All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Are you interested in continuing OTP?
Poll ended at Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:28 am
Yes (Oldie but goodie) 100%  100%  [ 8 ]
No (Let it go) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:28 am 
King of Men

Is there any interest in this board any longer? I realize that we are all at different stages in our lives and most of you use social media to get your information and conduct your daily lives. It appears that this board may have run its course.

Speaking for myself I know that I am quite busy and its been the offseason. Nothing hockey related to cover around here with 1 fan per forum.

Any value anymore?

Please vote. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:06 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

As you say, it is the off season, and we are able to get our info off social media, but for myself and I feel for most of the others on this board, is the social aspect of each other, and the great debates that we have. I feel, you will not get this on social media. I learn so much from here and enjoy everyone here so much!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:03 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

I am old. I do not use other forms of social media. I would miss all of you terribly if OTP was to go away. You all have become part of my family in a sort of ephemeral way. I still miss Randy, Joe, Holger, Tommy, Lisa and yes on occasions even Mark, etc., as they are no longer here. I do check in regularly even if I don't post as much as I used to.

BTW, the website won't let me vote. It keeps telling me the submitted form is invalid. I vote yes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:05 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Yes. This is the only site where I can be guaranteed sensible hockey discussion.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:11 pm 

I absolutely never, ever wanted to consider board members as friends..........despite that initial intent I have found I do in some weird inexplicable sort of way. I miss my dog more than I'd miss you all, but you would still be missed.

In the long run the board is dying, no new blood and others slowly leaving, the day may come to shut it down but it's not yet time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:50 pm 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

This is still my most visited hockey website even with all the other stuff I've been involved with. It's because I want to see what you guys are either up to or what your opinion might be. This is literally the only website from 2003 I still frequent several times a week. I don't think I was doing much internet banking back then (who'd want to check on their balance as a college kid anyway?) although I suppose my default home page at work is still the MSN homepage so there's that and Google. Google, MSN (not my choice and no reason to change it) and OTP. Pretty decent company.

How much for fees, Jay?

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:25 pm 
Big in Japan

Keep it going. We'll get blabbing again once the season starts.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:13 pm 
King of Men

I am not worried about fees. I just need to know if its worth the effort for me to move the domain name. I just to want to make sure you all are ok.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:18 pm 
King of Men

RW wrote:
I am old. I do not use other forms of social media. I would miss all of you terribly if OTP was to go away. You all have become part of my family in a sort of ephemeral way. I still miss Randy, Joe, Holger, Tommy, Lisa and yes on occasions even Mark, etc., as they are no longer here. I do check in regularly even if I don't post as much as I used to.

BTW, the website won't let me vote. It keeps telling me the submitted form is invalid. I vote yes.

I as well don't do the social media, maybe I've said that before.... :P . I twitter but that's only because you can't do trade deadline day (and now apparently free agency) without it.

I miss Butch and Chet.......who knows where they have gone to....every time I bring up marriage he goes dark on me (even on text!) :wookie: . I often wonder about Treebait and Skinnem....and way back in the day when we chipped in for that Canucklehead jersey. Like I said I know we are all older and perhaps a bit more cantankerous (speaking for myself) so I usually have to check every year to make sure where we are at.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:34 pm 
Chaser, Wearer of Skirts

I'd vote yes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:46 pm 
King of the One-Liner

absolutely. Not much of a social media user myself.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:47 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I check in a few times a week. If nobody else has posted, I usually log off, unless there is something of Isles interest to post. But like others, this is the only site I've continued a membership on for longer than 6 months. Most boards are full of idiots looking to pick e-fights or act like they are Scotty Bowman or Gretzky, just never got their chance. Discussions on here are sometimes heated, but civil and sensible. Good group of folks here, even if the numbers are dwindling slowly. The day will come to shut it down, but it's not yet.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:12 pm 
OTP Historian

As Hounsy said, absolutely.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:32 am 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Absolutely - have been avoiding the Internets mostly this off-season unless it was something I could post with one thumb on my iPhone, but am looking forward to the new season with OTP!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:50 am 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

I wasn't able to vote but I say YES keep it alive. This was my first blog, we've been around together in here since like 2002 haven't we?

To echo Av, it's the only site with intelligent hockey discussion.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:58 pm 
OTPoliceman

I'd post alot more here if Gary Bettman was no longer NHL commissioner. But yes, I am interested in continuing OTP.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:26 pm 
OTP Clown

Logical Progression wrote:
I wasn't able to vote but I say YES keep it alive. This was my first blog, we've been around together in here since like 2002 haven't we?

To echo Av, it's the only site with semiintelligent hockey discussion.

Fixed...