Came back to the AHL this year, tore it up big time, earned a callup and really hasn't done much. Decent enough depth winger, I'd like to see another team give him a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:30 pm 
Big in Japan

Khudobin and Stoll on waivers. The former could be a useful backup to a team that can handle the rest of the 2.2M he's owed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:26 pm 

Man...hard to keep up here.

Seems that everyone just loooooves castoff d-men from the worst team in the league. First the Avs claim Andrew Bodnarchuk, now the Coyotes claim Kevin Connauton from Columbus (that's some fun alliteration right there).

Also, Cody Hodgson has been waived by the Preds in wake of the Ryan Johansen acquisition.

BTW, if anyone care, Brandon Gormley cleared waivers but won't be sent down until Erik Johnson or Brad Stuart is healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:41 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I heard John Scott is heading to the AHL. I think? Would he require waivers, or is there a "you're a joke of an NHLer" clause in the new CBA that would let him skip waivers?

And if someone else picked El Capitan, would the Coyotes have to put another representative in the ASG? John Scott has caused me to wonder about rules, including the ASG. 2016, you're a fucking strange year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:56 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Av-merican wrote:
Also, Cody Hodgson has been waived by the Preds in wake of the Ryan Johansen acquisition.

Man that guy was a hot ticket post draft and pre-pro. Even had a couple of okay seasons in the NHL....

Cheap, you'd think some bottom dweller has a roster spot to see if they can find and fix the problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:08 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

Man that guy was a hot ticket post draft and pre-pro. Even had a couple of okay seasons in the NHL....

Cheap, you'd think some bottom dweller has a roster spot to see if they can find and fix the problem.

But that's just it--the bottom feeders (Columbus, Buffalo, Edmonton) are more than set at C.

The next one up from those three is of course...Toronto.

Guenin and Hodgson cleared of course.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:28 pm 

First Brandon Gormley, now the other side of that trade, Stefan Elliott, is on waivers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:20 pm 
King of Men

I would take a flyer on Hodgson if I was Calgary or Boston

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:31 pm 
Big in Japan

Oil put Colonel Klinkhammer on waivers. Depth forward.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:21 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:

Really? He doesn't sound like much of an improvement over anything either of those teams got now, injuries included.

Problem with Hodgson is that while he's talented, he's neither big nor all that fast. Kind of this generation's version of Kyle Wellwood, except with a bit less hockey sense.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:37 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

Really? He doesn't sound like much of an improvement over anything either of those teams got now, injuries included.

Problem with Hodgson is that while he's talented, he's neither big nor all that fast. Kind of this generation's version of Kyle Wellwood, except with a bit less hockey sense.

And then there were the family problems. As Gillis said at the time, "I spend as much time dealing with Cody Hodgson issues in a month as I do the rest of the players combined" Had one of those know it all intrusive fathers. Cody may have grown up and taken control of that but if not................change that, its Calgary yes they definitely need him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:15 pm 
King of Men

Fogghorn wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

And then there were the family problems. As Gillis said at the time, "I spend as much time dealing with Cody Hodgson issues in a month as I do the rest of the players combined" Had one of those know it all intrusive fathers. Cody may have grown up and taken control of that but if not................change that, its Calgary yes they definitely need him.

Yikes. Didn't know that. I suppose we we already have Colborne.